Guest ModMaker2009

Fire Engines without Equipment

Guest ModMaker2009

Im sure in LA Mod V.2.0 That the jaws of life have been removed from the Fire Appliances, why is this?

I just find it annoying, because instead of calling for a Fire Appliance that has the jaws of life, we have to wait longer for the HES to arrive.

There is equipment, just not Jaws.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=7398

This will give you some insight but IRL, LAFD does not carry Jaws on there BLS engines, only there ALS Engines.

That not correct mike photos has stated that only Light force and USAR carry the Jaws. Which is why in the game the ladder, usar and La county rescue squad have the jaws in game.

I believe a select few engines in the city carry battery powered spreaders. Most (if not all) of these engines are based in engine only stations (no LF) in mountainous areas where the closest light force can be some distance away.

But since the new freeplay map is not a outlying/mountainous area, the jaws should stay off the engines.

That not correct mike photos has stated that only Light force and USAR carry the Jaws. Which is why in the game the ladder, usar and La county rescue squad have the jaws in game.

Well if memory serves me right, I was simply stating what one of Mike's fellow LAFD colleagues has said. And dont forget, until recently if I remember correctly, the Jaws were stored on the HES, but I think they were removed a few months ago from most, if not all HES.

If i not wrong from 1.9 fire engine is already without jaws of life because IRL fire engine dont carry jaws of life.

I think jaws of life is only use on car accident.

I'm not sure about LA, but here in NJ, we carry jaws/hurst tools on our 2 main engines and our ladder truck. I've seen them used for other things too on the fire ground (that they weren't meant for)

In LA the engine and ladder respond as a light force... This is so that they don't have to sacrifice space or tools in exchange for being able to have a single unit... Thus the lack of quints and quads in the LAFD. The Ladder will always roll with the engine so all the equipment is on board.