Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

They were on standby. Brierley Hills machines were on a job, pic taken when D021 had just returned.

A couple more random west mids pics attached for peoples interest :)

1st is a 15 pump fire in Ladywood a few years back.

And even earlier, a 20 pump fire in Solihull in 2004.

And even earlier, a 20 pump fire in Solihull in 2004.

About the last picture:

I was at that Solihull/Cranmore fire and remember it well. At that time I was living about 100 meters from the burning building, inside the police cordon. At about 6am my mum was woken up by the explosion, I came over later on from dads, when the road in the last picture was lined with about 12 engines. That was a fun day :P

Info:

The West Midlands have 2 Charity Air Ambulances, the 1st one is the County Air Ambulance based at RAF Cosford, Wolverhampton, and the Second is the Midland Air Ambulance which is based at a motorway services somewhere, which also has a Doctor/Paramedic Land Rover which is Marked Differently to the WMAS Land Rover.

The MAA Landrover has "DOCTOR" & "H.E.M.S" (Helicopter Emergency Medical Services) written on the side.

------------------------------------------------

If the Doctor/Paramedic does NOT have a Medical Bag, if the person is Dead/Dying can the First Aider Preform Cardio Pulmonary Resusitaction (new animation)----The CPR Protocol is 30 Compressions then 2 Mouth-to-Mouth and repeated.

If a Person has gone into Cardiac Arrest, if an Doctor/Paramedic is not giving first aid, can certain bystanders give CPR (you will have to do a lot of scripting for Random people to actually do this)

For the MAA & CAA can the Doctors/Paramedics Have different Textures (Just so it is more realistic)

If the Doctor/Paramedic does NOT have a Medical Bag, if the person is Dead/Dying can the First Aider Preform Cardio Pulmonary Resusitaction (new animation)----The CPR Protocol is 30 Compressions then 2 Mouth-to-Mouth and repeated.

If a Person has gone into Cardiac Arrest, if an Doctor/Paramedic is not giving first aid, can certain bystanders give CPR (you will have to do a lot of scripting for Random people to actually do this)

fantastic and realistic addition! The random first aid bystander might be a concept to add to the list of impossible sadly, its a nice idea but it might be too hard to do but good luck anyway and keep up the good work :happy:

still needs to be realistic - of course not fully like RTS but at least have a Few diferent Medi Bag options.

Oh -

and if there is like an Fire and you have Casualties, if you select 4 Fire Fighters, Paramedics, Doctors, etc, can they have the ability to get a backboard and then transfer the casualty to the Stretched - Because putting a person over your back increases there chance of death

i also have AlS with St. John Ambulance, i have to agree BARC, not all casualties can be treated with just a med kit alone and certain medical emergencies cant be dealt with treatment which would normally work (EG: a Defibrillator is useless on a person died in a fire)

Can you do a mission on the recent EDL Riots in Dudley - have like the real terrain and buildings. also have that other group where the Bishop was, the group that wanted the mosque to be built.

Love to see a mission on that - my brother in Armed Response responded to that - also, look on youtube for the riots, on some videos if you look closley on the doors of the polie vans, you will notice it says "Metropolitan Police" - maybe WM Police called in reinforcments early from London

I don't think I'll be including missions until I have the release candidate functional and released.

Also, you don't need to tell me to backup files. You don't have to backup scripts, or your game, because scripts can't screw up your entire game. If they do, you can just delete them and copy over new ones from the game's original files. It's like with fatal crashes, I don't understand how people's computers can be that unreliable and dodgy that fatal crashes resulting in the loss of data occur this often.

I know of hardware murder, where faulty hardware damages other bits of hardware (I know someone who lost 3 hard drives to it), but crashes... I have only found that crashes will only cause corruption in files you're modifying at the present moment. So if a crash happens when you're saving a file, or during an autosave, or whatever.

Anyway, on-topic, no missions until maybe Q3 2011. With the medical kits idea, I don't think you can easily tell whether someone died because of a fire.

ohhhh, why didnt you say scriptwise 1046276347_thefinger.gif

Go to 14 SECONDS and LOOK CLOSLEY at the door of the police van - the markings are DEFINATLEY Metropolitan Police - London Police - and i know the LAYOUT of dudley like the back of my hand and that is definatley dudley

Edited by MikeyPI
Merged posts, USE EDIT BUTTON rather than posting twice in a row.

Did your brother get permission to shoot some racists then?

Oh yeah at 1:15, look where that riot cop's holding his colleague xD maybe it is his wife or something.

Anyway ... ya will have some more pictures/videos soon.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic: s'il vous plait. Merci.

I am going to have more progress soon regarding the mod. The fire engine is still in progress, still have to create the prototypes necessary for putting on the children and put the lights on.