Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

Guest westmidsfireman

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i was wondering if you were aware that in the lightbars they have what are called alley lights this is a white beam of light which they can use to obviously look down alleys or light up a scene. Sorry if i have repeated what someone has already said. Otherwise an excellent bit of work, how many hours have you spent so far creating a new mod and how much are you willing to spend before you just say ohhhh F**K it LOL

in the lightbars they have what are called alley lights

Yes, I think they do, but this is maybe not essential for such an early stage of the mod. Maybe it's not too hard to add in, for somebody who knows how to make lights, or Kookas himself later. Besides, it's still light enough to see even at night time, in EM4. :P

It'll be a nice bonus for future releases but I'm looking forward to the Astra. Let's see if he keeps up his great standard with the most common patrol car around here :D

Great work Kookas..I'm following with an interested eye.

Yes, I think they do, but this is maybe not essential for such an early stage of the mod. Maybe it's not too hard to add in, for somebody who knows how to make lights, or Kookas himself later. Besides, it's still light enough to see even at night time, in EM4. :P

It'll be a nice bonus for future releases but I'm looking forward to the Astra. Let's see if he keeps up his great standard with the most common patrol car around here :D

Great work Kookas..I'm following with an interested eye.

yeh thats true on LA mod the flood lights ca be very blinding and can offen make it harder to see so this may not be needed at the sage:)

Thanks for the comments!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i was wondering if you were aware that in the lightbars they have what are called alley lights this is a white beam of light which they can use to obviously look down alleys or light up a scene. Sorry if i have repeated what someone has already said. Otherwise an excellent bit of work, how many hours have you spent so far creating a new mod and how much are you willing to spend before you just say ohhhh F**K it LOL

Yes, I thought about those earlier. That's what I called the two spotlights on the front of lightbar, I didn't know that they are called alley lights. They are there, I just don't know how to turn them on in the Editor :P As for hours, as many hours as it takes to get things to work .. it's strange how you act as if it's a hard task to add lights .. not hard, just a bit boring, lol. The alley lights are categorised as "Special Lights", which is why they did not come on when the headlights came on at night, the idea is for them to be able to be turned on and off separately like in real life.

Polygon lights, I haven't tried those .. those are the things that make a glow within the polygon, right? In other mods, they seem very blinding and make a scene hard to manage when the lights are on!

Also these alley lights aren't particularly blinding, they just have a wider range than the headlights. Are there normally alley lights on the side of the lightbar as well?

And regarding the Astra - sucks that I pretty much have to make it or this mod isn't complete. The car looks very hard to make xD and other cars are bound to follow suit with that sort of design complexity in the future years to come .. they add so many contours!

astra009.jpg

I'm not going to use others' scripts .. I intend on doing it myself so that I don't need to bother with permission and credits etc.

Also, I already have added the alley lights as Special Lights .. I added them when I added the rest of the lights, but no-one read the post so they thought I didn't ...

Astra's not going so badly actually - pics in first post!

Hey, just bumping this to ask for some other people to join the project .. I need someone who has some experience with C# or other similar languages who can script some things. The scripts I need are turning on/off the Special Lights, turning on/off the Blue Lights, a GoTo script which doesn't automatically turn on the lights and sirens - when the lights and sirens are on, the car should drive to the location faster than when it is told to go somewhere without them. You would (of course) get access to any files I make, such as the Vectra, Astra, and other vehicles. I may need more scripts than shown on here, though.

I'll do all the modelling required, if any. Also, I have a video of the Vectra working in game uploading at the moment. It'll be in the original post.

there is the photos you asked for forget the colour i not overed with that yet.

Very nice, but it looks like it is made with Sketchup's "curves", which will probably generate an excessive amount of polygons. Also, what model is it? It's the SCANIA, right? I try not to be fussy but I've never seen a WMFS Scania, they tend to use Dennis Sabre XLs, maybe westmidsfireman can correct me on this.

By the way, the video's up, original post. You might have to click it to get the 480p version.

Very nice, but it looks like it is made with Sketchup's "curves", which will probably generate an excessive amount of polygons. Also, what model is it? It's the SCANIA, right? I try not to be fussy but I've never seen a WMFS Scania, they tend to use Dennis Sabre XLs, maybe westmidsfireman can correct me on this.

By the way, the video's up, original post. You might have to click it to get the 480p version.

well thats actualy done in pro desktop its mainly just an example it looked like the most complicated engine i could find thats why i did it so chances are i could give others a go. and a dennis sabre would be nice my dad uses them i dont live in or near west midland but my dad is a firfighter in mid and west wales and im doing a public sevices course in college and planing on being a firefighter aswell so it would be a nice project to help me along.http://www.ukfirephotos.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=6

thers a list i found

cheers guys that list was realy hard to find heres another http://fireenginepics.fotopic.net/c1245469.html

Another brilliant find, thanks, I will update the original post. Also, if no-one can or will script, then I will just release it with the games scripts, or maybe try and get permission from Hoppah to use some of his scripts.

Maybe you could try to import them and add the lights? That will give you something to do when you've finished modelling the Dennis, so that you can put it in-game.

waw u wanna get a release out soon then is it?

was this aimed at me-

Maybe you could try to import them and add the lights? That will give you something to do when you've finished modelling the Dennis, so that you can put it in-game.

if so what do you mean sorry ive just got back from doing my 3 day silver duke of ed experdition so im tired atm.

Hi, i am also from WM, not long ago in cradley heath (which is where i live) there was an Armed Raid at Lloyds TSB bank, opposite the new tescos, there was an Armed Response unit there, am you going to include Armed Response and can you make a mission on the raid, it would be very good, also am you going to include the County Air Ambulance and a new Police Helicopter, if you are going ot make the Bank raid and you want more info on it, PM me and ill get back to you as soon as possible, good luck with the mod :12:

waw u wanna get a release out soon then is it?

was this aimed at me-

if so what do you mean sorry ive just got back from doing my 3 day silver duke of ed experdition so im tired atm.

1 - Not really, but I think it's very unlikely that I'll get any scripters and I don't really have it in me to work out what everything means and try to do it myself .. there ought to be some sort of scripting wiki.

2 - I mean that when you've finished the Sabre (if you are going to make it at all), maybe it's an idea if you still need something to do to try putting it in-game.

Hi, i am also from WM, not long ago in cradley heath (which is where i live) there was an Armed Raid at Lloyds TSB bank, opposite the new tescos, there was an Armed Response unit there, am you going to include Armed Response and can you make a mission on the raid, it would be very good, also am you going to include the County Air Ambulance and a new Police Helicopter, if you are going ot make the Bank raid and you want more info on it, PM me and ill get back to you as soon as possible, good luck with the mod :12:

All those questions are answered in the first post, but I'll answer them here anyway - yes, there will be Armed Police in the game, with cars such as the Land Rover Range Rover SE as their vehicles. The West Midlands County Air Ambulance will be featured in this as well, along with a new police helicopter.

As for the raids, yes, that's a good idea. Like in Winterberg mod, maybe a message could come up at the top saying "The police has a warrant on a man suspected to be in possession of firearms. His location is now known and has been marked on the map. Raid his house and arrest the man.".

Could get a kind of forensics thing going on, whereby after you have raided the house you must send them in to secure the evidence - firearms, ammunition, whatever he might have of interest. Should be possible to script an object which, when interacted with by forensics, disappears, and then once all the objects have disappeared, and the man has been taken into custody, the task ends successfully. Maybe I won't. I probably won't be able to do it myself.

Thanks for the praise, as well.

Also, the Vauxhall Vectra doesn't seem to exist in the West Midlands Police fleet, but you can just pretend it does, right? There will still be the ones that do ;)

This mod is absolutely great, from the very start. :D

I really hope you have good luck for it.

I have an idea for a hopefully simple to script event. Because the 'interview person' command is never used in Freeplay, maybe you could make an event with two or more people and to complete it you just have to interview the people there? For example a small car crash or domestic fight. Perhaps for added 'twist' they can sometimes turn violent. Just an idea.

Yeah .. take statements after a crash to help find out who is to blame. Thing is, anything is hard to script if you don't know the way the game interprets the language which I don't :(

1 - Not really, but I think it's very unlikely that I'll get any scripters and I don't really have it in me to work out what everything means and try to do it myself .. there ought to be some sort of scripting wiki.

2 - I mean that when you've finished the Sabre (if you are going to make it at all), maybe it's an idea if you still need something to do to try putting it in-game.

ok i see naw yeh it would and i will probably have a go only trouble is time and gettin zmodeler to work.