Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

Maybe, but if I did that it would only be able to heal them if they hadn't been hurt too much (like a very small amount of health loss, any more and then they have to be sent away to hospital).

Maybe I could also make a hunger bar for firemen. After (game) hours of hard work, you will need to put him into the mobile canteen where he can replenish, or he will start to lose health. This would be a good way to do it, because it simulates him collapsing and not being able to continue without the energy required to do so. Maybe that would be too hard to do, or pointless xD

Here is my scripting plan for the pod prime mover. I fear I might have to animate each and every pod, but I might be able to get away with just retexturing the pods.

I also plan on making the USAR digger/forklift pod function somewhat with setAnimation and using Game::CreateVehicle to spawn the forklift prototype behind the PM with the pod, but I don't know what they do in real life.

I also found that in other mods, I valued significantly the ability to just hit P and watch all the car's still standing staff enter before the car leaves for home. I might try and create something like that.

Not all of these ideas will get in, but I will try my hardest, because the latter idea is what deters me personally from lots of mods, being a lazy person xD

The key steps in doing this:

1. Create Pod off/on animations.

2. Play Pod off animation using setAnimation.

3. Spawn the Pod object with Game::CreateObject & Vector functions.

4. Remove "Place Pod" and assign "Retrieve Pod" command on the Prime Mover.

5. Assign the Pod its commands.

Sort of the reverse for putting the Pod back on, but the prime mover must be commanded to drive back up to its pod first.

Prime Movers that don't need to remove their loads in real life won't need to here either, for example HVPUs, but they will be able to anyway.

Prime Movers that don't need to remove their loads in real life won't need to here either, for example HVPUs, but they will be able to anyway.

thats a good idea because if u had a few pods in the car park of a station and needed more than one you could send prime mover over with one drop it offa and collect another

But the Prime Mover stays until you don't need the pod any more. Then it picks it up and goes home.

By the way, redoing the Range Rover again, because it's too small at the moment. Needs to be scaled according to the personnel models, and not according to the stock game models...

i just got a letter from the police, its about an accident that happend round the corner and i gave first aid and info for medics, they have a picture of a bike on the letter, there is 2 texture styles of Police Bike,

normal_CSC_0236.JPG

First One

And the second i cant find an image of

Also the Police & Paramedics have Pedal Bikes, can you insert them, they are common in birmingham.

The Paramdics also have a MotorBike if you could include a paramedic MB

I guess if I can make the Prime Mover work, I can make bikes and such work too, they can all use the same script, you just play the person getting off/on animation and then you spawn the person by the bike.

I thought paramedics on bikes was only a London thing. I guess not.

and pedal bike- dont forget to put the speeds at 10mph , since when has a pedal bike gone at 100mph - unless it had nitros or was rode by a robot - if you are adding the patrol command like in the LA Mod make sure the pedal bike drives/is riden on the path or the side of the road and that the rider puts his arm out to say which direction he/she is going (MORE realism)

About the arm directions, well, I don't know if its possible, I think the driving AI is hardcoded and as such there is (probably) no isSteering() or similar. Although Hoppah made his motorbikes tilt when they turn, if I'm not mistaken, so maybe...

I think it might be better to use animations for the equipment doors than to use normal doors... that way, I can get it how I want it (not clipping through the roof or anything). It would be set up so that when a fireman goes to get some equipment, the door would open, and when the fire engine is sent home, it shuts again. Also, there won't be any ghost cars here, I'm afraid - I will make the Move command unable to work without someone inside the car. Hopefully, I will also be able to make fire engines have limited water tanks with the amount lost per second varying based on how many hoses are in them at any one point. The PRLs can, in real life, have a total of six hoses in them at any one time, but only carry two reels of hose, and of course, the more hoses, the faster the tank empties. I don't know if fire engines can be made to allow six hoses on them in this game. I hope so.

Also, can someone please explain what vehicle type I would need to set a PRL to? There are about 8 different fire vehicle TaskForce types (can't check right now). Some assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Sounds great! :12:

I'm sure I remember someone saying that you shouldn't have more than 4 hose connections to a truck but I can't remember the reason.

2 reasons I can think of:

1 - it gets into a big mess

2 - tank would usually run out very fast irl

Another possible reason is that maybe it freezes the truck so that even after removing the hoses the truck is rendered immobile.

Well, if six is too much, four will have to do.

2 - tank would usually run out very fast irl

Usually fire engines only have a small tank and are designed to be hooked up to a hydrant so the engine only pumps the water. That would be cool in the mod, if you could get it working.

Another possible reason is that maybe it freezes the truck so that even after removing the hoses the truck is rendered immobile...

Yeah that might be it. I will have a search for it, I think it was something to do with the games limits or I could be imagining things. :P

The dispatch system sounds awsome!

In regards to the ISU (incident support unit) mobilised on make pumps 5, the units basically carry extra lighting, ground monitors, salvage sheets, barrier tape/cones, aqua-vac's (large industrial size vacuum cleaner capable of sucking up water) all the general bits and bobs you need at a job (picture attached).

West Mids now have their own welfare units, which were converted from the 1984 command units, not sure where these are based but go onto large jobs when requested.

I shall send you over some more info and pictures on the pods Kookas :)

Regarding the BA emergency crew. These are normal PRL's, with a trained crew in emergency BA rescue at selected stations. They are proposed for the job not in distance, but the closest available BA emergency trained crew with a Watch Commander A (Sub O in old money) with 5 riders. Cradley are usually the BA emergency crew for the South Brum area (Kings Norton, Northfield, Billesley, Woodgate, Bournbrook) and B3 Coventry are usually for the Solihull, Sheldon, Bickenhill side. Picture attached of Cradley's machine (their old one) at a make pumps 10 in Kings Heath a few years ago. And seing as this mod is in kings heath! a pic of the job which was on Grange Rd.

Maybe, then, it might be better to not have a limit, to simulate the hydrant being attached.

Possible idea:

1. Select the fire engine

2. Click on the Source Water command and then on the hydrant

3. The engine drives to the hydrant, and then cannot be moved until either it is sent home (automatically detaches the hydrant), or the Remove Source command is used.

It might not be ideal, but it makes some sense :)

The internal tank would last for 10.5 seconds with one hose when full. For every additional hose, 1.75 is subtracted from its duration. All values are approximate.

Also, regarding the pedal bike speed, of course I will make it cycle at that speed, why would I make it go at 100 mph?

Scrivs, I only just saw your post. Thanks for the help. Extra lighting, very easy to sort out.

Ground monitors, however... Essex mod has these planned, but I don't know if it can be scripted to work, really. Tape, well, I don't believe it can be done properly, however, it would be possible as objects, but I think solid barriers and cones would work better.

Looking forward to the extra info.

Maybe, then, it might be better to not have a limit, to simulate the hydrant being attached.

Possible idea:

1. Select the fire engine

2. Click on the Source Water command and then on the hydrant

3. The engine drives to the hydrant, and then cannot be moved until either it is sent home (automatically detaches the hydrant), or the Remove Source command is used.

would you be able to make it so that a firefighter gets a hose conects it to the engine then runs to the hydrant and keep the limit so that you have to connect it this way to keep it realistic