aitor

Military thread

So like its name says, a place to put questions or military issues.

So me first :) : Have the US Army firefighters for like an emergency like a big forest fire? Something like in Spain the UME (Unidad Militar de Emergencias)(translated is something like Military Emergency Group).

So like its name says, a place to put questions or military issues.

So me first :) : Have the US Army firefighters for like an emergency like a big forest fire? Something like in Spain the UME (Unidad Militar de Emergencias)(translated is something like Military Emergency Group).

Im not 100% but the homeguard may help with forest fires.

Im not 100% but the homeguard may help with forest fires.

Whats the homeguard, did you mean national guard??

I think so, Natioanl guard helps with all things really needed in the country like that. They don't have fire trucks and that, they are just military that help out with what they have (trucks, helos etc)

Has anybody's parachute ever failed?

Yes, hundreds of times, most times, resulting in death. Parachutes are not perfectly safe. Mind you they have a high success rate, but seldom enough, it does happen that they fail, everything from sloppy rigging, to wear and tear, to damage sustained in drop/while jumping

NFK Lies parachutes are totally safe unless I am the one that packed them and you've left me your worldy possessions...

The national guard is a force that is technically more or less a reserve contingient of military resources at the state-level's disposal in case of an emergency at a state-level, they are more or less just more "hands" to attempt to resolve whatever the issue may be that is at hand, not always optimum equipped resources available... Unfortunately what's available to lend a hand.. National guard forces are more or less a stop-gap to fill in the issue of insufficient personnel, but they realistically in the USA do not have the resources to address most "advanced" crisis scenarios... They are more or less equated to boots on the ground to help attempt to retain order and assist in the means of providing more manpower for whatever the issue(s) may be.

NFK Lies parachutes are totally safe unless I am the one that packed them and you've left me your worldy possessions...

Not in the case of Bear Grylls ;)

Now seriously, although some fail doesn´t mean that they aren´t safe.

The US National Guard has a number of units (aircraft, and ground crews) that are trained for wildland fire operations. Also many regular military bases have wildland fire equipment. I believe they're deployed in mutual aid to fires off base too.

Currently the national guard deploys c-130's with a special water bombardment load, also a variety of helicopters. As for ground units, any military base in a high fire area has a brush unit or two in addition to their structural apparatus. The MCAS Camp Pendleton has the most I can find. According to DoD fire, the p-29 is their designation for brush units. Also, the

can be deployed for just about anything, They used to air a commercial with them at a brush fire, but they're very big and bulky.

All branches of the armed services have their own firefighters that usually work on the base. Wether they just cover the flightline or accually cover the entire base with military firefighters and not govt. contracted ones differes from base to base and branch to branch.

How about the Crusie Missle Strikes in Liyba?

They told that the first step of the operation has been succesful, the tomahawk works!

About the OSHKOSH 300K is too big, I don´t think that it would be good in a mountain on fire, but anyways thanks for the info ;)

Guest SODeltaColt556

Has anybody's parachute ever failed?

it happened to me once during a tacsim... no biggie tho, any experienced skydiver will tell ya theres always a backup chute, actually specops guys pack 2 of em in case we need to parachute a 2nd time during an op.

it happened to me once during a tacsim... no biggie tho, any experienced skydiver will tell ya theres always a backup chute, actually specops guys pack 2 of em in case we need to parachute a 2nd time during an op.

I like the concept of 2 emergency parachutes :). If the main parachute fails; use the secondary. If the secondary fails, use the third one.

..but what if the third one fails? :1046276372_bawling: