Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

are some of the models going to be sharp (not many polygons) so they end up looking like Hampshire and some of essex's units (VERY SHARP(no offence to these mods) , or is it going to be many polygons and nice smooth units so they end up like LA Mod - like proper emergency units

are some of the models going to be sharp (not many polygons) so they end up looking like Hampshire and some of essex's units (VERY SHARP(no offence to these mods) , or is it going to be many polygons and nice smooth units so they end up like LA Mod - like proper emergency units

Look at the units in the first post. They are very good models :)

are some of the models going to be sharp (not many polygons) so they end up looking like Hampshire and some of essex's units (VERY SHARP(no offence to these mods)

I take no offense, but i think you haven't looked at the Essex mod for a time now :prop:

And kookas the models look great, and you have some very good idea's.

Just hope you don't lay the bar to high(beyond your own capabilities.)

Well, I could use and did consider using Essex mod style models, but I decided to make them as in LA mod, because although I don't see any other mods as competition, I do see them as "role mods", ideal mods that I would like mine to be like when it grows up.

I don't mean any offence to you Tian - what I mean by Essex Mod style is using photographs for the whole vehicle - I prefer to create my textures from scratch, with some exceptions such as the equipment in the fire engine.

As for the standard for this mod, I want to push myself and see this happen. I don't think any of it is beyond my capabilities, I think I will be able to do it, and I will certainly at least give it a good try :P. I have a fair bit of scripting experience in some other languages, mainly Lua, some web-based languages and ActionScript, and despite the fact that I don't have any patience for computer problems, I have a lot of patience when it comes to productive things like this. I know everything I hope to do is possible, with the exception of the Water Sourcing commands for the fire engine which I am not so sure about.

Well, I could use and did consider using Essex mod style models,

released version?

Or there rebuild version?

As for the standard for this mod, I want to push myself and see this happen. I don't think any of it is beyond my capabilities, I think I will be able to do it, and I will certainly at least give it a good try :P. I have a fair bit of scripting experience in some other languages, mainly Lua, some web-based languages and ActionScript, and although I don't have any patience for computer problems, I have a lot of patience when it comes to productive things like this.

I don't doubt you, i just seen a lot of mods(in the short time that i've been on the forum)

Fail and stopped because they raised the bar to high.

So i really wish you all the best of luck in the mod.

And if i can help i will(we are a team after all) :cheers-mate:

Good luck mate.

I edited it a bit, you can see what I mean with Essex-style if you go and check the post again.

Also, yes, I have seen that too, but the project will never "die" until release, its thread might drop, but if I get stuck somehow, I will try everything I can to resolve the issue and if I can't, I will remove the feature that has me stuck until I figure out how to fix it.

Good luck with you too.

I have come up with a new idea - violent "chavs", who attack your personnel when they see them, so you have to call in the police to assist. I don't know how I would go about doing this, but there may be a script function to "aggro" a civilian so they attack your personnel (like in the Arson event, where the arsonist attacks your personnel).

I edited it a bit, you can see what I mean with Essex-style if you go and check the post again.

I did not take any offense, i was just asking cause i thought you where referring to the model style of build not the texture.

(for some reason people did not see that the flat model are being rebuild to 100% proper 3-d models).

So just asking :holdglass:

Think you could use simulor lines out of the:

Demonstration

Arson(like you said)

Fight

Violent crime

or armed bank robbery

events.

(i would place my money on the bank robbery or Fight).

Yeah, but how would you get them to only attack your personnel? Perhaps there is a special command that allows for setting someone onto a specific other person. I would think so. If nothing else, I could script it "from scratch", but there probably is a function. Although rioters only attack your personnel and not each other, so perhaps...

Expect a mod update tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Yeah, but how would you get them to only attack your personnel? Perhaps there is a special command that allows for setting someone onto a specific other person. I would think so. If nothing else, I could script it "from scratch", but there probably is a function.

Expect a mod update tomorrow or on Wednesday.

bank robber is scripted to rob and shoot personnel(of the bank)

But he attacks officer automatically.

(even FF, EMS, Tec and Police)

So i would look there, as i think that the script you are looking for is already there.

