Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

any updates on the submod as of 11/16/10

Nope. CFD has pretty much ignored my requests for lights but wants me to join some modding group but doesn;t bother to talk to me about the group. Conroy is to busy for lights. Helljumper was really close to being done with Quint 9, but that was months ago and havent gotten an update since. He may have been deployed over night again. Who knows. Kookas keeps promising to send me a model he did, and never does. He also said he was going to continue working on the models i need, but no updates from him either. The project is more or less dead atm. With out a seriously good lighter and modeler, theres nothing more I can do.

My work on the project is about 90-95% done.

Over all the project is about 80% done.

The remaining 20% breaks down to about 10% models and 10% lights.

Nope. CFD has pretty much ignored my requests for lights but wants me to join some modding group but doesn;t bother to talk to me about the group. Conroy is to busy for lights. Helljumper was really close to being done with Quint 9, but that was months ago and havent gotten an update since. He may have been deployed over night again. Who knows. Kookas keeps promising to send me a model he did, and never does. He also said he was going to continue working on the models i need, but no updates from him either. The project is more or less dead atm. With out a seriously good lighter and modeler, theres nothing more I can do.

I'm not asking for you to release it early or anything, just wanted to ask these couple questions. Couldn't you release the map since the only thing your waiting for is models and lights or are these needed for the submod to be functional? I mean, if you done all this work from the LA mod, then you could use the old LA lights and models temporarily until people decide to help you out right?

I still have a couple of problems with the traffic on this map. :/ I guess I should send you a PM 4x4, but there are certain areas where the traffic can get jammed and it messes up the whole map almost to a level where it's unplayable. Then there is also a huge area (front of that house that gets riots) where it gets no traffic and looks VERY bare.

I still have a couple of problems with the traffic on this map. :/ I guess I should send you a PM 4x4, but there are certain areas where the traffic can get jammed and it messes up the whole map almost to a level where it's unplayable. Then there is also a huge area (front of that house that gets riots) where it gets no traffic and looks VERY bare.

Xplorer4x4 is not in charge of the older versions of w00d's maps and he strictly asks that if you need help on anything to post in the forums not in PM's. I don't think anyone is in charge of it anymore as w00d's been busy with his new house and all. If I remember right, I thought someone made a fix on that in the older versions somewhere so you'll have to dig through the topics to find it. If not, hopefully someone can assist you on fixing them.

Xplorer4x4 is not in charge of the older versions of w00d's maps and he strictly asks that if you need help on anything to post in the forums not in PM's. I don't think anyone is in charge of it anymore as w00d's been busy with his new house and all. If I remember right, I thought someone made a fix on that in the older versions somewhere so you'll have to dig through the topics to find it. If not, hopefully someone can assist you on fixing them.

Moo is one of the beta testers for this project so he is in the right place, and one of the few people I dont mind PMs from. Actually I dont even mind PMs in general I just dont want every n00b that joins up to spam my inbox for help when there question can be answered by either searching on the forums, or starting a thread and get a quicker response by getting help from some one online rather then waiting for me. This way I dont get spammed to death like Hoppah and they get answers to there questions promptly since not every one has the patience to sit by and wait for a response.

Just keep a note of it for latter. Im not putting any more work in to this project because there is no point in adding things if I dont have a team to finish the other aspects of the project.

Thats ashame i really been looking for to this

would you consider releasing it to the community so it can be worked on by every 1? just an idea,

Cheers

Normally it's best to have a somewhat finished project before you release it to the public to play in cases like these. He may have a change of heart, but I some how doubt he'll release it just yet.

Hey xplorer do you still want the edited models?

USman

Sorry meant to write you back, sure send them my way and I will take a llok.

An idea:

At Fire station 2 I know how there is not much space but at this shot http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9472/em4deluxe20100629075933.jpg

you could parralel park directly across from the bay doors, and conserve what little space you have in the back parking lot.

Well, I am not sure which area your talking about, but lets just say this station has received almost a complete make over. For example the BLA RA has been replaced with an ALS RA and know parks in the rear of the station, atleast as it stands. It seems there are atleast a few stations forced to store there rigs out doors as they simply do not have room in there garages.

4X4 and others,

I don't want to get off topic, but while this project is waiting, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to do this ourselves minus the scripting, like the map editing. I have taken hours in the forums, and i haven't been able to find a step by step aproach on

(a) adding virtual objects to add more parking spaces inside station parking lots for specific vehicles (like adding some in the police station parking lot & adding FBI vehicles in one spot, ATF in another etc...

