Dyson

[Released] Manhattan Modification Standard Definition Project

anyone else having the issues of sirens not working?

Had this issue on all versions of the mod. Commented on the manhattan mod website on v1 about this issue and got the solution:

You need to convert the sound files using a free sound converter you can download to a wav 16 bit mono 44mhz (well this setting has worked everytime for me).

All the other sounds work fine on their original songs so it will only be the sirens.

Had this issue on all versions of the mod. Commented on the manhattan mod website on v1 about this issue and got the solution:

You need to convert the sound files using a free sound converter you can download to a wav 16 bit mono 44mhz (well this setting has worked everytime for me).

All the other sounds work fine on their original songs so it will only be the sirens.

Yeah how do people find the ambient? I redid those myself using logic to ensure 16 but mono if the ambience all works for you guys ill run the same process with sirens :)

I was just playing and noticed that Latter 21 isn't avaible to be re bought. I also noticed the Latter 10 can be sent to quarters. Also I've been having some issue with Rescue 1. It takes 3-4 tries to get it to park in the station correctionly.

Yeah most units are acting units if needed, L10 is acting for L4. As for R1 like most issues it's being worked on for the patch :)

To lower the tower ladder, just click on the FF while he is in the bucket and right click on the ground to get him to move to that position. It will lower the ladder and he will eject from the bucket.

I never even thought of that. In terms of removing the map and using the original game map as a fix for intel users, I will say that while changing the maps has allowed me to play the mod, and I am very grateful and happy for that, If there are three or more fire apparatus in my view, there is a visible slow down in terms of graphics. That's because Intel sucks though

Yeah most units are acting units if needed, L10 is acting for L4. As for R1 like most issues it's being worked on for the patch :)

I also have noticed the the smaller ESU Truck has a few path finding issues. It decided to instead of using a bridge it tried the banks of the river (That didn't work) and then it got stuck.

Edit- If you tell a firefighter to put down a hose while he is blocking the road for a unit to return to the station the game crases. That may be a me problem though.

Edit- If you tell a firefighter to put down a hose while he is blocking the road for a unit to return to the station the game crases. That may be a me problem though.

I've had that too. Just have him walk somewhere, then have him put it down.

Two other problems I just found: First, I deployed the guys from Ladder 21, mainly bc I thought it would be faster to do that to get the jumppad (which it was). I then had everyone put their stuff down and get back in the truck. However, when I later had them get out, they still had the equipment with them, even though they put it down earlier, and what's worse is that they couldn't put it down anymore either.

The second issue that I have been having is the fact that all I'm getting for callouts is a huge amount of NYPD stuff, an occasional EMS run, and a couple MVA's/Car fires. Now, I've played freeplay twice so far. I think I'm gonna just try editing the parameter file to have it so the only calls you can get are Fire calls, and see how that works.

Edit: The waiting time in between calls is a bit too lengthy, even for me. I would recommend seeing if yinz could shorten that, even a little bit.

Two other problems I just found: First, I deployed the guys from Ladder 21, mainly bc I thought it would be faster to do that to get the jumppad (which it was). I then had everyone put their stuff down and get back in the truck. However, when I later had them get out, they still had the equipment with them, even though they put it down earlier, and what's worse is that they couldn't put it down anymore either.

Usually it's just an error in the game, and they aren't really holding the equipement, you just see the graphics of it. Try sending the FFs to get other equipment and then put that equimpent down, it usually works.

dyson I have downloaded the SD version and I really appreciate you making a special version for people that don't have the nicer end stuff. The Mod is great other than the few bugs and no police station. cant wait for the patch! also if i remove the old manhattan mod 2.0.3 will this mod still work? the older one didnt work for me.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention. I like the time between calls. not only is it more realistic, but it gives you a little more time to get everything back together.

dyson I have downloaded the SD version and I really appreciate you making a special version for people that don't have the nicer end stuff. The Mod is great other than the few bugs and no police station. cant wait for the patch! also if i remove the old manhattan mod 2.0.3 will this mod still work? the older one didnt work for me.

Yes it should still work for you if u remove 2.0.3 :)

does anyone know how to change the time between calls? i want it to be like 1minute 

You have to edit the file in the Specs folder named freeplayparams or something like that. I can't give you a specific line that you need to edit, but it's in the first group I think. Hope this helps!

I was wondering if you looked into this, and if not maybe you could. What effects me having 100% lag free gameplay are basically three vehicles. Is there anyway you could lessen the lights on the newest Chief / EMS vehicle? Plus, the two crown victoria marked units? It would be a great help, every other vehicle is fine, it seems to be only those vehicles. Just a suggestion though, thanks! 

yay Dyson,

first of all I appreciate your efforts to bring a standart version of v3. Unfortunately, I used to download well at MEGA, however it started to stop downloading when it comes to %10..13..17...etc. I tried everything. used different browsers (Mozilla, Chrome, Opera). I registered to the site but noway. Can you please help me out? at least another link. regards

Cheers.

Here's a brief look at the Standard Definition 3.1.SD coming soon! This episode is a brief look mainly at NYPD and EMS operations. 

Another episode following FDNY operations will follow later this week!

Hope you like the direction its taking!

Dyson

x