theocd

LA Noire

Hello,

Being as most of you are gamers I presume you are aware of Rockstar's new game: LA Noire. For those that don't: you play as an LAPD Officer and work your way through the ranks from Patrol Man to Vice Squad and the like. You get an oppurtunity for perhaps the most real and 'normal' police work I've seen in a game (Even things like SWAT 4 and Getaway: Black Monday aren't what I'd call 'normal' polciing). Anyhow, I think this video explains all in the best way so I'll leave you to view it:

The OC-D

Looking forward to this. I'm gonna make an awful detective though :P

I preordered through gamestop. Looks great.

The exclusives you get from Gamestop sound good. But the case from Walmart sounds good too.

Mind you, it probably won't be "exclusive" - you'll just have to pay on the psn/marketplace for the pre-order stuff.

Even for a firefighting person like me,

Just firefighting? anyway the game looks great! did you guys see how they used their new technologies to show the little things on people's faces to show if they are lying or telling the truth? It is pretty cool(coming from a tech nerd, anyway) :cool:

Probably with the time, people will start doing mods for it, adding modern cars like LAPD Ford Crown and bit by bit the game will become like today.

I don't think any player mods will be made, since the game appears to only be for Xbox 360 and PS3 right now, but maybe if enough people nag Rockstar games they'll release a Crown Vic package with the game or something, like in halo ODST, they released the general as a person that you could play.

I don't think any player mods will be made, since the game appears to only be for Xbox 360 and PS3 right now, but maybe if enough people nag Rockstar games they'll release a Crown Vic package with the game or something, like in halo ODST, they released the general as a person that you could play.

I doubt it. If they did that they would have to completely redo the game. A modern Crown Vic in 1947 LA wouldn't look good, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Here's the thing, if they made it modern, then the game would be a lot like CSI or other games like that. I think the reason they kept it so old is because in the 40's it was a lot more basic, and this stuff was just really starting up again after the war.

I tihnk they could create a game where the first few levels of this game (as a patrol officer) could be most of the game, and set it nowadays, and it could get really interesting.

I know the CV would stick out, but I still think it would look pretty cool, even if it is the on;y one, maybe they could edit the fire trucks too, but if I get this game, I will stick to the basics. And another reason it is 1940s is because Rockstar already has Modern Police cover with the LCPD mod for GTA IV,

I'm assuming you mean LCPD:FR mod? That's not their thing... They make no money off of it

That's what he was talking about, I was confused about that.

I can guarantee 99% right now, you will never see any modern packs for LA Noire unless they release it for PC, then people will be making mods in no time. I have a feeling it will be releasable for PC though. Pretty much all of Rockstar's games have been released for PC, even though there was a delay between the console release and PC release. But then again, Red Dead Redemption was never released for PC, so I don't know.