Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Well the first map was built for convenience, we just crammed as much of NYC as we could into about 20 blocks.

This map is completely different, we've based the road layouts strictly on the area of NYC we're doing, the building placements are not as accurate, just what we can get to fit on the city blocks, but the locations of firehouses and street misc is based off the real area.

I'm also putting the emphasis on detail, in the previous map there was detail, but for example, back alleys were kinda empty, streets were sometimes bare, this time we have backgardens, back alleys, back street car parks, loads of stuff, it's the way I hope to do it, which is why, it's taken me about 5 days to do about 5 blocks, but the new firehouse is under way, with one or two new units.

So yeah still nothing to release to y'all, but keep the interest up and we'll keep telling you guys more info as it comes.

x

Well the first map was built for convenience, we just crammed as much of NYC as we could into about 20 blocks.

This map is completely different, we've based the road layouts strictly on the area of NYC we're doing, the building placements are not as accurate, just what we can get to fit on the city blocks, but the locations of firehouses and street misc is based off the real area.

I'm also putting the emphasis on detail, in the previous map there was detail, but for example, back alleys were kinda empty, streets were sometimes bare, this time we have backgardens, back alleys, back street car parks, loads of stuff, it's the way I hope to do it, which is why, it's taken me about 5 days to do about 5 blocks, but the new firehouse is under way, with one or two new units.

So yeah still nothing to release to y'all, but keep the interest up and we'll keep telling you guys more info as it comes.

x

I recommend not using models from other games like gta 4, it could be a huge source of problems for lower spec computers.

I recommend not using models from other games like gta 4, it could be a huge source of problems for lower spec computers.

We have a few different ideas we're floating around, but as we've always said, first up we work to our optimum, make it as realistic as we can with what we have (GTA buildings and all) then we create lower spec versions later :)

Best of both worlds.

Here's the promo for v2 and the MERU mp group.

577206_336287819781849_1265950964_n.jpg

dude... i have a feeling that you don't understand what teamspeak is... i messaged you our teamspeak server but you replied give me a link....

i need a free version of i t

So... the new firehouse is done, and it's looking sharp, still on map edits, but we're already getting calls for FIRE / EMS / MVA / PD so everything is looking good, just gotta continue across the entire map, around 1/3 of the map is now finished :)

Thanks to those of you sticking with us, and reading this post, no pics still, we don't want to be seen to taunt people (we were heavily criticized for doing so) but you'll see v2 soon enough :)

x

So... the new firehouse is done, and it's looking sharp, still on map edits, but we're already getting calls for FIRE / EMS / MVA / PD so everything is looking good, just gotta continue across the entire map, around 1/3 of the map is now finished :)

Thanks to those of you sticking with us, and reading this post, no pics still, we don't want to be seen to taunt people (we were heavily criticized for doing so) but you'll see v2 soon enough :)

x

really like you for keeping the mod and keeping us informed lol