(b) being able to have a "return to" that spot ...

thanks in advance, pm me if anyone knows anything about this, just putting it out there.

corey

I don't want to get off topic

Then why post it here burried in a thread rather then starting a topic where it will get more exposure? No there really is not a step by step guide. You just have to look at the examples on the forums, and simply learn how to it by trial and error. Trial and error is a big part of scripting no matter how good you are.

hey Xplorer4x4,

i have a suggestion for the new map. if u were to put the hes and lev in the back of st1 i think tht would be good becuz i respond a smaller rescue uni on car accidents and the swr doesnt have tht. again at st2 either the lev or hes would be good. then at the airport station a green hes or lev would be awesome. im just a fan of smaller units and use them quite often.

I have the station lay outs set in stone aright now, but I am not going to reveal them at this time. Let's just say it will offer some variety. ;) They are not 100% realistic but I have aimed to keep them more realistic then the original 4x4 submod did.

However, I do have some updates! I talked to Kookas and he is back on board modeling! So hopefully we can have soemthing to show you in the coming week or two. Still no word from helljumper on Quint9. :(

In the mean time I have updated the lights for the ALS and BLS Fire Engines to the latest version from LEDesigns. However, I have also backed up the existing prototypes as well and simply changed there file extension to .bak. This way you,the user, will have ATLEAST 2 options for lights on these rigs. I hope to see more lights released and if I decide to upgrade any other units, I will continue the trend of keeping a back up prototype handy so you, the user, will have atleast some choice in lights. Now I expect some people will like one set or the other,some won't like either, but atleast you will have a choice for SOME units.

I have also taken time to update the skins for the ALS and BLS engines as there were some errors. For example the front license plate said Engine 77 or Engine 288. This was updated to say E7 and E288 since they dont actually say Engine on the front plate IRL. Also moved the side number of the ring to the back end on the side rather then being up by the pump panel as this was incorrect to. Also on the back the trucks currently say 7 or 288 when it should say E7 or E288. I am undecided if I will take the time to update the back of the trucks only because the numbers are so well hidden there almost impossible to see in game anyways unless you use a camera hack, and even then you have to get the right angle. I will be updating the tiller skin slightly to I believe. I have also updated the skins of the Rescue Ambulances such as putting there unit number on the hood, and changing the color of the hi-viz(red/yellow stripping on the back) as needed.

I have also started porting the current project over to w00ds Map v2. Thats still awhile off but just getting this project going. It will have a some what different station set up then both the 4x4 submod and this project.

Before I close out this post, I would like to thank Billyfromhill very quickly for assisting me in research. Also to USMan, MT275, and griffy who have volunteered to help the project get going again in various aspects of modding.

quick question, do you have a working script for the police station parking?

Yes but it hasnt changed any from the other submod, and the only thing I recall changing from the original LA Mod in there might be the section that tells the 4th and 5th unit to go to the police station, and I cant recall if that changed. The SWAT,Bomb Squad and so forth utilize diffrent scripts.

E7 has became E88 for the sake of realism:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3640/em4deluxe20101222012530.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3604/em4deluxe20101222012542.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2534/em4deluxe20101222014552.jpg

I updated a few things here: Added E88 under the front window, added E88 on the equipment doors on the sides. I also touched up the LA Fire Dept text on the rear cab doors and the class 1 text to have a black stroke around the font just as it does in real life. Also notice the edits to the equipment doors. The 2003 Pierces used roll up equipment doors which wasnt really detailed in to the skin. I removed the Paramedic markings from the door to match up with the real life rig. With it's flat roof its easy to tell it is a Paramedic Assessment Engine while E288 is a BLS Engine. Now nether of these engines will be at FS2, nor will the E17 reskin I did be included at FS2. I wont recal the station number for FS2, but there will be a PAE,1 BLS Engine, 1 Truck(If Quint 9 is done at the time of release it will go in there, otherwise a tiller or the tower ladder will go in the last bay.), 1 ALS Rescue, and possibly a Battalion Chief. I may move the BC to FS1 in place of the District chief unless I come up with some good commands for the Division Chief.

For comparison here is a pic of the real 88:

20091121-LAFD-E88-007

E228

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/38/em4deluxe20101222012629.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4539/em4deluxe20101222012642.jpg

I still need to update the door text here, but I moved the 288 text to the equipment doors towards the back of the truck.

Heres a great pic of E228 for comparison:

http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Fire-EMS/LA/LAFD/FireStations/FS88/E288/LAFD-Jumper-Ventura-020.jpg.html