Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

Okay.

Does anyone know what the rest of the message on the poster on the side of fire engines says?

http://i.imagehost.org/t/0130/freifeuer.jpg

Anyone willing to help, if you think you can read the message, go ahead :)

i think the lower yellow lettering:

give a link to a website,where you can get more info about the info given.

(or make the appointment to have your home checked for free).

The white lettering on the left side:

gives the telephone number of the service for that: Freephone Helpline on 0800 389 5525.( i think)

The white lettering on the right:

It looks like a small drawing of a home with some fire coming out of it, with a small drawn person in front of it(hands up like he is running away scared).

and although it is really fuzzy i think there are 2 bigger letters besides that person with "FU"

But the small letters under that are just to small for me.

Edited by randomperson139
IRFQ

Thanks for the information, although I don't think it would say FU by the person xD

lol not in that way no :lach:

but this is how i see it enlarged:

dennis.jpg

EDIT:

Enlarged twice:

dennis2.jpg

No burning home,

But a home with drawn people in front of it.

But it really looks like "FU" on the side.

They almost certainly wouldn't put FU, it would cause more controversy than desired.

Maybe it says MU. The two people you seem to see, those look like a letter M to me.

Meh, I will just put something and make it unreadable like in the photo .. then it doesn't matter :P

Also, I think it says Phone Free and then the phone number, now that you say Freephone Helpline.

I know the phone number, that's on the website. Thanks for the information! :) It actually seems to say HFRA.

Result:

[image]

lol at least i had one of the 3 right :lach:

Seems like it doesn't have too far to go now (mesh-wise). Just needs the front done and it just has to be red.

Livery work on the front(thought I'd never get this part right but it actually didn't take that long to line up xD). Also red.

Texture's finished :) Pictures in the first post.

Seems like it doesn't have too far to go now (mesh-wise). Just needs the front done and it just has to be red tongue.gif

http://d.imagehost.org/t/0907/DennisSabreXL-Tex004.jpg

Livery work on the front(thought I'd never get this part right but it actually didn't take that long to line up xD). Also red.

]http://e.imagehost.org/t/0189/DennisSabreXL-Tex006.jpg

very nice work on the dennis mate

Edited by randomperson139
IRFQ

It looks great :12:

Also, "fanbanner" code snippets in the first post, for if you want to support the mod. You can choose between a Police+Ambulance one (the thread banner) and a Fire one (in my signature).

No more progress for tonight.

Tomorrow I have a martial arts event and a family event, so I might not get much done tomorrow either.

Thanks. Credits to icychopstix and westmidsfireman as well, who provided me (and I hope they will continue to provide me) with info that'll hopefully make this a fairly realistic mod.

With luck, I'll be able to script a fire ladder (if I manage it, this will be used instead of Hydraulic Platforms to reach the second floor of buildings, because HP units are used for rescue from higher floors (I haven't seen anyone do floors higher than the second, so it might not be possible to include this) and for putting out fires from above along with water towers). I'm already learning a fair bit about the scripting system (but I hardly know any functions at this point).

Honda CR-V RRVs have strange lightbars on the roof, does anyone know who builds them and what model they are? Maybe Code 3 Javelins?

Also, I have worked out my dispatch system, many thanks to scrivs for his detailed information on how the WMFS works and various other important details:

Each emergency vehicle will have its own (probably boolean) variable. When the variable is true, that vehicle is available for call-outs. If false, it's not. When you click, for example, the "Dispatch PRL" button, what it will do is go through a list of checks. It will first check if the closest station has an available PRL. If not, it will then check the next closest, and then the next, and so on until it finds an available unit.

When it finds one, it will dispatch it, and the time will vary based on which station it's been sent from (I have this information with me, courtesy of scrivs). The time will not always be the same (will vary for different times of day), and I may use real time (this is the problem of small time scales, you can't really make things as accurate as you might want).

If I can't make fires spread at a slower rate than they do in-game, however, I will have to use game time, else you would have an inferno across all your city before the fire engines arrive.

All this might take many lines of code, but one way or another, this will happen :)

Lots of useful information from scrivs formed this:

This system also allows me to implement the system of automatically sending a Command Support Vehicle. When you send one or two pumps, and then decide to send two to four more, a CSV will be sent as well.

