Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Maybe put the NY buildings in the LA Map and it dont have to be the tallest NY skyscrappers either. It could be the suround area of the City.

Just to let you guys know that I did not give up on your Manhattan mod or your other mods.

I like the current map. There are a few things that need to be addressed, but the map itself is great. There are a ton of buildings where the tower ladder pipes don't work. The ladders rotate, but no water comes out when you hit the hose symbol. The brownstones at the upper left side of the map are guilty of this glitch. There are many buildings that are 4-5 stories, and the fire is on the top floor, that the water won't turn on. The extra alarm glitch is still there. From messing with the editor, it looks to me like the two vehicles are inside of each other, and that's why they can't move. Squad 18 has no deck gun or rapid deploy command. Engine 54 stops when pulling out of the station. I have to pull it into the street before I can send it on a run. Also Ladder 4's sirens don't automatically work.

These are the only remaining glitches that I can recall. I have

manually edited the map, and have done away with mostly small things so that my pc has more memory available. If these things are patched, and the CTD is fixed, then I believe that this will be the best mod out there.

I like the current map. There are a few things that need to be addressed, but the map itself is great. There are a ton of buildings where the tower ladder pipes don't work. The ladders rotate, but no water comes out when you hit the hose symbol. The brownstones at the upper left side of the map are guilty of this glitch. There are many buildings that are 4-5 stories, and the fire is on the top floor, that the water won't turn on. The extra alarm glitch is still there. From messing with the editor, it looks to me like the two vehicles are inside of each other, and that's why they can't move. Squad 18 has no deck gun or rapid deploy command. Engine 54 stops when pulling out of the station. I have to pull it into the street before I can send it on a run. Also Ladder 4's sirens don't automatically work.

These are the only remaining glitches that I can recall. I have

manually edited the map, and have done away with mostly small things so that my pc has more memory available. If these things are patched, and the CTD is fixed, then I believe that this will be the best mod out there.

You gotta blame all those morons that were rushing this mod to come out... it was wayyyy better in beta.

Well I was one of those guys. I admit it. It is what it is. I'm convinced that the meat of the issues with this mod have to do with the its size and that most people's computers just don't have enough memory to run it successfully. I was one of the guys who went into the editor and deleted some stuff. Mostly small things like trash. I did eliminate some cars and people as well. I can play with no major issues for an hour or so. I also cut back the traffic and pedestrian spawns so that traffic isnt such an issue. It took some figuring out, but I wanted to play this mod and not throw it away. It's a fun mod. I was willing to bend and learn how to get this game to be playable on my PC. After all, I did push them to release it. It wasn't hard to go into the editor, and I am wondering why this info hasn't gone out to everyone. Maybe it has? Who knows?

These guys shouldn't have to shoulder the burden for every aspect of this mod. We can step up and do some things to lighten the load. After all, a lot of guys stepped up and produced models and maps for the LA mod, perhaps we can do the same here.

Interesting idea, have the community contribute models. However, just a note, the LA Mod models were mostly by Hoppah. There were a couple people Hoppah got models from for Em3, and just kept those as the game advanced, however most of the rest were either from Voodoo_Operator, or MikeyPI, both friends of Hoppah

I'll probably just put it on the la map

I like this idea alot the map is just too much for the game to handle even if you have a decent computer such as myself it lags alot and it kinda takes away from the game. Glad to hear your still here btw.

Interesting idea, have the community contribute models. However, just a note, the LA Mod models were mostly by Hoppah. There were a couple people Hoppah got models from for Em3, and just kept those as the game advanced, however most of the rest were either from Voodoo_Operator, or MikeyPI, both friends of Hoppah

Yeah, I misspoke. I meant to say that small changes to maps and buildings and such more than vehicles. The vehicles are fine. There are a couple of LA Mod maps out there which is nice.

Our Clan is accepting any mature members who speaks english and have a microphone. Realism at its best. Join our teamspeak server NOW! TS: www.lovheim.net Come join us and hop on our games.... we dispatch and still recruiting for members.

I Want everyone to post issues they are having so I can try to fix or remove them in the next update. Now I don't want to hear any bitching about crashes on startup just bugs or things tha

At lead to crashes!

Hey Guys, cool mod. I'll try to help with some basic issues with the mod. I'll keep to the large ones . . .

1) The bomb scenarios are broken I think. When I arrest the bomb guy, the scenario goes to complete and I can leave the bomb as long as I want and nothing will happen.

2) At least on my computer, which is mid-higher end, using the siren buttons does not work after the game has been running for a few minutes (or a few fire runs). Eventually I get a runtime error about the siren script and the game crashes. I can go back and find the exact syntax if you'd like it. (It is your mod, but my suggestion would be to just get rid of all of the siren options and go with one and a horn).

3) Not a huge deal, but sometimes fires (I'm all about fire, not police) are off map and the firefighters are shooting water off screen.

4) Can't get to some fires. Mostly in the WTC area.

I hope this is helpful and not just complaints. It is a cool mod, I support it all the way.

Thanks much,

NC