Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Me and Rafael are considering turning this into a stand alone mod rather than naming it a submod. At current it features no LA units or vehicles and not a huge amount of models from the LA mod (no more than other mods named independent mods). The only things steming from the original LA mod still present in the mod we are working on really is the file structure and scripts, so we have decided we want to name this a full mod now (will look about getting it moved into the EN mods section) because I feel that as popular as the mod is, it has always been slightly disregarded as it isn't actually an independant mod.

So this is just a warning that the name of the mod will be changing.

Thanks

Dyson

x

I hate to say it but " I told you so". rofl I think it should stand out as a mod and not a sub mod. As per proper credit just mention in the credits something like "Original sub mod of LA mod" or something like that to credit your start.

PS I didn't double post. Someone just didn't get in the middle. rofl Scratch that! Thanks Dyson.

I can help out with some of the sirens if you like? I do have several EQ2B combos and maybe throw in some smart sirens too. A pa300 for the fdny ambulance and perhaps a Carson siren for one of your private hospital ambulances ( if you got any.)

Why not call this mod " Empire City's guardians" or " Empire City's first responders." or Mayr just use " Empire city" lol.

Empire city is a nick name for the NYC.

That's the best so far, just looking for people's feedback, if it seems like a good idea I'll request the thread be moved and the name changed, p.s check post 1 ;)

Checked out Post 1 already. Trying to find the poll someone mentioned though. Static traffic for TS did you mean human or car? Human I would think static for the most part maybe a few wanderers. Car traffic I would say flow. Lots of flow.

Missions? The steam pipe that exploded, the hurricane of the last week, hudson river's emergency landing, someone said a ferry collision, I really like that one, but the last two if you don't have choppers nor boats I don't think are possible.

And invented missions:

Two subway wagon that crashes, and one hangs from the elevated rails, so you have to rescue victims/attach the wagon before it falls.

A fire in Central Park, it almost would be a huge forest fire.

A shootout in the streets: you have to make sure the shootout place, stabilize and evacute victims, investige the place with the inspectors (FBI and so) and arrest the suspects. This one could be a freeplay mission.

Edit: another one: riots.

Stolen cruiser, chasing, shooting ...

Overturned an ambulance ...

Assault on police station ...

Bus hostages ...

Drunken taxi driver ran into another car, killing pedestrians ...

Requesting tank with chemicals, poisoning the area around the crash ...

Crash between two buses, many injured, traffic ...

Drowned children in the river ...

A man who threatens to throw passes to train .

Bus fire on the road, possible victims, danger of explosion and more victims, others set fire to cars ...

Truck with horses turned, the driver was killed ...

Burning car at a gas station, the possibility of a powerful explosion and many casualties ...

Checked out Post 1 already. Trying to find the poll someone mentioned though. Static traffic for TS did you mean human or car? Human I would think static for the most part maybe a few wanderers. Car traffic I would say flow. Lots of flow.

Well we're on about the vehicles in TS, we're saying if an incident happens the cost of bloacking traffic would ruin the game.. .:)

Missions? The steam pipe that exploded, the hurricane of the last week, hudson river's emergency landing, someone said a ferry collision, I really like that one, but the last two if you don't have choppers nor boats I don't think are possible.

And invented missions:

Two subway wagon that crashes, and one hangs from the elevated rails, so you have to rescue victims/attach the wagon before it falls.

A fire in Central Park, it almost would be a huge forest fire.

A shootout in the streets: you have to make sure the shootout place, stabilize and evacute victims, investige the place with the inspectors (FBI and so) and arrest the suspects. This one could be a freeplay mission.

Edit: another one: riots.

Stolen cruiser, chasing, shooting ...

Overturned an ambulance ...

Assault on police station ...

Bus hostages ...

Drunken taxi driver ran into another car, killing pedestrians ...

Requesting tank with chemicals, poisoning the area around the crash ...

Crash between two buses, many injured, traffic ...

Drowned children in the river ...

A man who threatens to throw passes to train .

Bus fire on the road, possible victims, danger of explosion and more victims, others set fire to cars ...

Truck with horses turned, the driver was killed ...

Burning car at a gas station, the possibility of a powerful explosion and many casualties ...

