goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Overly-complicated light patterns and effects have been the issue for me, with multiple mods.

Would definitely agree, I read on here somewhere that each engine has upward of 150 lights or something, I can certainly imagine even 2 or 3 of them and a small house fire would probably start to give me some lag. Hopefully this will be manageable or a lighting submod will be release after

Not very realistic though, one of the best things going for this mod is the realism and I have yet to see a house fire that could be adequately handled with just one engine and a ladder.

Yeah. In the Uk a house fire means 2 engines are deployed straight away, does not matter how big it is.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do things by realism as well, thats the reason why I like and help out with this mod, is for it's realism. I was just saying for those computers that on a off shoot do have lag issues they don't have to go base off realism.

Once when we get to the point of the relase I will be posting how the typcial alarm works in surrey.

The emergency lights depends mainly on where the emergency is, for example if it is on a busy highway where warning oncoming vehicles is a priority most emergency vehicles wold have their lights on but if is a emergency where the lights are not needed anymore like a house fire they might turn the lights off. It really depends on the firefighter as to weather they switch the lights off or not after arriving.

We only can say how our computers/laptops react on the lights when the mod is released :)

And even if there are like 4 engines on the scene, not every engine has the lights on (Am I right, because that's something I saw in several videos :P )

Like he, NewfoundKing, Goog1967, and Dyson said, the results will vary depending on the power of your CPU. It is still premature to give you the official word on this matter, and with no presumptions. All of our models are highly detailed and the lights will be on the same benchmark, regardless of how many lights it will have. I am following a HD quality forumula specifically designed for good to high end computers. For those with lower end products, fear not, there will be available light options in the game that will enable you to activate/deactivate light modes on scene. It will help with FPS.

Think of us as Project Reality for BF2. We will push the limits of emergency 4 to its very end with maximum quality and entertainment.

And for someone who said a engine has around 150 poly -- it's actually higher now. All apparatuses ( Just fire departments) now have a standard poly package of 170 factory lights. Once That is added, I still have around an extra 100, 150+ of emergency lights to add to meet its real life counter part specifications.

Yup. It's a lot.

A good way to find out if you will have issues is to play our LA mod Police Units Upgrade.It has the high quality skins and lights that the RCMP mod uses.

We also have a better way to place lights,our old apparatuses were typically way above 400 lights placed for most fire units.That number has been more than cut in half with the new way CFD places the lights.

We will place only the amount needed to realisticly replicate the lights compared to it's real life counterpart.

Most of the videos I have seen with the Surrey Fire Service has them on scene with lights the whole time,I'm sure there are times that there was just scene lights and redirects used but I can't find any examples.

But for gaming purposes as cops said all engine lights don't need to be on if it's taxing your machine.

Looks amazing Goog, Can't wait.

Is the Map based on a specific area of surrey? Any landmarks as easter eggs for us who know the area? Or is it completely ficticious?

(The pics looks amazing, like south surrey/fleetwood area to me)

The map is based loosely off the 160 ST. Highway 1 area,because of map size you have to add a blend of residential and commercial.

The real life area is far too huge to fit in the EM4 map, it will have a Surrey,lower mainland feel to it.

As to how long a truck is on it depends. Most departments have a SOP (standard operating policy) that says if the truck is not being in use then it is to be shut down. It also depends on how long the truck is going to be there. in most instances the truck is shut down when they deem that they are not going to need it. Might as well save on fuel eh. Now in the winter this is a different story but we're not gonna get into that ;)

For what I know Surrey Fire Service maintains a couple of Quint trucks so will there be a functional Quint unit ingame, too?

I don't know if this is even possible with emergency 4's code structure and I totaly understand if you dont want to spoiler anything.

It was just a question that came in my mind. :)

Don't forget gentlemen, there is a option to shut the lights off. Besides a first alarm typically is 1-2 e possibly a quint or tower and a rescue. You don't need to have that in game. For most house fires I can have 1 engine and a ladder no problem.

Here in Burnaby we dispatch around 3 engines, rescue, and command. For any 1st alarm report of building fire. For general alarms ringing it's usually 2-3 engines.

For what I know Surrey Fire Service maintains a couple of Quint trucks so will there be a functional Quint unit ingame, too?

I don't know if this is even possible with emergency 4's code structure and I totaly understand if you dont want to spoiler anything.

It was just a question that came in my mind. :)

You are correct,Surrey Fire has 5-6 quints in service.Our mod will have Tower1 with the bucket,Surrey's quints are basically the same unit as Tower1 without the bucket.

We will have Tower1 setup with a bucket nozzle and 2 additional hookups on the pump panels.We plan on 3 stations and as it's pretty much already planned what will go in them,the rest will come from off map.So for now no quint but maybe we can squeeze one in before release...haven't decided yet.

96QmtZl.jpgFMKYCCV.jpg

Goog, Since school is done for me...If you still need me to finish that Federal Q or any other work done please PM me.

Thanks anyways,but we're good for now.Our buddy cops is making us one.