Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

I wouldn't say EM2012 will be too intensive.. by the screenshots, it looks to be running on the same engine and everything.

Also, I won't be bothering with several models of motorbike, sorry, but you won't be able to tell the difference from the game angle and it would just be a bit of a nuisance.

I wouldn't say EM2012 will be too intensive.. by the screenshots, it looks to be running on the same engine and everything.

Also, I won't be bothering with several models of motorbike, sorry, but you won't be able to tell the difference from the game angle and it would just be a bit of a nuisance.

OK, that's fine. I just thought the Yamaha one would be better to include as it is newer.

Hi guys,

So basically, I'd like to know your personal preferences on manual vs. automatic. Not in terms of car transmissions either. Here's the plan:

Manual

Fire (alerting one appliance from on-map station)

- click on each appliance you want to alert and click on the "Shutter Open" command.

- click on the station dispatcher and click "Alert Firefighter" once for each firefighter you require.

- when they arrive in the engine bay, select them and have them enter the appliance(s).

- the script will pick one firefighter in each appliance to be in charge.

- click on the "Lights On" command to switch on the lights.

- send them out to the scene!

Ambulance (alerting one vehicle from hospital ambulance bay)

- click on each vehicle you want to alert and click on the "Shutter Open" command if applicable.

- click on the station dispatcher and click "Alert Paramedic" once for each paramedic you require.

- when they arrive in the ambulance bay, select them and have them enter the vehicle(s).

- click on the "Lights On" command to switch on the lights if it's an emergency call.

Police (alerting one vehicle from on-map station)

- click on the gate control and open the gate with the "Gate Open" command.

- click on the station dispatcher and alert whatever type and quantity of officers you need.

- when they arrive in the car park, select them and have them enter the car(s)

- click on the "Lights On" command to switch on the lights if it's an emergency call.

Automated

- Click and wait system also for on-map stations.

- Various other automated commands, like quick deployment of vehicle staff, etc.

Calling vehicles from off-map will always, of course, just be a matter of clicking and waiting.

To make the informed decision I would like to make, I'll need you guys to choose on the poll. I've set the ball rolling with my own vote, let's see how it fares...

Kookas

Even further delays to be expected as I get used to the annoying new interface of Blender 2.5. Even though it's only a testing build, it's what's going to eventually become a stable build, so I might as well start getting used to it now. I don't like how the Blender devs have gone with the herd - I liked Blender in particular because it wasn't like all the other programs out there - but meh, I'll have to take time to learn around it.

Alright, good luck with it. It's worth the struggle if it can make the mod even better :P

For the manual/automatic kerfuffle, I'd ideally like a system where we have both available (eg scripted dispatch with one command, or, manually loading them up and sending them out).

Hello,

not sure if you know but the RLC Bomb Disposal truck has to come all the way from wales (not that far, but far for an emergency vehicle)

EDIT:

Found Some pics of the banner on the side of the ambulances:

http://www.wmas.nhs.uk/news/campaigns/choose_well.aspx

Not Yet,

Please read to first post before posting a question as the answer may be in the first post, for thoose of you who cba to go to first post, it says the mod MAY be released in the 4th Quarter of 2010

Siemens45 - Also it would be a good idea to read rules/terms of use before posting, just to let you know, its against the rules to ask for release dates, as mods are hard to make and the creators dont want to be pestered with release date questions

Have a nice day.

Do you really have to right with big red writing?

It use to say about the release of the mod being in the 4th quarter of the year, but that seems to of since been removed.

1. Yes

2. Just noticed, lol

3. Kookas could you possibly update the progress with the units?

lol, but i was coming into my street and this white unmarked car with it lights and sirens on, which i thought at first was a police car, but the driver was wearing a paramedic jacket, do the WMAS have a undercover paramedic unit?

They're not 'undercover', they're normally Ambulance Officers or cars for RRVs that have been kitted out basically so they can be sold quickly after use.

The OC-D

It's been going really slow, and right now it's completely halted. The computer with Emergency 4 installed on it has now suffered some failure of some sort. I haven't yet discovered the cause of the problem, but I believe it may be a video card or motherboard issue - possibly with drivers.

You see, when running Windows, the computer is flung straight into a 0x0000007E STOP BSoD. Ubuntu doesn't seem to want to run off the disc either, but the memory tests report that the memory is perfectly fine.

I recently ordered a 24" widescreen for my other computer (the one I am on now, which is quite alot faster anyway), however, and I may well just start remaking the mod from scratch when it arrives, as I feel that the old one wasn't really up to my current standards. Unfortunately, because of my busy schedule of real life as well as another project which I am currently developing for GTA:IV, I cannot guarantee that this will mean steady progress. This busy schedule also means that I have had to order the monitor to be delivered this Saturday, when I will hopefully be at home ready to sign it and whatnot.

Until then, consider this mod paused, as this current computer's 13" is unbearable for modelling, especially with the latest (unstable) Blender version.

It's been going really slow, and right now it's completely halted. The computer with Emergency 4 installed on it has now suffered some failure of some sort. I haven't yet discovered the cause of the problem, but I believe it may be a video card or motherboard issue - possibly with drivers.

You see, when running Windows, the computer is flung straight into a 0x0000007E STOP BSoD. Ubuntu doesn't seem to want to run off the disc either, but the memory tests report that the memory is perfectly fine.

I recently ordered a 24" widescreen for my other computer (the one I am on now, which is quite alot faster anyway), however, and I may well just start remaking the mod from scratch when it arrives, as I feel that the old one wasn't really up to my current standards. Unfortunately, because of my busy schedule of real life as well as another project which I am currently developing for GTA:IV, I cannot guarantee that this will mean steady progress. This busy schedule also means that I have had to order the monitor to be delivered this Saturday, when I will hopefully be at home ready to sign it and whatnot.

Until then, consider this mod paused, as this current computer's 13" is unbearable for modelling, especially with the latest (unstable) Blender version.

:sorrysign: to hear that, its really disappointing that it has stopped, possibly restarting, well hope everything goes well for you untill its back on track!