FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

yeah hey moon your not new or anything but it sounds like your giving suggestions and i dont think this topic says its open to suggestions

dont worry... we dont include any ideas of others regardless of whether they say "they could" or "they have to"... we follow our own ideas because this mod is the product of us, so just we decide what is in and what not ;)

yeah I wasn't telling them to do anything I was explaing how other people have done some of the stuff they asked about and making it known that is is possible to do If that is what they choose to do...

we dont follow other people, we do the stuff by ourselves... and i think when somebody knows what is possible or impossible with this stupid game then we are it just based on lot of experience ;)

ha ha and considering you guys have made many milestones for this game, I would say you know what you are doing. I have a feeling people will try to make alot of submods off your mod. People just need to chill and stop getting worked up over the small things. Crack open a beer and relax everyone :drink:

dont worry... we dont include any ideas of others regardless of whether they say "they could" or "they have to"... we follow our own ideas because this mod is the product of us, so just we decide what is in and what not ;)

we dont follow other people, we do the stuff by ourselves... and i think when somebody knows what is possible or impossible with this stupid game then we are it just based on lot of experience ;)

Hey FFW TUT, I was wondering how the media package is coming along? Anything new to share?

maby a stuped question, but when is the releas date of mod NY

Edited by Stan
Maybe another stupid question: You didn't read the TOS did you?

the high rise pack is a regular hose its just bundled up so FF's can carry them up into buildings and attach them to a standpipe located in the building

I think he meant in the game, because the hoses in the game are on those real packs like they use in Europe rather than just carrying them in a Hose Bed like they do here in the U.S.

Guest oaklandFD213

I seriously cannot wait for the release of this mod. The LA Mod is great and a lot of fun to play but this looks like it will blow the LA mod out of the water! And because i live right near NYC this will be much better than LA. I cant wait to use the best ladder truck out there, the famed Baker Aerialscope and the FDNY custom modified PA300 sirens

I seriously cannot wait for the release of this mod. The LA Mod is great and a lot of fun to play but this looks like it will blow the LA mod out of the water! And because i live right near NYC this will be much better than LA. I cant wait to use the best ladder truck out there, the famed Baker Aerialscope and the FDNY custom modified PA300 sirens

I do think the same! i will run over la mod like a train over a human ^^

I am excited for the new scripts. the pump system looks amazing! I am tired of responding to a large fire and the only real way to put it out is too spam the crap out of it with engines and personnel.

To play devil's advocate, police can provide first aid in real life yes, however they need two things to be able to do it right and safely. First aid equipment and protection, since I'm not putting my hands (that will more than likely have a cut somewhere) in some bum's blood as who knows what disease I could get especially if I know an ambulance in two minutes out, and they will be able to survive those two minutes. Plus first aid can help a little bit, but if you were shot, the most it can do is stabilize you while it's being done, or lower the rate of which your life is decreasing.

Let's say you stopped a passing cop car past a stroke victim, since that's a regular call in my freeplay anyways.

You'd have them get out, and make sure they can breath and possibly do CPR if needed...

Or say someone was just stabbed in an attempted murder. The cop can apply pressure to the wound, limiting the decay of life to half of it's original rate until the ambulance arrives, given the cop doesn't leave the victim.

Realisitcally, it wouldn't do much in this game, since the way medical calls are set up are not very in depth. In real life, yeah it's very useful, but inthis game, it's just not as useful as it could be in my opinion.

I have to agree with Newfoundking on this one. My Ambulance Corps does the training for the local police department, and all they are taught to do is CPR (with a BVM, etc.), put a patient on 15 liters per minute of oxygen if the patient's having trouble breathing, and putting pressure on life threatening bleeds. So in reality, they don't do anything at most medical calls except make sure the scene is and stays safe for us and help us lift if needed. So in reality it depends on what your department provides you with and since NYC has the largest pre-hospital medical system in the world and all most all FDNY engines are CFR engines, there's really no point for the NYPD officers to receive medical training beyond CPR and they really don't.

Guest oaklandFD213

To play devil's advocate, police can provide first aid in real life yes, however they need two things to be able to do it right and safely. First aid equipment and protection, since I'm not putting my hands (that will more than likely have a cut somewhere) in some bum's blood as who knows what disease I could get especially if I know an ambulance in two minutes out, and they will be able to survive those two minutes. Plus first aid can help a little bit, but if you were shot, the most it can do is stabilize you while it's being done, or lower the rate of which your life is decreasing.

Let's say you stopped a passing cop car past a stroke victim, since that's a regular call in my freeplay anyways.

You'd have them get out, and make sure they can breath and possibly do CPR if needed...

Or say someone was just stabbed in an attempted murder. The cop can apply pressure to the wound, limiting the decay of life to half of it's original rate until the ambulance arrives, given the cop doesn't leave the victim.

Realisitcally, it wouldn't do much in this game, since the way medical calls are set up are not very in depth. In real life, yeah it's very useful, but inthis game, it's just not as useful as it could be in my opinion.

In my town in New Jersey, and the majority of Bergen County, it is standard procedure for dispatch to send two patrol units to a medical call before the First Aid units and paramedics are dispatched. All Oakland patrol cars contain a medic bag in the trunk and the majority of the cops are trained to help and many are EMTs. Im not sure about the rest of the country though, as this may just be a Bergen County thing. They actually send two patrol units to fire calls as well. Thats how i always try to get a head start on my response.. i keep my pager on the police band and when I hear something like "101 and 103" or whatever else unit is on patrol, i know that theres a decent chance we have a fire call :D

since NYC has the largest pre-hospital medical system in the world and all most all FDNY engines are CFR engines, there's really no point for the NYPD officers to receive medical training beyond CPR and they really don't.

no ALL FDNY figherfighters have to be CFR so all engines are CFR so yea its pretty much useless making cops CFR in this game as well

As far as I know, NYPD is not the first response unit always sent to medical emergencies and what not, or else I've been missing a lot, and I've now discovered why they're so big. I think that this team will follow as all others have and leave cops as cops and not medics. Plus if everyone does everythign, the game is too easy

ESU has many Detectives that are Trained EMT/Medics, however NO NYPD officers except ESU are authorized to treat above CFR as they operate under FDNY's EMS license, the ESU medics/EMTs are under FDNY EMS' medical director and REMSAC License. This comes from back when my uncle retired in 2003 for E7, but I believe it is the same.