I don't want chavs shooting my personnel up, that wouldn't happen xD although if some guy came out of the blue with a gun and fired shots it would be interesting to see like a small army of armed police go after them...

Anyway, I think rioter is best, I want an unarmed chav not a gun-wielding maniac xD

They might both use the same functions, though. I will check that out tomorrow.

I don't want chavs shooting my personnel up, that wouldn't happen xD although if some guy came out of the blue with a gun and fired shots it would be interesting to see like a small army of armed police go after them...

Anyway, I think rioter is best, I want an unarmed chav not a gun-wielding maniac xD

They might both use the same functions, though. I will check that out tomorrow.

Not sure if, or how.

But if, you could remove the gun lines out of that script or, remove the gun from him in the editor.

then he would still attack, but be unarmed.

By the way, I have just finished the first script: car moves only with personnel inside :) next, I will see if I can make the move script work on people (makes the car go to the person - using the move script frees up command slots).

Guest private R clark

wmmcox.png

Expect the release of West Midlands Mod Beta 0.4 in Q3 this year.

West Midlands Fire Service

Firefighter

- the standard firefighter

- can wear breathing apparatus, water rescue gear, or green HAZMAT gear

Watch Manager

- one per group of firemen

- is the leader of the group

- manages them (possibly with action "macros")

regarding the fire service found out some info the fire service has more ranked officers.

was wondering if you going to add more personel to the fleet ?

info at:

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=7172

No, he is right, there are more job positions for WMFS than I've listed.

By the way, I am a bit busy, so progress might be slow or halted for a couple of days. I will try to get back onto it soon.

EDIT: Turns out it's quite the opposite, from today progress will actually be going at a much greater rate as long as my computer works when I plug it all in now...

More or less the same with the ranks.

Each PRL runs with either a WCdr or a CCdr

1 pump stations have a WCdr + CCdr per appliance

2 pump stations (with 2 24hour trucks) have a WCdr incharge of the 1st PRL with a CCdr, and a CCdr incharge of the 2nd PRL

2 pump stations with a 12 hour truck, mostly all the time have a WCdr incharge of both PRL's.

Not sure if many people are aware west mids have a number of trucks that are off the run between the hours of 10pm - 10am, these being the 2nd pumps at -

A4 Erdington, A7 Handsworth, B1 Solihull, B3 Coventry*, C7 Ladywood, C9 Hay Mills**, D1 Oldbury, D2 Brierley Hill, D8 West Bromwich, D9 Dudley and E8 Tettenhall***

*B3 Coventry has 3 PRL's, 2 of which are off the run between 10pm - 10am

**C9 Hay Mills has 1 PRL and 1 Targeted Response Vehicle (small fires unit) off the run between 10pm-10am, the same as D9 Dudley with 1 pump and TRV OTR.

*** E8 Tettenhall's only PRL is off the run between 10pm-10am, leaving no truck available in Tettenhall, with fire cover coming from E5 Wolverhampton Merridale St.

Pic of B3 Cov attached, with their 3 PRL's and 2 HP's (one of the HP's a reserve not on the run).

& One for BritishArmyReserveCadets, your local truck parked up at Brierley Hill.

On the way back from Kings Heath today, I saw two PRLs responding. I noted two things:

- they used anti-speeding and pro-seatbelt posters on the sides, not fire safety advertisements.

- they have proper airhorns, which I can't find on the Internet.

Scrivs, would you be able to record a fire engine airhorn? Even though they use them all the time around here due to the heavy traffic, it's hard to get a recording because:

a - can't get to my phone in time

+

b - the sound of the other sirens messes up the quality

+

c - the phone's audio quality sucks

Out of curiosity, have you looked into asking the West Midlands Fire Service if they have any samples of their sirens/horns? A local service has assisted me with this before, sent me some and also arranged for me to record some for a digital media project.

Hey!!!!, what Cradley Heath fire truck doing at Brierley hill Fire Station.....????.

Maybe Brierley were short of Fire Trucks & Cradley were trying out Updated trucks

yeh or one is being services/repaired ect so they got one from somewhere else to cover