soulbody

I Mark's Productions

patch is going to be released tomorrow, it only gives bugs fixes and no extra features. patch will be a single standing file so you need both files add this moment. tomorrow will everything be ready and maybe i will directly change the original file so you dont need to download both files if you havent download it yet.

i might have founded out the patch also brings compatibility with other maps and deluxe map, can somebody check this for me please?

Realism mod is hampered to win some time, i busy making a more easier modding system of my pc. unfortunatly this will takes a day or two but will increase work speed on the mod and other mods. but this means progress i now stopped for a few days

patch 1 is released, only bug now is deluxe compatibility. this will be done later. for now have fun while i am working on the realism submod

download link is placed in the first post

Realism Mod...

Now you are making me curious :schreiben::popcorn::sporty:

Soul, do you want me to test it? And report the bugs, if any, to you?

It not ready, if have to study for my exams for two weeks now (till 29 May, 2010) so i will take a bit longer but after that i can work on it very hard.

When everything is finished the bug search can start. If it can be start all testers will be PM'ed with a link for the Alpha/Beta Version of the submod.

Notice that it will by the harderned kind to search for. So i hope for a good bet on this so everything can be bug free before i get the permission.

The new system of my pc is also in work know (no details available) but i can work a lot faster now on the submod now.

So i think when my exams are ended i might take a week or three but i can't promise anything. who knows what bugs i will meet.

I already get problems with the ''Call Tow Truck'' command so i hope this can be fixed, i want to add a extra feature to the command.

News update

I made a new setup similiar to the setup of the los angeles mod himself, thanks to the preview script released by hoppah as a preview as the script was for los angeles mod v1.8 submod (link)

Thanks to this you don't need to check the installation directory know longer, also all versions can be put together.

I working on it to make it ready for release, i want to add previous versions (with also have permission) to be in there to, notice that those aren't patched and still contain bugs.

As soon as it ready i will release it, content isn't changed so permission is not required, permission only goes about the submod it self.

The installer is sadly enough base layout and no image from myself. if hoppah could help me before everything is ready i will provide some new pics on the sidebar.

Besides the installer i'm working a bit on the Realism mod but i got my self into a lot a trouble, the self made scripts are very much harder then editing even when you ''theft'' parts.

So i got sadly enough so good news but i think the realism mod have to wait a long time for release simple cause i don't have enough skills or help, and there are is no one who responded to my help request topic.

I hope this was enough news, i dont have anymore neither, till next news just wait for the new setup...

My exams has being finished and know waiting for the rash... (google translation NL: uitslag)

This means i'm now able to focus myself on this project, i'm already a week trying out some scripts.

Sadly enough most are without any part of succes... i still not able make scripts.

But i notice that my skills are growing i'm able to make some more parts then i could before i now some more code's

This will hopefully hold on saw i can do the last parts i need to know soon either

This means that not every feature planned for the Realism Mod will not be there in the first Release when it comes to it.

Those features will be added later.

Also some contacts have being given to me which can help me learning to script better. I will contact them soon and see where it comes.

Your Faithfully,

Soulbody - I Mark's Productions

Compatibility News

Since a few hours the new update is there, I don't know the changes yet (in files) so i advice everyone to just use my submod till i provide more information about the compatibility with Patch 2.

I can't play the mod. Installed map freeplay 1.3 Woods, I think this is the map? But still cant play.

using woods map will in first cause some problems with the back-up commands, the spawn object will not be on that map and you will get the default spawn at the police station, the army truck can not be able to move out of there.

For the problem of not being able to use my submod, just run the setup and check the installation directory, by the different versions (emergency 4, emergency 4 deluxe & 911 first responders) are all installation directory's different and i was not able to make the automaticly select the right installation directory. with the new setup will this by fixed even as compatibility with both versions of woods map...

BTW for people who think there will be a day there is support for the additional units submod (AUS Mod) from hoppah & co. :P you guys are wrong because every one is able to select and deselect units in mod and cannot give any support to it.

using woods map will in first cause some problems with the back-up commands, the spawn object will not be on that map and you will get the default spawn at the police station, the army truck can not be able to move out of there.

For the problem of not being able to use my submod, just run the setup and check the installation directory, by the different versions (emergency 4, emergency 4 deluxe & 911 first responders) are all installation directory's different and i was not able to make the automaticly select the right installation directory. with the new setup will this by fixed even as compatibility with both versions of woods map...

