FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

The tutorial isn't going to be impossibly hard is it?

Its a tutorial to educate you on how to play the mod...i would think not..

Would it be possible to see screen shots of how we will dispatch units? Will it tell us what equipment is on what vehicle? I hate the winterburg mod for this reason, aside from stability, because I never know which unit to send. Being US units here, I am sure some one from the US like me can figure things out a bit easier then in winterburg where I have no idea which fire trucks are which for the most part.

Its a tutorial to educate you on how to play the mod...i would think not..

Would it be possible to see screen shots of how we will dispatch units? Will it tell us what equipment is on what vehicle? I hate the winterburg mod for this reason, aside from stability, because I never know which unit to send. Being US units here, I am sure some one from the US like me can figure things out a bit easier then in winterburg where I have no idea which fire trucks are which for the most part.

You shouldnt need to know what equipment:

Fire-Engine / Ladder

MVA- Engine / Rescue / Squad

Medical- Engine / Ambulance

Technical Rescue- Ladder Rescue Squad

Other Engine or Ladder

Could a noon like me pass it?

Could a noob like me pass it?

The f*ck Could a mod please fix that last post I can't since I'm on ipod

Well this post I think it is

Im not a mod but I can tell you not to double post and that the moderator's aren't gonna go around fixing other peoples posts. They have more important business.

Back on topic: tutorials are made to be easy and explanatory not difficult and confusing.

You shouldnt need to know what equipment:

Fire-Engine / Ladder

MVA- Engine / Rescue / Squad

Medical- Engine / Ambulance

Technical Rescue- Ladder Rescue Squad

Other Engine or Ladder

But not all departments operate that way though, for instance, FDNY runs a truck and engine on each MVA, no squad or rescue, and for tech rescues, it depends on what type of rescue it is as to what company responds. That why we need a tutorial.

I think that it will probably be pretty self explanatory with the exception of technical rescues.

Engines: hoses and water.

Ladder Trucks: ladders, saws, extrication equipment.

Squads: Capable of operating as an engine, truck, or light rescue co. Also have Hazmat capability.

Rescue Co: have just about every tool out there, but no water.

Hazmat: hazmat suits, meters, decon, etc.

There are going to be 12 tutorial stages. They are doing this so that we have a chance to familiarize ourselves with the various companies and how they work. Let's face it. There is going to be reudundancy. Squad 18 or 10 Truck can cut up a car just as easily as Rescue 1 can. If they are closer, then they get the job.

What I am looking forward to seeing is whether I will need all of the manpower and apparatus that FDNY gets on a 10-75 (working fire). Will I be calling for a second often? Will I be using the special companies on the fireground? A second alarm fire seems like a huge amount of firefighters and apparatus for one player to manage. Will I be using all 6 members of my Rescue or Squad companies? Will there be lots of rescues to be made? Hopefully, we'll be getting these answers sooner than later.

If my interpretation of the mod is right, the tutorial will teach you how to use the many new functions.. Think winterberg sort of. Totally new game, just same idea as before.. Well this will probably be a totally differnet game, just different from winterberg as well. And if they are using department policy and that, then the tutorial may also include what to do with that, because my fire department does something totally differnet from the one less than 20 minutes from my house. Two different fire departments, two different protocols. I dial 911, i could get either, depends who is less busy, yet I'd probably get totally different sets of help.

IE two typical responses

Station 3 would respond a pumper and an ambulance if I got trapped under my car.

The station up the road, for the same call would dispatch their LEV, and Rescue truck.

Each department is differnet, from the way they pack their tools, what has what, who goes to what, and how they call what what. So if this is realistic, then you may need a breif tutorial on how to do it. I don't see it as confusing as real life, but it'll be probably more difficult than the more popular mods, like LA mod, where everything does everything, so really you could get away with 0 knowledge

I think that it will probably be pretty self explanatory with the exception of technical rescues.

Engines: hoses and water.

Ladder Trucks: ladders, saws, extrication equipment.

Squads: Capable of operating as an engine, truck, or light rescue co. Also have Hazmat capability.

Rescue Co: have just about every tool out there, but no water.

Hazmat: hazmat suits, meters, decon, etc.

There are going to be 12 tutorial stages. They are doing this so that we have a chance to familiarize ourselves with the various companies and how they work. Let's face it. There is going to be reudundancy. Squad 18 or 10 Truck can cut up a car just as easily as Rescue 1 can. If they are closer, then they get the job.

What I am looking forward to seeing is whether I will need all of the manpower and apparatus that FDNY gets on a 10-75 (working fire). Will I be calling for a second often? Will I be using the special companies on the fireground? A second alarm fire seems like a huge amount of firefighters and apparatus for one player to manage. Will I be using all 6 members of my Rescue or Squad companies? Will there be lots of rescues to be made? Hopefully, we'll be getting these answers sooner than later.

I think they will tell you all of that in the tutorial or here. Also, it won't be that easy to learn I'm sure since they took so long to make it putting a bunch of their time in it.

So it wont be that difficult to learn

Yes, that's what he said.

Each Rescue Co carries an inflatable boat and the members are trained as divers.

Boats don't come with water.. Mine didn't even come with a captain.

True, but the rig itself carries no water.

Yours didn't either?

True, but rigs like rescue 1 are not for suppression so they do not require water on board ("the big roolin tool box")

In Lehman, we do the same thing as rescue 1 just a different rig.

With lights, you forgot that part...

SO we've established Rescue Co 1 has everything tool wise... Right? I think we're done with that debate then.. Right?

/end douchebag moment

Yes, that's what he said.

Boats don't come with water.. Mine didn't even come with a captain.

Yours didn't either?

With lights, you forgot that part...

SO we've established Rescue Co 1 has everything tool wise... Right? I think we're done with that debate then.. Right?

/end douchebag moment

:blah::sorrysign: Sorry dude but sounds like your an A-Hole