Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

...the Vectra is no longer being included as a police vehicle, due to a lack of evidence of its existence.

Kookas - today I saw the very same Vauhxall Vectra, just like how you made it, patrolling down my road. :) Looks like they do exist afterall. I'm 100% sure it was a marked police Vectra and the same model as you have done.

Firefighter

- the standard firefighter

- can wear BA gear, water rescue gear, or green HAZMAT gear

as far as collours go here are you going to use PBI gold or black fire kit and the new or old style helmets? and i thought the HAZMAT suits were yellow thats the collour they are by me.

But you live down in Wales, ours are a dark "medical" green colour, I think.

Here is a Hazardous Area Response Team member in HAZMAT. I saw an image of a WMFS fireman in a dark green HAZMAT suit, but now I can't find it ...

Image_5_for_West_Midlands_Fire_Service_stage_a_Gas_explosion_gallery_351654647.jpg

Every time I have seen a fireman around here (not often, mind you, so I can't remember it that well, only at a couple of car fires really), I'm sure they looked like that.

Also, the Range Rover ARV will no longer be included in the game. The Vector bar model will still be there amongst the files, but the texture and skin will be changed, and it will get an LED Whelen Edge 9M with grille and wing mirror lights to become a Road Policing Unit (saw one the other day). The reasons for its removal are that I don't even know if it actually exists in the West Midlands Police and also I don't really want to have to redo that Vector lightbar :P

The Range Rover will no longer be used by the Highways Agency, but instead will be replaced by the Land Rover Discovery.

The original post has been changed slightly, and now, every car except one has photographic evidence of its existence. The plans for a BMW X5 have been scrapped too, because although I know they do exist, there are too many RPUs planned for a game which doesn't let you have police chases, so I removed the one that had no photograph on the Internet.

Great, thanks. I understand they can't put in unmarked police vehicles. Will be updating things.

If they put unmarked out in public, the unmarked would lose it's function :police:

Yep, I know. Also notice there aren't any Armed Response Vehicles listed there. I have updated, corrected and confirmed the original post with some of the vehicles from the list, but not all vehicles have pictures. Doesn't matter.

The first released version will be on the normal freeplay map, and will be used as normal, with only custom emergency vehicles and personnel, but the second version should hopefully have a custom generic UK freeplay map, which would be shared with other UK mods such as Essex mod, Humberside mod, etc. There will be bugfix patches in-between where bugs are reported ;)

The release date for West Midlands Mod 0.4 (the first version) is set to somewhere between August and October, with bugfix patches being released afterwards. I'd say that you probably shouldn't expect 0.9 (with 1.0 being reserved for the final, bug-cleared version) with the freeplay map until February 2011, or maybe even later.

Great, thanks. I understand they can't put in unmarked police vehicles. Will be updating things.

If they put unmarked out in public, the unmarked would lose it's function :police:

It don't really loose there function, no police car can be totally uncover.

All you need is one look and you notice small LED lights (often hidden in the grill), cameras and two men with police vests on. :P

Yep, I know. Also notice there aren't any Armed Response Vehicles listed there.

Yeah I noticed that but I can't see any major reason to withhold them.....

Yeah but you have to atleast try to keep them secret. Also, that's not true for all unmarked vehicles. The vehicles which I call undercover vehicles (it sounds cooler. Also try covert vehicles) are driven by plain clothes officers and sometimes they attempt to hide the cameras inside by disguising them as part of the rear view mirror or other ideas. As for grille lights .. you need to either have eagle eyes or just be extremely paranoid to notice a car on the road has grille lights ;)

As for withholding information on ARVs, if it isn't just oversight (very unlikely it is mere oversight), then perhaps there's some security reason for it. Perhaps they don't want people planning to attack armed response vehicles and trying to steal the weapons from them. Doesn't matter anyway. I think I have enough ARVs planned.

@ both

All i know is that the dutch police will never show their real unmarked cars.

or even give information about the real cars(like speed, mileage and so on). just for simple reasons;

1. a unmarked car should not be recognized
  2. giving away speeds,mileage and so on would make it more attractive to dare the police to a high speed chase

We also have the unmarked police units as you said, camera, lights, police in uniform.(they are show on tv) but remain unmarked.

but the tv show can only follow 5 units in the whole country.

(but i'll bet you a 100pounds that we have a lot more then 5 unmarked vehicles :cheers-mate:

I kept a backup of the original thread this time, so its not so bad. As for the bits that flash being too big, do you mean the lightbar is too big or what? The sides are big because that's how lightbars like that tend to flash, the side flashes all at once. I made the coronas smaller since that video so it looks right at the normal camera distance but yeah. Another thing I hope they sort out for the next Emergency - coronas that get smaller from distance, not bigger :P

just looked at the can of the dennis then refreshed and ou had up dated looks good so far if you want tomorow night i will be able to get some realy close up pics of one only thing is its a mid and west wales so dont use for livery shame i could get any ting to work before or i would have hd a go myself

As for the bits that flash being too big, do you mean the lightbar is too big or what? The sides are big because that's how lightbars like that tend to flash, the side flashes all at once.

I don't really know what's wrong with it. And as I can't pin it down, I'll just say it's perfect. :P

Great job on the Dennis! :gut: