Tim

Dave Black - A new kind of mod

Hello everybody,

today I'd like to present a new project I started some time ago. It is, compared to existing mods, very unusual and I think it is some kind of "conversion mod".

Who is Dave Black, and what is this all about?

Dave Black is the main character of this mod. And YOU are Dave Black. Dave is a nameless criminal, and he wants to reach the top of his league. So, get into Dave's everyday-life and do whatever it takes to become a rich and famous person.

What? You do not save people, you are a criminal?

Yes, this mod is not the same as the original Emergency. Of course you still have contact to police, ambulance and fire departments, but now you are on the other side!

What features does this mod offer?

Many. A little impression:

• Steal cars
  • break ins
  • Numerous districts, all connected to each other, and playable without restarting the game
  • use a taxi to get around
  • buy a plane ticket and relax in the sun :)
  • use your mobile phone to call the police, ambulance, fire department, pizza, your friends or your family
  • Steve: He's Dave's brother. Call him if you think you need help. He can take care of the cops, while you grab some nice TV sets out of the shelf
  • buy cars (put them into your garage to save them :))
  • SAVE YOUR GAME! a new way to save data makes it possible to save your progress!
  • car tuning (give it some nitro, or plant a bomb in it)
  • and many more

Play in a dynamic environment!

If you break into a shop, and the alarm goes off, be sure to get away before the cops arrive. If they see you, they'll hunt you. And they can call additional units. And you don't want that to happen...

Grab some food in a fast food restaurant, or at a snack bar. It will increase your health...

No snack bar in sight? Call an ambulance. Grab your mobile phone and dial 911. They always help you.

Any fire in sight? Call the fire department, they'll respond to your call at any time.

Being under pressure of some other criminal groups? Call the cops and let them deal with them.

Screenshots? Yep!

Some small impressions of the "start-district"

The river boardwalk:

l6379z58.png

The "triple-arc-bridge". It leads you to the next district. Unfortunately it is closed. Can you unlock it? :P

e50600a58.png

Any questions?

Unless it is regarding a release date, feel free to ask :)

And no, I can NOT estimate a release date, yet :)

That's something I did not decide on,yet. It can be changed in 5 minutes, as it is regardless which visual models are used. I can use the standard EM4 units, or use something else. If someone wants to recommend models, feel free to do that.

That's a mind copy of the thieves tale from Bass-ti, in another story. reads good.

The thieves tale was my inspiration for that. Nevertheless, I won't use it in any way, I want to create something completely new.

You will control everything with the usual EM4 Interface. There will be some new interfaces of course, but you will get the hang of it easily.

There will be different tasks, and you should find out on yourself how to accomplish them :P

I'm still not quite sure how this mod will work. It will remain like EM4 but you no longer control the Emergency Services you control Dave Black and commit crime.....? Is that right? If so, cool, I like a different stand point.

Yes, that's it. Emergency services will be controlled by a simple AI, you are a criminal.

So you do a crime and the police comes too sometimes, or is it just you and the crimes?

It may happen that the police arrives on the scene. And if you are still there, you have to deal with them :P

Does this take place in the us?

No, it's more like a fictional state

I don't know about you, but doesn't this sound like GTA 4?

Maybe.

It does too! I say we have american units! Maybe we could vote?

I say we use a range of units.

For example;

All fire units could be based on U.S units

All medical services could be provided by English units

All Police services could be provided by French <--- First thing that came to my head :P

That, or we just let Tim make his own units for the mod or just use the original ones?

I would vote for the originals, if we aren't in control of them, why does it matter how they look/their functions?