Steve Winters

Vancouver Modification (In Progress)

I can't just "add" posts in for you, if you looked at the original post dates on Tut's posts you will see they are added over the course of several weeks... I just removed all the posts in between of them and bunched them together... The ny mod was an easy case as there was only one "lead" modder who took care of most of their updates, so it made it really easy to push his posts together, having more than one "lead" modder makes that a really difficult thing to do as the split on posts would in no way be guarenteed to be what you want them to be.

Guest ak40sevens

We actually have ERT (Emergency Response Team) actually, not SWAT. Goes for the RCMP, VPD, and West Van Police.

The RCMP doesn't exactly have a unit called the Mounties. It's just a nickname for the force and the constables.

I hope I'm not coming off as mean or anything. It's really great to see this mod in the works. I live in the Lower Mainland so I can contribute to research and stuff like that.

What, I actually mean for the Mountie unit was, we do have people that do wear the Red Uniforms. As for ERT Unit your absently right, I totally forgot. Thank you actually. I would have named the Unit wrong in game.

And Mikey, as long as one of us gets the place holder it's fine. Can you just take my post up top where, I requested the holder post?

Hope, I was clear. :) I couldn't even understand what, I said.

The airhorn button, I don't really see the point of it, sorry. What you might be able to do, however, is make the truck automatically play the airhorn when there's something blocking its path to a given destination.

Guest ak40sevens

The airhorn button, I don't really see the point of it, sorry. What you might be able to do, however, is make the truck automatically play the airhorn when there's something blocking its path to a given destination.

Yea, or while going through a intersection? Anyways, I'l find ways to it. Some people like manual airhorn. I wish, I could make a manual EQ2B E-Wail controller, that would have been nice.

Guest emergency captain

I like the air horn idea. With that, will there be no horns in the sirens then? Anyway, can't wait till the mod is out. It'll be awesome!! :cheers: Keep working! :schreiben:

I had always thought about that! It would be like a picture of the Q Siren pedal and you click on it. Then the siren would go on like manual electric sirens. This is going to be a great mod. English, right? You said on the previous page that there will be mounted Police? That's awesome. I gave the idea to Hoppah in the Los Angeles Modification. You will have to make a script for the horse though right?

That's what we have planned. :) something new you see. I think we tried to do a Q Siren manual button but it wasn't possible, however, I don't think a manual air horn has ever been done yet so it will be something to look toward to.

Ak said no, however, I'll convince him. I have an idea of the use of them. I'll talk to him later on. Yes, it would have to a new script to make that.

Oh yes. Absolutely in English. Wouldn't make sense having a Canadian Mod in German.

Everything will be English.

Guest ak40sevens

Update - Piercer and Airhorn will be added in as manual sirens.

Yea, I want to add a manual EQ2B (Q Siren) Button but it's very difficult. You will have to have the exact right sounds. The thing with the Q is when pushed it's basically a sound raising it's pitch to the highest point possible until lettin go when it drops. Now, the problem with that is, I can't get the right sounds for it to do that.

But, I'l try my best. If, I can get it to work. I'l either put a EQ2B which is what our departments use, or a Federal Sig PA300 (FDNY Sirens) Because they are hot..

And bout the mounted part... You see, I don't really find a point in that. I don't want to see a horse running down the road the a disturbance call, if you know what I mean.

were adding a pier now too? That's going to be a nice addition.

That's what I mean. Difficult.

What do you mean by the "right" sounds?

Well, we could give it a shot. We've got all the time we need. Why not?

A manual PA300 isn't a part of Vancouver... But yes, they are hot indeed. We'll see.

I actually laughed at that. How would you see a horse running down the street to a disturbance call when it's not on your computer? Lol. Wait.. Youtube... But anyway. Who cares if you see a horse running down the street. If it makes the game fun and enjoyable there's nothing to waste. It will be something COMPLETELY new to the game. I have a use for them though. I'm not saying it here though. It's a good idea.

Instead of having a Manual Q that Pitches up and down, w/e you click on the Button, We can add the Audio Wav. of a Q going through its moment although its going to be a audio file, not Manually controlled, I have the right file to mimic "manual" Its your choice.

Guest ak40sevens

Well that would be like a normal siren, I kinda wanted Eq2B and a FS wail in the normal siren, but... If, I make a one, where Q drops from a mid range pitch it would be perfect. Il make the sound today and show what I mean.

But, I might just add a button that just cycled through the Q lke CFD said.