goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

So guys after months of trying to get the dispatching voices of actual events to work I have come to a in pass. There are two reasons for this. One Surrey RCMP went to P25 encripted a few years back which means that you can no longer hear them on a scanner inless you have a surrey police radio (good luck getting one of those.) So trying to get old radio traffic unfortantly doesn't work.

And Two it hasn't been working out as well. I am not quiet sure what the problem is. So maybe one day it might work.

Sorry guys.

You can find a link to the Kelowna RCMP scanner, which seems to be the most active out of the few that are available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-LzRm3NGKo Just a cool video I found, it's the Kelowna RCMP.

Will there be audio for the police officers? As in different audio than the LA mod? For example will there be audio when you have someone at gunpoint? And maybe when you click to follow someone will there be RCMP audio? I think that when you follow someone maybe you guys should use this audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAqcJSiZLw4

Listen at the end Air One says Code 4 for takedown, radio silence=Code 4 so constables can relay information to dispatch.

I included a cruiser for Coquitlam but it's a slicktop,the Tomar appears to be on their older cars and most of the newer cars regardless of detachment, all have legends.The VPD also switched to legends,the Tomars are found on cars when they had the older paint scheme...so we will not have a Tomar bar.

We do however have a cruiser with a edge lightbar as there still is a few kicking around in the lowermainland especially Surrey.

All the radio chatter will be non LA.

Ok,let's stop with the light patterns suggestions.CFD will handle it and he will do the real life patterns of eachstyle and jurisdiction.

Your welcome Goog ;)

But some suggestions for realism...

A script that allows you to treat a victim with several paramedics/police officers etc...?

(once I get a new pc/repaird my old one I can try to make that script...)

A script where you need to do more with the victim, because now you only have to click on a victim and the paramedic rais his/her health...

A script where the EMT slowly rais the health of a victim, and a paramedic a little faster, and a doctor the fast

But you now my email/pm :P

I included a cruiser for Coquitlam but it's a slicktop,the Tomar appears to be on their older cars and most of the newer cars regardless of detachment, all have legends.The VPD also switched to legends,the Tomars are found on cars when they had the older paint scheme...so we will not have a Tomar bar.

We do however have a cruiser with a edge lightbar as there still is a few kicking around in the lowermainland especially Surrey.

All the radio chatter will be non LA.

Ok,let's stop with the light patterns suggestions.CFD will handle it and he will do the real life patterns of eachstyle and jurisdiction.

I actually see Tomar Lightbars quite often actually. Especially in Coquitlam. I know that it's difficult to make a Tomar 930 model, but like you said about the Whelen Edges, there are quite abit still in operation. The VPD have the Tomar on the majority of their crusiers, but I have noticed the switch, I have a picture of a couple showing the Legend and all.

Point being, there are still some Tomar Lightbars around and I think it would make a GREAT addition to the mod instead of making those cars just slicktop.

Great progress so far!

Burnaby RCMP 5034 picture by me: 001-1-1-1.jpg

Furthermore, I just realised I had this picture of Engine 5 BFD lying around 014.jpg

Vancouver Police CVPI's by Unknown: b99e135712cb50dae83f48a781744d84.jpg

The new Tomars with the led's are pretty bright,speaking of which,I caved and made an RCMP version.I will also do an older strobe version for the older VPD cruiser.

EDIT-see pics below

That's SO AMAZING! I love how you guys will actually listen to the general people on these forums, and take their ideas into consideration. My favourite mod on here by far!

Furthermore, it does really fit better then having a slicktop VPD cruiser, CQ RCMP cruiser. It just makes the mod much more realistic, amazing modelling job on this one, can't wait until it gets enabled with lights!

This is just to show the lightbars for the RCMP,there is a liberty and a VPD tomar also.This is all we will have(don't ask for more) and all are accurate,CFD will give them real world light patterns.

Em42012-03-1115-23-38-12.jpg

my goal,I love the fact that there are so many police cars,each will have unique lighting.Unlike having multiples of one car with cookie cutter lights.Fire units will be the same,so when you get all these units in play it's gonna look sweet.

Yes, thank you the video contributions, but please it is not necessary. I am an encyclopedia of emergency lights and sirens, so I am very well aware of the specifications of the RCMP and it's lower main land units. let's stop with the aforementioned suggestions and stick to map suggestions because we need em.

FYI, the rear deck amber pattern is the universal RCMP pattern that you commonly see across Canada. It's the default pattern. Nothing different :)