Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

You must mean the Scania, that's what that is, yes it is very well made, unfortunately it won't be used in the mod as I think it's the one make of firetruck WMFS don't have.

Also, Land Rover Range Rover in progress now too. I can take out three birds with one stone here, I guess, because this Range Rover will be used by the Highways Agency and by the police as an ARV and as an RPU.

There's now a list of planned personnel in the first post as well.

All those questions are answered in the first post, but I'll answer them here anyway - yes, there will be Armed Police in the game, with cars such as the Land Rover Range Rover SE as their vehicles. The West Midlands County Air Ambulance will be featured in this as well, along with a new police helicopter.

As for the raids, yes, that's a good idea. Like in Winterberg mod, maybe a message could come up at the top saying "The police has a warrant on a man suspected to be in possession of firearms. His location is now known and has been marked on the map. Raid his house and arrest the man.".

i mean, it was a hostage situation, this only happens here once every decade, also you could do that CS GAS outlet at McDonalds in wolverhamton, when a hoddie walked in and sprayed CS gas

That's even easier to do because hostage situations are already in the game. I wonder how easy it will be to put all these models into Emergency 5 when it comes? (OFFTOPIC NOTE: for those of you who don't know, "Emergency 2012: Die Welt am Abgrund" is planning to be released at the end of this year. Despite its name "The End of the World" in English, it's apparently going to be another normal Emergency game. Hope it has a better optimised GUI - seriously, I think that rendering the commands interface has a worse effect on the framerate than the rest of the game! /END OFFTOPIC)

So yeah hostage situation in the bank would be cool. There was a robbery at a bank down my road too a couple of years back, in Kings Heath.

is there going to be a Bomb Squad, incase the IRA attack or somthing (which they will not unless you make a new emergency trigger in freeplay or make a mission on it)bomb-squad-officers-at-middlesbrough-police-station-437065318.jpgThe WMFireService have a bomb squad but amazingly the Police dont, usually we us the Royal Air Force or Territorial Army Bomb Squad

-i cant find a WMFS bomb squad unit but if you want to get pictures of them go to Solihull or a Birmingham station and thers one there, they are red 9obviously) flatbed and have a red tarp over some objects on the flatbed, i have also found a RAF Bomb Squad Robot

Remotely_controlled_bomb_disposal_tool.JPG

The WMFireService have a bomb squad but amazingly the Police dont, usually we us the Royal Air Force or Territorial Army Bomb Squad

The only Police Service in the country with a Bomb Disposal section is the Met, as far as I know. Also, I didn't think the TA did Civil Bomb Disposal; I know only the Royal Navy, The Royal Air Force and the Royal Logisitcs Corps do. If you could find a picture of the WMFS Bomb Disposal that'd be cool. :12:

The OC-D

The only Police Service in the country with a Bomb Disposal section is the Met, as far as I know. Also, I didn't think the TA did Civil Bomb Disposal; I know only the Royal Navy, The Royal Air Force and the Royal Logisitcs Corps do. If you could find a picture of the WMFS Bomb Disposal that'd be cool. :12:

The OC-D

TA and rlc same thing my mum was in rlc in the ta

the TA is basically the UK version of the US national Guard, and also the TA are the reserves, so there may e TA personnel in the RLC and other parts of the Military.

I cant find a picture of a WMFS Bomb Disposal on the net and the few local stations by me dont either, the ones that i know thta have Bomb disposal anre at Solihull and Major Bimingham Stations, there may also be one at Major Wolverhamton Stations.

Edited by pyrothijs
deleted racist off topic comment

Yeah, I'm thinking about putting a bomb robot in, I don't see how hard it could be, just use a model of the bomb squad robot as a bomb disposal person and don't give it any bones or anything so that it does not move like a person. Then it can be taken around in a van. Would be cool to also get it to not be counted as a casualty if it ends up blown to pieces :P

the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

this is what comes up when i try and use zmodeler anyone know how i can change this??

Another idea for you, is there going to be a inshore RNLI lifeboat, because we have a lot of major rivers run through WM, the RNLI have inshore stations for floods, etc

Images in action

image-10-for-cumbrian-towns-flooded-as-storm-batters-uk-gallery-794990421.jpg

weather-floods-flooding-cumbria-flood-251454328.jpg

These are the two boats that the RNLI use during floods

Sunderland%20RNLI%20Lifeboats%202007.jpg

Edited by pyrothijs
off topic deleted

next time if you want to send anything like that, send it via PM to avoid going off topic.

I hate to break it to you, but you're the one that keeps going off topic with your weird assumptions like the one below.

somtimes the KGB can be called a terrorist Organisation, because they all kindnapp people and hold them to ransom

Just a friendly word of advice: stop reading James Bond novels and start living in the real world. The KGB doesn't exist anymore, in fact it was abolished almost twenty years ago when the USSR collapsed...

All off topic deleted so let's just talk about the West-Midlands mod again.

[EDIT] @ B.A.R.C.: I said let's talk about the West Midlands mod again, all off topic comments will be deleted without notice![/EDIT]

**The water outlets on the pavement may be replaced with much flatter, labelled squares on the ground, as is such in West Midlands and most of the UK.

im gussing this is the type you are talking about the typical british fire hydrant

post-7341-126687391169_thumb.jpg

but tonight i have been using the new green pillar hydrants that are naw being used in some places that may be a good idea i cant find any pic atm but i miht be able to get some dunno if they are being used in West midland thats the only problem

Thanks for returning the thread to topic pyrothijs.

im gussing this is the type you are talking about the typical british fire hydrant

post-7341-126687391169_thumb.jpg

but tonight i have been using the new green pillar hydrants that are naw being used in some places that may be a good idea i cant find any pic atm but i miht be able to get some dunno if they are being used in West midland thats the only problem

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think these exist in or are planned to come to the West Midlands.

As for the RNLI lifeboat, I probably will add that, thanks. Don't see why not, the map will probably have a river anyway, especially if it does turn out to be the default map with modifications. Can the smaller one travel faster than the bigger one, or ..?

Thanks for returning the thread to topic pyrothijs.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think these exist in or are planned to come to the West Midlands.

As for the RNLI lifeboat, I probably will add that, thanks. Don't see why not, the map will probably have a river anyway, especially if it does turn out to be the default map with modifications. Can the smaller one travel faster than the bigger one, or ..?

yes the smaller one does travel faster but because they are designed to be inshore lifeoats, they both go very fast

I just have a question .. what are yellow police cars for? They might be traffic cars, but they're also E3s ...?

Also the reason I wanted to know was so that I could give people a reason to send the smaller lifeboat instead of the larger one besides availability.

hey, i know its a bit off topic, but because most people on this particular fourm are from the WM, i thought i bring it up.

Has anyone gone to the Midland Soldier this week at MoD Stafford, there is a Show where they show all the different regiment and information and you can hold the weapons and go in the tanks, it finishes the end of this wekk or month, not sure, if you go and ask or call Army Jobs by visisting www.army.mod.uk you should be able to find when it is. there is the RPC Bomb Disposal there and also the Royal Military Police and a load of other Forces, id suggest that you moddelers for the mod go there to get better looks at the bomb disposal units and also could add the Royal Medical Corps and Royal Miliary Police

Can we see pics of there yellow cars?

Well ...

4117846178_2026cf05fe.jpg

Imagine that, except where the main body colour is yellow instead of white. I saw one earlier, and I've seen them patrolling, the one earlier pulled over a car (damn thing nearly ran me over as I crossed the road, because it suddenly turned its lights and sirens on when at the lights).