fdnyportu

New York 911 Modification : [Work in Progress]

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/11078-new-york-modification-in-progress/

Dyson created his mod to hold us over until ^^^ that mod is completed, and it's probably a safe bet to say it will be done end of this year, early next year. Now, not to take anything away from this mod but this mod was created on March 21, 2010 or at least that's when this topic was created, Dyson's was done on August 14th, 2010. Look where Dyson is, looks where they are. Now, obviously, you can make the argument Dyson's is only a sub mod, and this will be a full mod but what's the point? When the REAL New York mod comes out don't you think people will ignore or at least compare everything else created after / around it to it. I mean they've been working on it for 3 years give or take (I think, don't quote me lol). So yeah .. People will have two great NY mods, a complete full one, and an amazing sub mod. Which by the looks of it is only getting better and better. So, that brings me back to the original point. What's the point of putting time into a mod when another one is nearing completion.

EM 2012 is just a reskinned EM4, personally.

true and apparently they didnt start it 3 years ago they started it in march

I think people need to get off the off topic BS at this point, So what if there is more than one NY mod? These guys wanna do a NY mod, so be it let them, maybe they like NYC or maybe just maybe they picked it because it's one of the FEW places where u can find apparatus pictures relatively easilly... Have any of you looked up Greenville South Carolina or Beaufort North Carolina or York Pennsylvania... Good luck finding pictures of all the crap you need to make a mod for this game, unless you're LOCAL to the area you're SOL, even as a local it's pushing your luck you'll get enough to work with on most places... Just a fact of life on how it is. Add in the fact that each mod can go it's own way on how it CHOOSES to mod the game, two mods representing the same place can have two VERY different forms of gameplay behind the. Food for thought, now let it go.

I think people need to get off the off topic BS at this point, So what if there is more than one NY mod? These guys wanna do a NY mod, so be it let them, maybe they like NYC or maybe just maybe they picked it because it's one of the FEW places where u can find apparatus pictures relatively easilly... Have any of you looked up Greenville South Carolina or Beaufort North Carolina or York Pennsylvania... Good luck finding pictures of all the crap you need to make a mod for this game, unless you're LOCAL to the area you're SOL, even as a local it's pushing your luck you'll get enough to work with on most places... Just a fact of life on how it is. Add in the fact that each mod can go it's own way on how it CHOOSES to mod the game, two mods representing the same place can have two VERY different forms of gameplay behind the. Food for thought, now let it go.

If you dont mind me saying, yes it can have different styles, but I think what people are saying is they likley cant match the expectations people have for the NY Mod so why not focus on a different mod as the expectations wouldnt be as high. Otherwise people, I assume are just going to be disappointed in this mod. Maybe, maybe not.

As for pics, theres plenty of cities out there I am sure that you can find pics of the units. I imagine most major cities it wont be hard to find pics.

I personally have no interest in the mod at this point so it doesnt matter to me, just being fair in all. Dotn mean to take this OT just saying..

Hy. Thanks for your opinion. We are happy to see that somepeople continue to give us Moral help. The mod is good, is in the final line.

We go start a new mod in few weeks, a small mod to be release with the New York mod.

Is a small of the Firebrigade were i work, is a homage to my friends that die in fire this summer in Portugal.

Thanks and continue to give us moral...

:)

Woah man. just wondering why my skin is on that rescue truck? In post 1, thought this was supposed to be a stand alone mod?

Edit: And the ambulance skin? Maybe you should maybe talk to me before you use my skins in a separate mod?

Hy. sorry for the Skin of the truck, but i put the credit to you. and the skin of the ambulance is my skin. Can i use your skin truck?

Hy. sorry for the Skin of the truck, but i put the credit to you. and the skin of the ambulance is my skin. Can i use your skin truck?

fdnyportu, you need to ask authors for permission of their work before you put it in your mod, no matter how much credit you give them..

EDIT:

The wheels on the battalion chief looks ALOT like NNICO's crown vic ones.

Hy.

Is my work and of my team. and we have a lot of work, that i decide to keep in surprise some things.

I ask a last time if i can use the skin of your rescue? if not i put off the skin. and for the ambulance is my skin, if you don't believe is your problem. But thanks you. I have see your models in your submod, they are amazing, but i just used the rescue skin.

Kind regards

Fdnyportu :)

The ambulance has the EXACT same skin as Dysons..............

This is true, its exactly the same, em42010101820485205.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think its acceptable to share models WITH PERMISSION, but to completely rob my skins, call them your own, and then make a NY mod, is quite insulting, so no I wouldn't like you to use any part of my submod in this mod. You say if I don't believe you it's my problem? How about if you accept it was my skin I wont post this thread in my forum and see what people who have been following my mod think?

And haven't you got in trouble for stuff like this before?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/10406-portuguese-modification-in-progress/page__st__80

Ya, I've compared these for about 15 minutes side by side and they are identical. If you want to compare, talk to a mod and send them your dds files and they can compare side by side.

Ya, I've compared these for about 15 minutes side by side and they are identical. If you want to compare, talk to a mod and send them your dds files and they can compare side by side.

Thanks guys, but yeah FDNYPORTU please remove all of my skins from your mod, if you had asked I probably would have let you, but not telling me/claiming them as your own is just disrespectful!

WTF.gif

Guest Francis

Drop the discussion. The skin was made by Dyson, and therefore you will not use it. Same goes for the Rescue model. This is the last warning about such a thing, afterwhich you will never be able to release this modification and you (and your team) will face a ban.

Your warning will follow once I get home.

we will remove the rescue skin and ambulance skin, but we don't still anything. because we put the real author of the skin.

Edit: Ok Francis, is not the first time that you warning my team, but i promess in that time that we will be correctly, and we was, and we put the credits of the real authors and the merit go to him.

Edit: OfficerMax, the mod don't go to a black hole, we have done all in the rules (I think), we put the skin author, the file were we find the model. And we say the true.

But i understand Dyson, we are different peoples and we don't have same opinions, is the World, if the world not be that, wasn't the same thing. I don't want make enemies.

Kind regards

Amically

we will remove the rescue skin and ambulance skin, but we don't still anything. because we put the real author of the skin.

Edit: Ok Francis, is not the first time that you warning my team, but i promess in that time that we will be correctly, and we was, and we put the credits of the real authors and the merit go to him.

Edit: OfficerMax, the mod don't go to a black hole, we have done all in the rules (I think), we put the skin author, the file were we find the model. And we say the true.

But i understand Dyson, we are different peoples and we don't have same opinions, is the World, if the world not be that, wasn't the same thing. I don't want make enemies.

Kind regards

Kind regards

You have not been following all rules. Even if you give credit you NEED TO ASK THE AUTHOR first. Always do this just for safety.. It's stealing no matter if you write "Ambulance Skin by Dyson" all over your front page 1000 times, it doesn't matter, it's still stealing if you don't have his accept.

Guest Francis

You have not been following all rules. Even if you give credit you NEED TO ASK THE AUTHOR first. Always do this just for safety.. It's stealing no matter if you write "Ambulance Skin by Dyson" all over your front page 1000 times, it doesn't matter, it's still stealing if you don't have his accept.

He is right. What I said is you will NOT use this skin or the Rescue one or you'll simply be banned for stealing. I did not ask you to put credits or anything, just get them OFF. Simple.

The only thing I have an issue with is you say you 'found the model', I have 'found' models, in download sections, where people say hey use this in your mod if you want, not downloading a mod, similar to the one you wanna make, and then just using parts of it, where did you get all the other models from?

And FYI don't double post mellow.gif