Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

One thing I didnt like (and I believe is adjustable) is that missions fail quickly. If one person dies on a medical or accident it is a failure. It makes it so you rarely get to use the medical examiner and even fail before some units get on scene. I almost positive it is adjustable, but I would have to double check.

Could anyone explain to me the different function of CPC 13, HAZTAC RAC and the other one that looks like CPC 13 and HAZTAC, and what they stand for. HAZTAC being HazTactical, right?

"RAC" stands for Recuperation and Care (or Rehab and Comfort depending who you ask). One is assigned on all incidents of All-Hands or greater. They carry a variety of replenishing fluids to supplement the cooler tanks carried by companies and provide a place for firefighters to take a breather during an operation, and are staffed by a single light-duty firefighter.

A HazTec incident is usually a smaller hazardous material spill or leak. The city's Squads, as well as Engs 44, 165, 250, 274, and Rescue 5 are trained in HazTec operations and have a second piece for handling such incidents. HazMat incidents are usually larger, either in size or danger depending on the chemicals (e.g. an oil tanker leak that cannot be containe by HazTec). These incidents bring HazMat 1 and the HazMat Battalion.

Each company is also assigned a Rapid Response Unit which carry's all the needed equipment. CPC Units carry Both Level A and B Suits one for each member.As well they carry a supply of Decon Equipment. So CPC L13 carries the equipment for Ladder 13.

http://nycfire.net/f...hp?topic=1273.0

http://nycfire.net/fdny/hazmat/cpc

"RAC" stands for Recuperation and Care (or Rehab and Comfort depending who you ask). One is assigned on all incidents of All-Hands or greater. They carry a variety of replenishing fluids to supplement the cooler tanks carried by companies and provide a place for firefighters to take a breather during an operation, and are staffed by a single light-duty firefighter.

A HazTec incident is usually a smaller hazardous material spill or leak. The city's Squads, as well as Engs 44, 165, 250, 274, and Rescue 5 are trained in HazTec operations and have a second piece for handling such incidents. HazMat incidents are usually larger, either in size or danger depending on the chemicals (e.g. an oil tanker leak that cannot be containe by HazTec). These incidents bring HazMat 1 and the HazMat Battalion.

Each company is also assigned a Rapid Response Unit which carry's all the needed equipment. CPC Units carry Both Level A and B Suits one for each member.As well they carry a supply of Decon Equipment. So CPC L13 carries the equipment for Ladder 13.

http://nycfire.net/f...hp?topic=1273.0

http://nycfire.net/fdny/hazmat/cpc

In this case the game doesn't serve that purpose as said in real life. it serves a whole different purpose in game which i think is what handsup question was referring to.

yea I know that but those units really don't do much in the mod unless you actually role play it and try to be realistic on fire calls etc. Like there really is no difference in the mod between a division and battalion chief, but its always fun to respond to calls with the proper units. That's what make this mod extremely different from all others.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, if anyone else has reported this I appologize for the repost (didn't see anything). But there are two missions I've not been able to complete. The first is a medical down by E53/L43, the victim is on the north sidewalk and I cannot seem to be able to reach him, almost as if there is a VR wall or something blocking access. The other was a car fire on the NW corner of the map, not sure homw much time i spent dumping water but it would not go out...so I tried to let it burn up, and it would not burn up...???

Only other "bug" i've noticed is the arrows on the map shoiwng traffic direction doesn't always line up with traffic, E22/L13/B10 all seem to want to go against traffic for everything! :) Not a big issue as it does not affect game play, just though I'd let you guys know. Awsome job with v 2!

C.

I'm going to have to request either a helicopter drop for people, or opening up the back yards. I've played about 15 or 16 times (I try to keep up on all the mods) and every single one, there was one of the dogs in the backyards going rabid, and it'll just sit on my screen forever. It's a real pain

I'm going to have to request either a helicopter drop for people, or opening up the back yards. I've played about 15 or 16 times (I try to keep up on all the mods) and every single one, there was one of the dogs in the backyards going rabid, and it'll just sit on my screen forever. It's a real pain

Hahaha I got that too. V2.0.1 will add rest of the lights, all known bugs will be fixed as well. NFK What do you think of the mod? :)

In this case the game doesn't serve that purpose as said in real life. it serves a whole different purpose in game which i think is what handsup question was referring to.

Yes, you're right f1r3nyc, i wanted to know if they serve any purpose to roleplaying in the game, because thats what em4 is, right? A roleplaying game? I like to respond with the right units with the right amount of them at the right time.

Right got the CTD fixed and have been happily playing now only bug I really hate most is this natural gas leak you can never pass it I have had it fail within 1 to 2 seconds of the supervisor coming up and saying gas explosion and then immediately failed so there is just no time at all from notification to failure at all and so no chance to ever pass it this needs to be fixed and the other a couple units I have found do not allow you to put personnel back in the vehicle if you get them out like for example the nypd auxiliary guys inside the tow truck also would love to see taser added and too more units if any have it now as I have not seen any with taser, also unlike other taser scripts should not have to be right next to the suspect to tase them instead should shoot and hit for a few feet away like in real life the barbs project quite a distance!

Sorry however forgot to say in last post as was listing the bugs great mod however most enjoyable one for me personally so far and so off to play some more now been playing today as not working so far for about 14 hours :xmas: for me xmas came early :cheers-mate::D

I have played the mod for about an hour with no problems at all. I did run into a natural gas leak in the NE corner that called mission fail despite having all the units up there spraying on the storm drain in the street.

Yea i think thats a bug also... I can't seem to put it out either.

yea I know that but those units really don't do much in the mod unless you actually role play it and try to be realistic on fire calls etc. Like there really is no difference in the mod between a division and battalion chief, but its always fun to respond to calls with the proper units. That's what make this mod extremely different from all others.

Are you a firefighter at the midtown house?