BTW for people who think there will be a day there is support for the additional units submod (AUS Mod) from hoppah & co. :P you guys are wrong because every one is able to select and deselect units in mod and cannot give any support to it.

So what's the map? It's the original LA mod 2.0? I've tried and failed. The directory that I put is inside the LA mod 2.0, but I still can not ... I need some help...

So what's the map? It's the original LA mod 2.0? I've tried and failed. The directory that I put is inside the LA mod 2.0, but I still can not ... I need some help...

putting in la mod 2.0 is enough you need to enter the hole path like C:/program files/sixteen tons entertainment/emergency4/mods/los angeles mod v2.0

notice, that because the different versions of the game this path can be different. besides i wouldn't even advice to use my mod until the new setup because of the bugs caused by the second patch. this will be fixed within a few days...

patch couldn't be made ready within the start of my holiday, i got no modding ability on my laptop so everything is paused now, the begin of july i will be back to mod again.

patch is almost finished and can be release i think within 1 to 7 days, only the army truck back-up command need to be fixed.

News Update

I finally could fix the last bug caused by the release of Patch 2 for the Los Angeles Mod made by hoppah, i couldn't manage to find the reason why this bug was there but finally i fixed it.

Not only a patch is made ready but also a new setup got his main features right. Thanks to hoppah for sharing his preview script of a submod release (setup script) i could make my own in Inno Setup 5.

The main features are that you are able to add and remove things you want and don't want. For now it only contains the patches but i'm gona try some compatibility packs with other submods.

The setup will be upgraded in feature with a personal skin and icon. For now i'm gona concentrate my self on the Realism Mod.

Patch 2 Contains:

- Compatibility with Version 2.0.2 of the LA Mod

Patch 1 Contains:

- Command Icons

- Using the (new) back-up commands highlighting of objects/units/personnel will be disabled

Setup Contains:

- Ability to choose what you would like to install and what not. (for now only patches, in future also compatibility packs)

Enjoy the patch and setup.

BTW:

notice that patch 1 is always required (in LA Mod 2.0), patch 2 is only required for use in version 2.0.2 of the la mod.

Link: Click here (can also be found on post 1)

please report any bug there is and not have being found.

Im not sure what you mean by "- Using the (new) back-up commands highlighting of objects/units/personnel will be disabled"

But I assume this is the call tow truck script you were working on awhile ago? What else? Assuming this is the call tow truck script, do you mind if I use it in my submods?

EDIT: I couldnt figure out why the installer was 35 MB until I saw you put the eft files in there. The eft files serve no purpose in the installer. The eft files of any submod are more or less just a converted tga file. If you havent altered the texture in anyway thats 64 MB worth of data being compressed where as with out them, your only compressing about 4.5 MB worth of data which would make the installer about 1-2MB, maybe smaller, vs its current size of 35 MB.

Im not sure what you mean by "- Using the (new) back-up commands highlighting of objects/units/personnel will be disabled"

But I assume this is the call tow truck script you were working on awhile ago? What else? Assuming this is the call tow truck script, do you mind if I use it in my submods?

EDIT: I couldnt figure out why the installer was 35 MB until I saw you put the eft files in there. The eft files serve no purpose in the installer. The eft files of any submod are more or less just a converted tga file. If you havent altered the texture in anyway thats 64 MB worth of data being compressed where as with out them, your only compressing about 4.5 MB worth of data which would make the installer about 1-2MB, maybe smaller, vs its current size of 35 MB.

the tow truck command isn't in there besides for now the command is only for private usage and not allowed to be shared in other submods. the eft file is there cause the map had to be changed to spawn the units at the right place. if i would let it spawn at the police station like the other back-up commands the US Army Truck will get stuck while spawning at the station. i'm not in the ability test which of the 3 files can be removed and which can stay to prevent around 9 not working releases the file will stay in it.

Theres nothing to test because I have tested it. I am telling you the eft file is simply the texture and nothing else. Everything like spawn points,VOs and so forth are stored in the freeplay.e4m and dfreeplay.e4m. I have tested it. My submod was released with out the EFT files because of the fact there a texture file only, hints the name e4t(Emergency 4 texture). Theres no point in a 32 mb installer when it can be cut down to 1-2 MB or less. This means faster download and faster install time. Its a positive for everyone involved.