BritishArmyReserveCadets

US National Guard

hi, how about a submod where the USNG Humvees have a M2 50. Cal MG or M136 Minigun, it will make it more like a National Guard Situation

We would NEVER even think of using our mounted weapons on home soil against civilians, that would just be disastrous. Unless Hoppah or someone else scripts an event where Russians parachute in, it would be useless. Also, you will never find an M136 mounted on a HMMWV. An M136 (AKA the AT4) is a shoulder fired rocket , not a mini-gun. The mini-gun you're thinking of would be the M134. I don't know how much CoD you've been playing, but you'll never see a mini-gun mounted on a HMMWV, or any ground vehicle for that matter. The only small arms weapon systems we mount ar the M240B, M249 SAW, MK19, and M2 .50

OT:

@BritishArmyReserveCadets: you may want to reduce the size of your signature, Randomperson139 has taken it upon himself to tattle on other members for their signatures. Just a heads up

hi, how about a submod where the USNG Humvees have a M2 50. Cal MG or M136 Minigun, it will make it more like a National Guard Situation

What kind of situation is that????

I don't care if it's realistic, but mounted machine guns would definately not fit in the mod or the game. Didn't they drive with mounted machine guns on Humvees right after 9/11?

I never heard of any NG unit that did that. We weren't facing an invasion by ground, at that point, our threat was in the air.

I could very well be wrong, but I highly doubt they did

From what I remember the US National Guard did have humvees driving around with mounted guns, but....... They were only driving around at key military instilations around the US. They were not driving through the streets for the public to see. So unless the next version of LA mod has an army base, its not going to happen.

I don't care if it's realistic, but mounted machine guns would definately not fit in the mod or the game. Didn't they drive with mounted machine guns on Humvees right after 9/11?

I also thougt that having automatic weapons in the game was impossible, though we all thought that tillers were impossible till you proved us wrong.

I never heard of any NG unit that did that. We weren't facing an invasion by ground, at that point, our threat was in the air.

I could very well be wrong, but I highly doubt they did

On the 9/11 Note,

There where NG units with guns mounted driving through the city, Mainly east to west. I live in a very very promintant military town in Colorado and a park in my neighbrohood was closed for a week by the US army and it had two patriot sites. The park was on flight line for the air force base. My town is home to a very large Army base, Space Command, and Norad. They where not shy in my town with Weapons and patroling parts of the city...

I don't know how much CoD you've been playing, but you'll never see a mini-gun mounted on a HMMWV, or any ground vehicle for that matter. The only small arms weapon systems we mount ar the M240B, M249 SAW, MK19, and M2 .50

Hmmmm....

050801_Humvee_with_Minigun.jpg'

Humvee_of_Doom.jpg

2647476681_6be110c483.jpg

If you can give me the unit they are assigned to and/or a reputable source that says mini-guns are in service IN THE PRESENT TIME (meaning not future) then I will concede

EDIT: http://tech.military.com/equipment/view/14...lity-hmmwv.html

While other, more exotic weapons have been mounted on HMMWVs, such as the M134 7.62mm 6-barreled minigun, and the GAU-19/A 3-barreled .50 caliber (GECAL) machinegun, these are not in widespread service.

I stand partially corrected

If you can give me the unit they are assigned to and/or a reputable source that says mini-guns are in service IN THE PRESENT TIME (meaning not future) then I will concede

Not quite following you there high speed? Present time pictures are posted right above, In operational theater. There not photoshopped futuristic demos if thats where you're getting at. A lot SOCCENT/CJSOTT-AP and CJSOTF-A (Umbrella USSOCOM) teams either already have or optionally have a truck or two equipped with XM134. I'm taking that with your little signatures and avatar you either, One- Are a military groupie. Or, Two- Have next to no time in service. Hence, Present time teams in Operation with this equipment would break a little code we call OPSEC. I'm taking it that if you are enlisted, You probably haven't been deployed either. Ya need any other info let me know. CJSOTF-AP OIF Vet 07-09

You're right, I haven't been deployed yet. My unit was coming back the day after I got out of AIT. So, if they actually ARE using these overseas, then I'm wrong. My sources say they are in limited use, but are not widespread. If I'm wrong, and you consider it breaking OPSEC to tell me, so be it. Then my source stays on top.

But, as said before, I did admit that I was wrong and that they are used. I still know they use the 240's, 249's, MK19's, and .50's

I think it was more the little anger venting comments really :P

I think B.A.R.C has 3 or 4 threads which are ideas and suggestions for in-game units/personnel/edits.

I've explained on all of them people won't do it just because he wants it and he should learn to mod, but ignorance is bliss after all:P

Could have been something to do with everyone arguing...

Yeah, i think this thread should be closed. Hoppah isn't going to mount anything on the HMMWV and all this thread is going to be is a flame war as to who is right about what issue.

I think it's in everyone's best interest to see this topic go away