Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

You scrolled all the way down lol. Its more towards the middle. Truck says satellite on it.

Yea I saw the truck that you are mentioning... I would term it more of a Utility truck then I would a satellite truck.

It is the truck with all the Extra Foam containers right?

The sea grave truck is gonna look sweet man!!!

Here's my $.02. Since this is a submod, I say change the models to Seagrave FDNY models for the core units (Engines, straight truck, tiller truck, tower ladder). Throw in the E-One Heavy Rescue, Hazmat unit, satellite, and the new fireboat amd maybe a squad company. Do the same for the appropriate NYPD and EMS units, tweak the maps and sounds a bit and release the mod. That's all I ever wanted out of an NY submod. The LA mod rules because of the realistic units. You are trying to do the same thing for your submod, and I dig that. Let the NY mod be what it's gonna be, and do your thing. I would be happy with an LA mod map, with well done FDNY units. Number them for Queens and remove the palm trees, and we would never know the difference.

Let's face it. The NY Mod is shaping up to be the cream of the crop for new mods. It looks great, they are adding new things. We are all very excited to play this mod. Why compete with that? I'll take a nice taste with the submod, and then if you want to take what you've learned and do a Boston mod, or Detroit, or some other city that we would all love to play, that would be awesome. If a kick ass Boston Mod came out, you guys would be Gods! Especially if you teamed up with some of the other modders to really maximize the gameplay.

We are not trying to rush you. And since I have no skills, I am just appreciative of your efforts. I'm Jonesing for some East Coast firefighting action, that's all.

I dont think that were going to replace all the vehicles from the la mod yet ;) maybe in future releases. But this mod is determined to become a competitive mod against the NY mod so i wouldn't be saying that its the cream of the crop yet.

Guest djbacon93

Here's my $.02. Since this is a submod, I say change the models to Seagrave FDNY models for the core units (Engines, straight truck, tiller truck, tower ladder). Throw in the E-One Heavy Rescue, Hazmat unit, satellite, and the new fireboat amd maybe a squad company. Do the same for the appropriate NYPD and EMS units, tweak the maps and sounds a bit and release the mod. That's all I ever wanted out of an NY submod. The LA mod rules because of the realistic units. You are trying to do the same thing for your submod, and I dig that. Let the NY mod be what it's gonna be, and do your thing. I would be happy with an LA mod map, with well done FDNY units. Number them for Queens and remove the palm trees, and we would never know the difference.

Let's face it. The NY Mod is shaping up to be the cream of the crop for new mods. It looks great, they are adding new things. We are all very excited to play this mod. Why compete with that? I'll take a nice taste with the submod, and then if you want to take what you've learned and do a Boston mod, or Detroit, or some other city that we would all love to play, that would be awesome. If a kick ass Boston Mod came out, you guys would be Gods! Especially if you teamed up with some of the other modders to really maximize the gameplay.

We are not trying to rush you. And since I have no skills, I am just appreciative of your efforts. I'm Jonesing for some East Coast firefighting action, that's all.

You put a little bit more then 2 cents into that reply. And how do we know the NY MOD is ever going to be anything?, they havent even made a pre-release or anything, and how long has it been? Dyson's already made a release, showing us he's forreal. :P.

I think its awesome to have some competiting mods. Drives the mod creators to do the B.B.T (Bigger Better Thing)

You put a little bit more then 2 cents into that reply. And how do we know the NY MOD is ever going to be anything?, they havent even made a pre-release or anything, and how long has it been? Dyson's already made a release, showing us he's forreal. :P.

I think its awesome to have some competiting mods. Drives the mod creators to do the B.B.T (Bigger Better Thing)

I'm certainly not knocking Dyson or his team. I'm not jocking the NY Mod guys either. I am saying that based upon what I see on their page, and some of the features that they are talking about implementing, that their mod IMHO seems to be the leading NY Mod. Can this change? Yes. Is Dyson and his team doing great work? Yes. I think to get the full appreciation from this fanbase, a different city would be optimal. You can do bigger and better things with Boston, Chicago, DC, Philly. Can they do NYC? Sure. But IMHO it would take a whole lot to compete with the NY Mod, which means time. The very nature of this forum says not to ask for release dates. That's good and bad. Who knows when any of this stuff is going to be released? If we knew that both of these mods would be out in a month, which one would you play? Would you feel the same way about waiting for another year? The whole idea of the submod was to tide us over until the NY mod is done. Whenever that is. Now it seems like this mod is changing from a quick taste submod, to a full blown NY mod. I'm very cool with that, but I think that I speak for a lot of people when I say that I will take FDNY vehicles, and a few changes in two weeks or so, versus another year of waiting.

I'm certainly not knocking Dyson or his team. I'm not jocking the NY Mod guys either. I am saying that based upon what I see on their page, and some of the features that they are talking about implementing, that their mod IMHO seems to be the leading NY Mod. Can this change? Yes. Is Dyson and his team doing great work? Yes. I think to get the full appreciation from this fanbase, a different city would be optimal. You can do bigger and better things with Boston, Chicago, DC, Philly. Can they do NYC? Sure. But IMHO it would take a whole lot to compete with the NY Mod, which means time. The very nature of this forum says not to ask for release dates. That's good and bad. Who knows when any of this stuff is going to be released? If we knew that both of these mods would be out in a month, which one would you play? Would you feel the same way about waiting for another year? The whole idea of the submod was to tide us over until the NY mod is done. Whenever that is. Now it seems like this mod is changing from a quick taste submod, to a full blown NY mod. I'm very cool with that, but I think that I speak for a lot of people when I say that I will take FDNY vehicles, and a few changes in two weeks or so, versus another year of waiting.