When you have a few more, a prime mover will come bearing an Incident Support Unit.

If you have significantly more, then text will appear suggesting you dispatch the PRWT (Pump Rescue Water Tower), COBRA (a significantly more powerful water pump (in real life, it can shoot water through brick)), or HVPU.

The time period between which a dispatch is deemed a "make-up" (when more units are required) will be ten or twenty seconds.

For these, you get "white helmets" (?) and a special manager guy turning up in expensive cars (presumably with blue lights on).

If you have more than 8 firemen in breathing apparatus, a BA emergency crew will be sent out (probably from D061 Cradley Heath).

If the amount of BA-wearing firemen increases further, text will appear on the screen suggesting you send a BA Main Control Unit.

This is the order of closest stations to Kings Heath (again, information courtesy of scrivs):

C8 Billesley

C5 Kings Norton, Pershore Road South, Cotteridge

C4 Bournbrook, Bristol Road

C1 Highgate, Moseley Road

C7 Ladywood, Icknield Port Road

B1 Solihull, Streetsbrook Road

C9 Hay Mills

C6 Northfield

A6 Ward End

C2 Woodgate Valley

This might not be completely accurate, but I feel that it will do, really, and besides, the only difference you will notice is the writing on the side of the fire engine xD

If you have more than 8 firemen in breathing apparatus, a BA emergency crew will be sent out (probably from D061 Cradley Heath).

if your saying that Cradley Heath Fire Station has a BA Response Unit then your wrong, i live round the corner from the station and it has 2 Vehicle Bays, Mostly 1 Dennis Fire Appliance and a Small Equipment Van, Sometimes there is 2 Dennis Sabre Fire Appliances and the SEV is parked around the back. On Google Maps, search up "Cradley Heath Fire Station, Mace Street, Cradley Heath" and go to the location, drag the man on the left hand side of the map onto the road and look around for a big red thing, you might have to move the camera a bit to find it

PS: West Mercia Police now use G36C Holographic Sights

g36csights.jpg

Sounds amazing! :12:

Also if you are wondering what the response policy is to different incidents, you should check out my local fire and rescue service's incident page and it tells you the recent incidents and what the sent.

(The Incident Commander which responds to almost every fire is this small van)

This system also allows me to implement the system of automatically sending a Command Support Vehicle. When you send one or two pumps, and then decide to send two to four more, a CSV will be sent as well.

Like a jeep or a van? If so they are usually called an Incident Command vehicles and carry an Incident Commander and equipment. I believe the Incident Commander is the one with a read helmet.

Source and I understand that is for Shropshire but they are likely to have a similar, if not the same, system.

When you have a few more, a prime mover will come bearing an Incident Support Unit.

An Incident Support Unit as a pod? Never heard of that before. Wouldn't a a lorry or a bus be more common?

For these, you get "white helmets" (?) and a special manager guy turning up in expensive cars (presumably with blue lights on).

Yeah they are usually a unmarked car with a single blue lightbar on the roof. This might help with helmet colours.

This might be useful and again I understand it's Shropshire but I suspect those plans will be nationwide.

Edited by Forensics

Thanks for replying.

Although you'd expect us to work exactly the same, I don't believe we have a bus or a lorry like that. The only bus I know of is that Dennis Javelin which doesn't have blue lights and is probably just for community events. It might not even be in use anymore.

Also, they are called Command Support Vehicles.

** West Midlands Fire Service Website

Command Support Vehicles

There are 3 Command Support Vehicles (CSV) based at Handsworth, Solihull and Tipton that act as a central control point at incidents. There are 6 specially trained crews who are mobilised to staff the CSV, this is necessary due to the hi tech nature of the equipment contained within the CSV.

Regarding the pods, there is a special pod that's like a mobile office. I think that might be it. It's either that or a mobile canteen.

About the pods, the one you are thinking of is the Welfare Module I think. That is a mobile canteen. I don't think there is a Mobile Office Pod.

Yes that's what I first thought, after a bit of googling I did find one command pod but it was very old.

Kookas, where did you get the info that Birmingham have a command pod or are you getting them confused with the welfare module?

That's what I was told by scrivens, that you would get an Incident Support Unit pod for make-ups above 5. There might just not be any photographs. I'm going to take his word for it...