Great ideas guys! Gonna work some more on freeplay then start going at campaign, don't forget the downloadable extra WTC map ;)

I have another idea for another mission: there is a call for a fallen person, so you send paramedics there. The victim is died so you send the detectives there to examine it he/she has been killed. After a while another victim appeares and so, then when you have investigate all the victims, the FBI sends a report saying possible suspects, so you have to arrest (sometimes using the force or chasing) and interrogate them, and finally the FBI discovers where is the final location of the serial killer and after sending some patrol cars the situation complicate (maybe with some fallen officers) and you have to send ESU to arrest/bring down him/her (nobody knows who can be the killer...) :popcorn:

I have another idea for another mission: there is a call for a fallen person, so you send paramedics there. The victim is died so you send the detectives there to examine it he/she has been killed. After a while another victim appeares and so, then when you have investigate all the victims, the FBI sends a report saying possible suspects, so you have to arrest (sometimes using the force or chasing) and interrogate them, and finally the FBI discovers where is the final location of the serial killer and after sending some patrol cars the situation complicate (maybe with some fallen officers) and you have to send ESU to arrest/bring down him/her (nobody knows who can be the killer...) :popcorn:

Yeah man, planned a Law and Order Style mission :P

Not sure if I understand correctly this part of the sentence :popcorn:

The WTC mod, it's an optional extra mission (when it's done) haha

See post #1 and we need ideas for campaign missions, I want to base them around the freeplay map, so you become very familiar with the map :)

Hey Dyson , IS thirty5tech a old beta tester of your Submod , I have a few ideals for some mission if you are interested ..

1 ) Small bomb explosion on time square army recruit center . News about the incident http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335435,00.html

2 ) Bomb in time square in SUV , News about the incident

I have a few more ideals if you are interested ,,,

Hey Dyson , IS thirty5tech a old beta tester of your Submod , I have a few ideals for some mission if you are interested ..

1 ) Small bomb explosion on time square army recruit center . News about the incident http://www.foxnews.c...,335435,00.html

2 ) Bomb in time square in SUV , News about the incident

I have a few more ideals if you are interested ,,,

I think these could be in the freeplay ( the bomb incident).

Weve 90% finished the final new engine 7 which is a sexy a** seagrave marauder ii. Has to be one of the more detailed trucks. Ive been worrking on the wtc mod aswell. Ive gottn alot of the inteior dne. Next will be tower ladder 1 finalized and tiller ladder 6. Hey guys were getting there !

Hey guys, great updates. I was wondering abut the limited engines thing and how that is going to work. If I understand correctly, we will have Engines 6,7,9,10. Ladders 6, 10. Tower Ladder 1, Squad 18, and Rescue 1 as our primary units. Are you guys saying that if I need or want a second tower ladder that it won't be available, or that it will be priced very high so that I might not be able to afford one? Or are you saying that the price is only going to be high to buy and replace a damaged unit. I can say that I have never used all of my ff equipment on one call during free play, but I have been forced to call for more help while playing on hard during an earthquake or an arson spree. FDNY has tons of equipment. Will the game reflect this?

Hey guys, great updates. I was wondering abut the limited engines thing and how that is going to work. If I understand correctly, we will have Engines 6,7,9,10. Ladders 6, 10. Tower Ladder 1, Squad 18, and Rescue 1 as our primary units. Are you guys saying that if I need or want a second tower ladder that it won't be available, or that it will be priced very high so that I might not be able to afford one? Or are you saying that the price is only going to be high to buy and replace a damaged unit. I can say that I have never used all of my ff equipment on one call during free play, but I have been forced to call for more help while playing on hard during an earthquake or an arson spree. FDNY has tons of equipment. Will the game reflect this?

The Primary units are all available, to request a replacement engine (in case of needing to replace an enigne) might then add a generic engine (so you can have multiple on the map in case of big fires) if that makes sense?

Hey all. My intense amount of work on Engine 7 in the past week is finally showing results. Yes I know I need to fix somethings such as the lightbars but this shows how we are going. Sneak peak at the map, the new unit textures, new engine 10, and a freeplay event where A cargo truck ran into a restaurant injuring 3 people. EM42011-09-0519-43-00-19.jpg

One day.. :) just noticed it said my name!

EM42011-09-0520-17-12-23.jpg

New and final Engine 10, Engine 7, Ladder 10, and Res1cue apparatus

EM42011-09-0520-17-27-91.jpg

Engine 7 looks incredibly low polly...in my oppinion, it's the worst looking truck in that last picture...

Hmm id beg to differ. Engine 7 is our highest poly truck. Over 20 hours spent working on iit and I thik it lookd better than anything i have ever seen in game. Maybe its just the quality of fraps shots but I an assure youwhen you see this on your computer screen you will think twice ;)

The dimension of engine 7 looks a bit off. It looks really narrow, thinner and smaller. Its sitting in the middle between the two larger bodies.

Good job nonetheless.

Yeah looks a tad narrow I do agree, don't know how easy it is to fix though?? :) Great work though Raff, can't wait for the tower, and so you found the jacket ;D