Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

what I ment was that I reinstalled LA mod from scratch again and it works fine, however copying the NY mod 2.3b into the LA MOD with out the map works also, but once I install the map files, then the entire game is white.

You get 2 .zip files, Extract them both, Put the map folder inside the other folder, Drop the folder into the mods folder.

You get 2 .zip files, Extract them both, Put the map folder inside the other folder, Drop the folder into the mods folder.

true :)

pulled an all nighter last night on the new version, concentrating mainly on firehouse issues etc, and because by the time I had fixed all the issues the christmas idea will be out of date, the 2.3 will lways stay a beta and 2.4 will have as many bug fixes as I have managed, plus the new w00d map and some new units.

Sticking with 2.3b the patch for the PAPD and tape fix I'll upload tonight 2.3.1 :)

Sorry if it all seems rather confusing, I'm just aiming to constantly improve the submod as much as possible :)

Dyson

x

this is what I'm thinking, based off your idea, what do you think?

Only problem I see is its MikeyPI not MickeyPI lol. :P

Otherwise great job!

2.4 will have as many bug fixes as I have managed, plus the new w00d map and some new units.

his may sound harsh yet, but have you even released a stable version of the mod yet? I dont recall one. I know your goal is not perfection but why dot you focus on making things stable rather then rushing through and releasing new versions that add new maps and new features? Once you have a stable product then it is much easier to add features as you want.

true :)

pulled an all nighter last night on the new version, concentrating mainly on firehouse issues etc, and because by the time I had fixed all the issues the christmas idea will be out of date, the 2.3 will lways stay a beta and 2.4 will have as many bug fixes as I have managed, plus the new w00d map and some new units.

Sticking with 2.3b the patch for the PAPD and tape fix I'll upload tonight 2.3.1 :)

Sorry if it all seems rather confusing, I'm just aiming to constantly improve the submod as much as possible :)

Dyson

x

Your work, along everyone else's is remarkable and greatly appreciated Dyson. Thanks for continuing to work hard in developing a good and stable submod.

Your work, along everyone else's is remarkable and greatly appreciated Dyson. Thanks for continuing to work hard in developing a good and stable submod.

Only problem I see is its MikeyPI not MickeyPI lol. :P

Otherwise great job!

his may sound harsh yet, but have you even released a stable version of the mod yet? I dont recall one. I know your goal is not perfection but why dot you focus on making things stable rather then rushing through and releasing new versions that add new maps and new features? Once you have a stable product then it is much easier to add features as you want.

I just explained that, I am aiming towards a stable version, but theres no point in spending 2/3 months focusing on 2.3 making it stable then release the christmas edition in the middle of March, and now I think I've sussed the scripting, just changed engine 216 to spawn with 4 ff rather than 2 and 2 paramedics, also managed to add a return to station like the engines to the batt chief SUV, hopefully this explains why I am going on to a new version with a new map. Also bama123 is back and currently working on some new models :)

Dyson

x

PS oops I'll change that haha

@heyjoojoo thanks :D I think I'm addicted now, I don't even play the game, I just love coming up with ideas such as front re-entrance and then learning how to achieve it :)

Well like in any mod, the road to perfection is off to a long but great start :P

The new models are great and even with the bugs I had I enjoyed playing. I might go and tweak some myself in the editor. Don't worry about rushing the map, it'll still be snowy season for a few months.

I admire the dedication you have for pushing forward ideas and creativity, plus teaching yourself to mod. But now let's kerp on going to nail this mod (:

I just explained that, I am aiming towards a stable version, but theres no point in spending 2/3 months focusing on 2.3 making it stable then release the christmas edition in the middle of March, and now I think I've sussed the scripting, just changed engine 216 to spawn with 4 ff rather than 2 and 2 paramedics, also managed to add a return to station like the engines to the batt chief SUV, hopefully this explains why I am going on to a new version with a new map. Also bama123 is back and currently working on some new models :)

Dyson

Thing is after the x-mas edition are you going to stop and focus on stability? If the answer is no, then my point still applies. Im not trying to sound negative, if any one knows how much work it takes to make things good and stable, not to mention release a project like this(atleast in terms of people posting in this thread) its me. So sorry if I keep stressing this..I just look forward to the day I can actually play this with out having to play this way or play that way to refrain from causing a script error or some other big bug.

Thing is after the x-mas edition are you going to stop and focus on stability? If the answer is no, then my point still applies. Im not trying to sound negative, if any one knows how much work it takes to make things good and stable, not to mention release a project like this(atleast in terms of people posting in this thread) its me. So sorry if I keep stressing this..I just look forward to the day I can actually play this with out having to play this way or play that way to refrain from causing a script error or some other big bug.

Well the answer is yes, but also on the next version, theres no point in applying all the script changes and VO changes, then having to then construct it to a new map, so I am doing both

Fixed during gameplay or you did some tinkering with scripts?

how?

It was the new gate that had been added. I moved it out,and I put an ambulance in that spot and now it comes out. I am going to try the USAR truck now

The USAR truck works =)

but I am keeping it behind station one and making station three a ALS ambulance station :P

Edited by emsteam

I just need to know how to do it please! Ive been trying for 2 days now

I believe people can help you better if you tell us how you've been installing it so that we can give you pointers, otherwise you're going to hear the same suggestions that people have been making:

After you download the file from the link, you'll need to unzip it to get to what's inside. Inside, you'll see that there are two files in the package: one called 'maps' and the other called 'Los Angeles Mod v2.0'. You need to move that 'maps' folder to the inside of the 'Los Angeles Mod v2.0' folder. After you have done that move, now you can take that 'Los Angeles Mod v2.0' folder and just put it inside your game's 'Mod' folder. Where is that 'Mod' folder? It's going to be on your hard drive in the WizardWorks directory which is where your game resides.

Finally got my head round scripts, I think I've disabled all the extra VOs from both FS so the engines/ambulance will return to station if there is no room, so no script errors, also the batt car now functions like the engines entering and exiting the FS ~(something I hadn't been able to do before) also working on trying to get the vehicles to reverse in, managed it with one but no luck with the rest yet :P and finally managed to fix the getting stuck issue, not sure how but it all works fine now :)

So this is what I mean by new version ;)

Dyson

x

PS beta testers I will be using you to test soon,

Also I'll upload the 2.3.1 patch for the tape and PAPD later today :)

Good job dyson! As usual if you need any help with the scripts please feel free to pm me. And if you need me to test let me know as well. The new version sounds like i may fianlly get to play this cause in the current state its just to much trouble for me. I am anxious to see what you have done as i might be interested in utilizing some things in my projects as i am sure there may be some things in my project that will interest you as well.

Good job dyson! As usual if you need any help with the scripts please feel free to pm me. And if you need me to test let me know as well. The new version sounds like i may fianlly get to play this cause in the current state its just to much trouble for me. I am anxious to see what you have done as i might be interested in utilizing some things in my projects as i am sure there may be some things in my project that will interest you as well.

haha at the moment its just simple returrn to station removal for all the extra units but I'll see what else I can do :)

P.S does anyone know how to make someone say something specific in freeplay when interviewed, I created the speech in the lang then applied it to the traits of the person in the editor, but then they can't be interviewed in game nixweiss.gif

dyson

x