jab16

NY Time Square Closed

Im learning of a possible bomb threat in NY time square via the news. Apparently a black nissan was parked illeagly. After smelling smoke a citizen allerted a mounted officer, who approached the vehicle and found a small fire. The FDNY and NYPD were contacted. Upon a search of the vehicle, un confirmed reports sugest two gas cans, possible 3 propane tanks, black powder, and a possible timing device. As far as I know time square and blocks around it have been closed. I will try to keep you all informed.

Check you national news contributers for more info.

Guest dionissimus

http://blog.newsweek...bomb-scare.aspx

Sunday, May 02, 2010 1:30 AM

The potentially explosive materials were successfully removed without an explosion. NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said that sports utility vehicle contained “explosive elements” that included “propane tanks, some kind of powder, gasoline and a timing device.

Weird case. In this country, car bombs first explode, then smoke for half an hour... not the other way around.

Guest dionissimus

No comments on the... well... strangeness and dilettantism (amateurism) of this "attack". Mind ya all, I am not a conspiracy theories fan at all. Yet, this case struck me as the most ridiculous I've heard in many years, save for a few rather pathetic suicidal attacks (see my location). I am not going to propose that this was a set-up, but I do have some good news for you Americans... If your terrorists are attempting things like this, there isn't that much danger to you... Regret it or not : P

God I hate conspiracy theroies, heard this one about the plane crash on the HUdson, that the government had a ROBOT BIRD THAT THEY INTENTONALY FLEW INTO THE ENGINE and of course the plane was landed automaticcaly too, just to support John McCain. WTF SERIOUSLY????? Lol, sometimes I miss New York and sometimes I don't.

God I hate conspiracy theroies, heard this one about the plane crash on the HUdson, that the government had a ROBOT BIRD THAT THEY INTENTONALY FLEW INTO THE ENGINE and of course the plane was landed automaticcaly too, just to support John McCain. WTF SERIOUSLY????? Lol, sometimes I miss New York and sometimes I don't.

Nah lol. Reason it crashed: it was an Airbus.

I understand the extra security at the airport, in the london bombings, after the attempts, the bombers loaded a vehicle full of there left over explosives and drove it into the airport.

I would rather this thread stay on the topic... Not that I have any right to demand it, but still, this was a serious case.

Actually I'd agree with you, your bio says being a good father, and honestly I think I should trust you because I'd think you know what's best. Now I digress.

Well there's also a probobility that there are MORE of them out there in a major metropolitan area, and this was a major attack again.

Guest dionissimus

Well there's also a probability that there are MORE of them out there in a major metropolitan area, and this was a major attack again.

Yes, this can really be the case, even though I doubt it.

in the london bombings, after the attempts, the bombers loaded a vehicle full of there left over explosives and drove it into the airport.

774635219_10297827d1_o.jpg

:P

Anyway, the attempted attack is pretty bad. Glad it didn't go off.

I wonder if it was domestic terrorism. Apparently, a Pakistani-based militant group is claiming responsibility, but no one is sure yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8657161.stm

Has any amateur footage from Times Square emerged yet?

i got a call from a friend in america, he said and it was also on the BBC News that there was 2 timing devices, and does anyone know what the threat level in NY is, just want to know, not that im planning a bomb :P

And that black powder was gunpowder :P, very nasty, also Pakistaini Taliban have a claimed Responsibility for the attemted attack :(

^

^

if that guy torn a tendon in his foot when he kicked the guy, that guy most probbbaly has had to have a sex change, lol :)

Well at least it didn't explode and there wasn't say, weed killer, fertalizer, rat poison in it, then it would have changed things. From what I can collect I'm thinking the timer had a fault in it and set something on fire that shouldn't have been on fire.

I'd agree, just something to create a bunch of smoke and fire to "scare us" doesn't seem like something that is a big plot. That stuff happens constantly, more often that most people think. But this IS a major city that has had so much happen in terms of terrorisim, *Looks back to the guys with missile launchers*