Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

It's called a PASS (Personal Alert Safety System) device that can be found on the SCOTT Air packs. The pass devices are activated when a firefighter transmits a mayday and activates his PASS device or stops moving for more than 30 seconds. It would be a nice feature but are quite annoying because they go off until someone deactivates the device which means if you dont have EMS on the scene in game these annoying alarms will be going off. If you do add them then make sure you make it a low volume because even in real life these things are really annoying.

Every thirty seconds you have to move your airpack to make sure the alarm doesn't go off and when I was in my local fire academy class every time we let a PASS device go off we had to do pushups.

ok thanks for the name but thats the biggest fu**in fail in my life i'm a fire fighter and i don't know the name of it ha ha well i did but i've gotten drunk over my vacation from when i went out of state and i forget some things so thanks and yeah i think it would add a lot or realism but if i'm not mistaken i think rafael said that that will be in the search and rescue mission for the WTC missions

and this vid has a better demonstration :)

Yes The FDNY Has thoes it went off on 9/11 when towers were collapsing they also use them for reg fires and structure fires.And they also use it for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th and up alarms.

So here goes, adding a tonne new units to fill out the reserve engines and ladders. Then onto freeplay to attempt to create something that could constitute a fifth Alarm, any ideas? :)

why not have a crane collapse?

I believe there was several over a short period of time that prompted multialarm responses by the fdny :~)

Multiple gas explosions in a one block radius causing the entire block to be involved...thats all I can think of...or maybe a huge warehouse, which would be just as big. 5th alarm assignments are very rare. On 9/11/2001 The highest the alarms got was 5 alarms for each tower. (I guess you technically could make that a 10 alarm assignment)

Multiple gas explosions in a one block radius causing the entire block to be involved...thats all I can think of...or maybe a huge warehouse, which would be just as big. 5th alarm assignments are very rare. On 9/11/2001 The highest the alarms got was 5 alarms for each tower. (I guess you technically could make that a 10 alarm assignment)

thats not the case, for example on Tuesday may 22nd a 10 alarm fire was called in Brooklyn after a series of warehouses caught fire, during major fire's its common for alarms to exceed five, i'm sure far far more alarms were called on 9/11 infact a dispatcher on duty that day describes the loss of fire fighters and equipment as "10 alarms worth"

why not have a crane collapse?

I believe there was several over a short period of time that prompted multialarm responses by the fdny :~)

You know how long that would take to clean up with no excivator and fdny or nypd to stay at scene for hole Freeplay or when it started

thats not the case, for example on Tuesday may 22nd a 10 alarm fire was called in Brooklyn after a series of warehouses caught fire, during major fire's its common for alarms to exceed five, i'm sure far far more alarms were called on 9/11 infact a dispatcher on duty that day describes the loss of fire fighters and equipment as "10 alarms worth"

A fifth alarm is the highest alarm the FDNY has in terms of preplanning. A sixth alarm and higher is 4 engines and 2 ladders, so they're not considered a traditional alarm way a 1st through 5th alarm would be.

i know how dyson thinks about it (talked to him earlier ;) ) but i think making these scenarios extra missions and keep the freeplay a seperate thing would be cooler.

crane crash or extending a gas explosion incident would be okay for freeplay.

extra missions (on extra maps) would give some more freedom .

if you'd place all the debris on the road you need after a building "collapses" in freeplay it all had to suddenly disappear once the mission is completed.

anyway, what i'm trying to say is that you could more realistic scenarios mission based.

just an idea ^^

sorry for posting that :P

(null)

I have a question in the mod do after a fire or crime scene do we have to keep units there? and can police cars patrol the city (ambulances im not worried abont now)

Thats why I said 5 alarms in each tower which is actually what happened if you listen to the full audio tape of the manhatten radio channel on 9/11 you will only hear the assignment go up to 5 alarms in each tower.

Thats why I said 5 alarms in each tower which is actually what happened if you listen to the full audio tape of the manhatten radio channel on 9/11 you will only hear the assignment go up to 5 alarms in each tower.

Technically yes there were only 5 alarms requested, but by that point, communications were so fu*ked up that it was pretty much "get on the truck and go" for most companies across the city and the surrounding areas. Also, I'm sure there was at least a 10-60, a 10-66, and a 10-80 code 4, which is at least a 5th alarm worth of equipment if not more. Now, :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Normal? Like it happens often? I guess maybe once every two three weeks if it's a big enough fire. Not too realistic to do that all of the time though because that creates many gaps in NYC and for some reason when that happens, call volume increases.....weird. It's like robbers robbing a liquor store when a bunch of cops are at a bank robbery.

In 1969 there was a 19 alarm fire in brooklyn and in 2006 a 10 alarm. 9/11 was the largest and was estimated to have risen to up to 20 alarms. After all my research 9/11 was so huge they just quit counting. From battalion 1 transmitting 2nd and 3rd alarm assignments to the end up to 20 alarms that was deffinately the largest fire in fdny history along with the largest rescue operation.

Yeah after they said five for each tower they just kept asking for more units! 19 alarms though....imagine seeing that. I know it probably wasn't that much space to park the fdny trucks so they had to be lined up for BLOCKS. Wonder how many charged lines went up in there. anyway, do you think you guys can make enough units for a good five alarm fire without having all of the units say 10, 9, 6, 1 over and over since they're the same model if you get what I mean. maybe not in this version of course but in a later one.

Well I guess technically no charged lines were inside the towers because they never got to the fire floors. The only person that made it to the fire floor in the towers was Battalion Chief Orio Palmer who made it there only minutes before the catastrophic failure that occurred in the South Tower.

On another note...if you cant put out a fire in EM4 with 7 engines, 6 ladders, 3 battalions, a rescue, squad, and satellite then you probably shouldn't be playing EM4. That would have to be one HUGE fire.