You can pick and choose which you want to play. For me, if I played the NY map over and over and over again, it would get old fast so it would be cool to go to a different map with FDNY units on a modified LA Map. Dyson isn't competing, this submod was made for people to have some FDNY / NYPD units on the LA Mod to hold people off until the NY Mod is released. As you can tell, NY mod hasn't been released yet so Dyson wants to take it a bit farther and improved the submod a little more because as you said, it could be 3 more months until NY mod is released compared to Dyson releasing his in a little under a month. No one on these forums is competing who's mod is better etc, some people just think one is better than the other which is fine, let the fans of each mod decide what they want to play instead of causing problems to the other teams on their success. People put in a lot of time and work to make these mods and submods so have some respect. You work small and then work big and that's how Dyson is working. There were other mods in progression such as Chicago and DC but who knows what happened to them and there is a Boston reskin out there. If you want my input on cities, you can PM me because there is reasons why people choose where they are going to make their mod. This topic is not going to be a repeat of the NY Mod and getting locked out because members can't keep the peace. Let's not cause spam on this topic, if you have a problem with me, any other members, you can PM me or them and we can solve it there instead of in this topic. If moderators come on this topic, they are going to be very upset and start warning people including me and that is why we need to work things out in PM's and NOT on the topics.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic: Dyson, your doing a great job and who cares what people think or say but there are some people out there you can't please and they think that they can come in and spam. So keep doing what your doing and there are several of us out there that are interested in you and your team's work. :12:

EDIT: Negative statements fixed, was a bit harsh.

Edited by jsutton

From what I read, he's not saying anything too mean. (or at all for that matter). To modelers- I absolutely love what you guys have done to the models! They're great and are getting better with every screenshot. Thank you for all you do here.

To answer all of you questions :)

Yes this submod started as an appetizer, then I added to it, still nothing from the NY mod (which I love btw) so I thought why not work some more, we're just about to break through the FDNY barrier. The reason its taking so long, is the FDNY trucks are very unique so I wanted to reflect that. As for taking a while, I've not just suddenly decided to add loads more, I just haven't finished what I started yet ;)

Thanks for all the support, screens to follow,

Dyson

P.S work will begin on the tower ladder soon ;)

To answer all of you questions :)

Yes this submod started as an appetizer, then I added to it, still nothing from the NY mod (which I love btw) so I thought why not work some more, we're just about to break through the FDNY barrier. The reason its taking so long, is the FDNY trucks are very unique so I wanted to reflect that. As for taking a while, I've not just suddenly decided to add loads more, I just haven't finished what I started yet ;)

Thanks for all the support, screens to follow,

Dyson

P.S work will begin on the tower ladder soon ;)

Yes i knew it had to be made sooner or later

sry if im just blind are you guys also making a new map or edit the the la map big time?

Well, I'm looking for a full time editor but for now there will be a few maps to choose from (patches) one will be LA edited, one will be w00ds edited and the final one will hopefully be from scratch :)

Guest djbacon93

Well, I'm looking for a full time editor but for now there will be a few maps to choose from (patches) one will be LA edited, one will be w00ds edited and the final one will hopefully be from scratch :)

or just download every single one and play a different one when your bored.

That leads me to a question Dyson

I wanna be able to have the LA mod

AND the NY SUBMOD as Seperate mods

But I cant rename them in the MODS section of the game

they all Show up as LA mod no matter what I have the folder in the MODS folder named. I wanna be able to distinguish WHICH mod to click in the game

instead of guessing which one is the regular LA MOD.

Etc

what file can I edit to change the name of it in the MODS section of the game?

or just download every single one and play a different one when your bored.

That leads me to a question Dyson

I wanna be able to have the LA mod

AND the NY SUBMOD as Seperate mods

But I cant rename them in the MODS section of the game

they all Show up as LA mod no matter what I have the folder in the MODS folder named. I wanna be able to distinguish WHICH mod to click in the game

instead of guessing which one is the regular LA MOD.

Etc

what file can I edit to change the name of it in the MODS section of the game?

You have to 'create a new mod' in the editor, its pretty complex, but the next version should be done like that :)

yeh you do, but replace it with the one you create in the editor ;)

Replace with what in the editor?

I just make a copy of LA Mod 2.0 and paste it in the mod folders and rename it to like Los Angeles Mod 2.0 - Xplorer 4x4 or Los Angeles Mod 2.0 - NY Submod. After doing that, I open up the mod folder, open e4mod.info in notepad and change it to *See Below* for the NY Submod.

<e4mod>
<mod name=" LA Mod 2.0 with NY SubMod" author="Hoppah,Dyson"/>
</e4mod>

Replace with what in the editor?

I just make a copy of LA Mod 2.0 and paste it in the mod folders and rename it to like Los Angeles Mod 2.0 - Xplorer 4x4 or Los Angeles Mod 2.0 - NY Submod. After doing that, I open up the mod folder, open e4mod.info in notepad and change it to *See Below* for the NY Submod.

<spoiler><code><e4mod>

<mod name=" LA Mod 2.0 with NY SubMod" author="Hoppah,Dyson"/>

</e4mod></code></spoiler>

umm shouldn't work, does it? haha xD

Guest djbacon93

Yeah, all I did was take it out of my MODS folder. put it on the desktop

THEN i went into the folder, Changed the line in the E4mod folder

dragged it back to the mod folder, then opened mod installer, and the file name is what I named it

"LA MOD NY SUB"..

Sorry I took your thread a little off track Dyson.

My B. <3