goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Nice! Will their be a way to plow snow?

We'll have plows driving around randomly with traffic simulating snow clearing,we figured this out some time ago where the truck has a snow spray exiting the far side of the plow...it looked pretty real.

Maybe even have a need to plow a snow bank or something similar to get access to an emergency...we'll see.

Here's an older picture of the TEC units,the white plow is a Surrey city unit and the orange would be a highways plow.The grader and a front end loder(not pictured) would also be available to use.

hbuRi.jpg

The mod is looking great my friend! Keep up the outstanding work. I'm always so jealous as to how you've gotten your models to look like that. I've gotten the lights down, looks like I'm going to have to try and start modeling now :holdglass: Except yes just like you, i am busy as Fu*^ but im determined! Haha, Then next will be scripting

Those look really nice! Have you also created a bulldozer?

ha ha we don't use bulldozers here,it rains for most part of the winter here.Bulldozers would rip the hell out of the streets ha ha...

For now they'll just cruise around the map,but we'll work it into being a useful unit to use in some form or another.

Hmm, how about creating 'snow models' that can be bulldozed away (replacing the bulldozer of course) and a simple script that respawns the snow over time? I dunno it's a lot of work but an idea how to fully implement :)

rett had mentioned something similar to that with the bulldozer function and a script to raise and lower the plow to remove the snow bank so let's say an ambulance can get through for example.

We'll figure that out when the time comes...it would be a nice feature to have.

i know this is completely random but goog...one more post and your at 1111. Btw that is a good idea :gut:

I tried without much success to stop at 69, or 666 but hey now it's 1111...my next goal can be 6969.

EDIT- another option would be to just use the existing front end loader and make a dump truck to haul away a snowdrift which is usually how it's done anyways.

I did not mean use the bulldozer for clearing streets, that's absurd. I meant if you make a plow snowbank script or something you could make a mission where their is a landslide and use a bulldozer. Or a script to knock down trees like for a fire break.

In some countries we call certain things differently,so to clarify...we're talking about snow removal of the streets so when you said have you made a bulldozer,well that's what I thought would be strange to use for that purpose.Surrey is a modern city that has a relatively flat geography so a landslide is just not a realistic option.If we had that we could maybe do a downed tree on the road accident or the snow banks ect...oh the possibilities.

this is a bulldozer in North America:this would kill the road

xFgRB.jpg

this is a front end loader:this would be the choice for heavy snow removal

fKzBp.jpg

Yeah we are talking about the same piece of equipment. I just jumped from snow to something else, I was thinking of like the forest fire mission or something. I just jumped topics really, sorry.

no worries,just crossed wires on what we were talking about.

Here's an older picture of the TEC units,the white plow is a Surrey city unit and the orange would be a highways plow.The grader and a front end loder(not pictured) would also be available to use.

hbuRi.jpg

Definitely don't forget the possibility of a snowplow rollover call! Had one the other day :)