MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

I love the mod but have a idea. :12: When I send a unit back to the station it would sometimes drive right by a fire and when i call like a ladder truck that just went buy the fire it would call another unit form off the map to resond. I was wondering can the fire trucks become avaible when returning to the station? :nixweiss: Like resonding form the road.

i agree with pyro. mid mount sounds awesome. but only if if would be able to function so people dont complain about it. you guys do so much as it is.

Yes we are still working on the Tower Ladder, don't be shocked if it can't get into buildings though because of how it works it might not be able to park in position right.

This isn't showing up in my mods.Only EM4 and LA Mod.I unzipped it,and used the mod installer and it shows up in my mod files, but not when I start the game.

Perhaps try reinstalling your game if you're having problems with multiple mods aside from this one... LA uses it's own installer and if this one installs into your mod folder correctly, it should show up under modifications in the main menu.

one more quick question sorry but ... are you all going to include FDNY Satellite trucks(foam tenders)

Have not decided if a Satellite is worth doing at this time... It's a possibility.

I love the mod but have a idea. :12: When I send a unit back to the station it would sometimes drive right by a fire and when i call like a ladder truck that just went buy the fire it would call another unit form off the map to resond. I was wondering can the fire trucks become avaible when returning to the station? :nixweiss: Like resonding form the road.

In short... No the script doesnt work this way, it checks the parking at the station for an available unit, it does not work like the LA standby one where there is a flag given to the vehicles etc.... Our script works differently, aside from that usually engines and what not are called from their stations not from anywhere on the road.

I will test this myself, NFK already has and reported no issue with it in 1.01... the only known issue is IF the gate is down on E10's bay it won't open it, but the simple fix for that is to leave the damned thing open... Since you manually have to close it in the first place... I will re-verify NFK's results but I can't say I had that issue ever of the truck stealing a spot without someone tampering with it, it shouldnt occur in 1.01... The initial release version it is theoretically possible it might have occured.

EDIT:

Test results show that regardless of which vehicles were missing they all parked normally when tested by NFK and myself in 1.01.... Engine 10 even with the gates closed (a common complant amongst users is the door would not open for 10), even with the doors closed, the vehicle roamed a bit until the door was opened, then parked in the correct parking space... They would, however not exit without the doors opened for them to leave manually.... So I believe that your mod is either corrupt or your computer may be experiencing lag making the scripts fail to function correctly, assuming as you claimed you have not altered the mod in any way.

Edited by MikeyPI
Updated Info

...... And FDNY ambulance return to hospital, not station

I just meant for the patrolling, they won't patrol in NYC unless you add a private ambulance, And St. Luke's Hospital ambulances patrol either; but I do believe the Lifeline Ambulances do, And I would really like to see this ambulance from Lifeline,

post-16958-0-43540200-1305339035_thumb.j

I have an idea, why not have additional parking in other area's of the map for the ambulance's.You still have the 3 spaces @ the Hospital and just have a few more ambulances from off the map parked top left, top right and bottom left of the map. So when the space's full @ Hospital than they will go to other spaces. Or give up maybe one space @ Hospital. :schreiben:

dont wana start an argument on a topic thats isnt for arguing but lifeline ambo's dont patrol they are 911 only like the seniorcare ambo's

I will say this one more time, and then I'm just going to give up. Unless an ambulance has an FDNY 911 participating ambulance logo on the front doors (i.e. St. Lukes Roosevelt ambulances) then they don't do 911 calls, meaning they have to call the companies private number, and when does anybody bother to do that in an emergency.

first off this mod is amazingly awesome. So much good about it, and also very little bad. However, when I play this mod the resolution of the game screen changes. Is there a way "force" a resolution such as 1680 x 1050?

it has only been happening when the mod loads, any ideas?