ok, ill just send a e-mail to them asking about map enlargement, and is stan actually part of 16t
It isn't happening, especially if your not the one willing to do the actual map. There are tons of mods out there that have gone nowhere because the creator had no real modding ability in the first place and expected other people to do it for him. Succesful mods are done by people who can do different tasks from skinning to scripting. A map takes a lot of work and you would need knowledge in just about every area of modding to make a realistic LA map.

I wouldn't do it. Even if I had millions of time and got paid I still wouldn't do it. It serves no purpose, because most people don't even know how Los Angeles looks like in reality. The topic starter doesn't even recognize some of the buildings put in the mod. The LA River, brige, the bank building, the donut shop, the stripmall, the building of the second fire station, the hospital, the pawn shops, the small apartments are all based on existing buildings in Los Angeles. Then we also have the Wall-Mart, Mc Donalds and Burger King buildings which are also based on a real existing building in the US.

99% of the new map was made by myself and I feel kinda offended by this topic, because it feels like my map is not proper. You have no idea how much time I have already put into this new map. Making a map which really looks like a real area in Los Angeles would take YEARS to make by just one person. Making thousends of real existing objects (like massive buildings) is very very time-consuming compared to creating fictional buildings for a fictional map. Creating a team to realize that has not been proved effective. So f*ck that. At least I took the time to actually create a new map and that's why I feel offended.

I wouldn't do it. Even if I had millions of time and got paid I still wouldn't do it. It serves no purpose, because most people don't even know how Los Angeles looks like in reality. The topic starter doesn't even recognize some of the buildings put in the mod. The LA River, brige, the bank building, the donut shop, the stripmall, the building of the second fire station, the hospital, the pawn shops, the small apartments are all based on existing buildings in Los Angeles. Then we also have the Wall-Mart, Mc Donalds and Burger King buildings which are also based on a real existing building in the US.

99% of the new map was made by myself and I feel kinda offended by this topic, because it feels like my map is not proper. You have no idea how much time I have already put into this new map. Making a map which really looks like a real area in Los Angeles would take YEARS to make by just one person. Making thousends of real existing objects (like massive buildings) is very very time-consuming compared to creating fictional buildings for a fictional map. Creating a team to realize that has not been proved effective. So f*ck that. At least I took the time to actually create a new map and that's why I feel offended.

hey hey, i didnt mean to offend you, im soz, but i was just making apoint on how the map could be made more so the units fitted well with the real LA city. and the current map is good, like the apartments are bang on what they look like in LA, so does fire station 3 (the newer one)

hey hey, i didnt mean to offend you, im soz, but i was just making apoint on how the map could be made more so the units fitted well with the real LA city.

And Hoppah just said that most of the map is based on LA anyway. So the units fit well with his map. If you don't like the map then don't use it.

I feel kinda offended by this topic.

I hope I haven't offended you in anyway, if I have I'm sorry.

I know how much time you have spend on that map. I know I wouldn't the patience to spend all that time on it.

I think it's very honorable that you spend so much time on the map (And the whole mod) for us and for no profit.

I admit I don't know what LA looks like. :P

I really like the map anyway. I think it's great :gut:

As someone who lives in the Southwestern United States I think Hoppah did a great job on the map. The shopping center is a typical shopping center here, the layout is very accurate. The firestations look accurate and the graffiti and the LA apartments remind me of LA. Hoppah did an awesome job on the map, in fact it is amazing that Hoppah can make such a mod in the first place and be so far away from a place like LA and yet make it so accurate.

And Hoppah just said that most of the map is based on LA anyway. So the units fit well with his map. If you don't like the map then don't use it.

i like it, the apartments and strip mall are BANG on like LA :) i was just saying how to make the LA mod better, :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

As someone who lives in the Southwestern United States I think Hoppah did a great job on the map. The shopping center is a typical shopping center here, the layout is very accurate. The firestations look accurate and the graffiti and the LA apartments remind me of LA. Hoppah did an awesome job on the map, in fact it is amazing that Hoppah can make such a mod in the first place and be so far away from a place like LA and yet make it so accurate.

im going to LA soon with the British Army (im in ACF), ill tell you what its like there

i like it, the apartments and strip mall are BANG on like LA :) i was just saying how to make the LA mod better, :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

But a whole new map wouldn't make it that better. Easiest way would be replacing buildings one by one on the new map. That would do the trick too, because almost nobody would recognize a real area anyway. More buildings based on Los Angeles style would really improve the map. I just don't have a lot of time anymore.

True, but a whole new map wouldn't make it that better. Easiest way would be replacing buildings one by one on the new map. That would do the trick too, because almost nobody would recognize a real area anyway.

well why not have a trigger where at the top where emergency calls come in, it says for example, "you are now entering the Figeuroa district", or summot like that

As a few guys have said here already, if you're looking for a 'better' map then you simply have to create it yourself.

If you look around this forum you'll probably find around 30-40 threads where people have said;

"I'd really like [insert your idea], can someone create it for me?"

The answer 99% here will always be 'no'.

So I don't rant on and on, I simply second hoppahs comment at taken offence.

There's nothing wrong with the map (more so given the distance between Hoppah and his modelled area). I can only suggest you try creating a map yourself so you can understand exactly what torture hoppah put himself through for nothing except a few 'looks amazing','well done' etc.

Rant over.

Don't mean this to sound offensive, just this topic could roll on for a long time otherwise :unsure:

As a few guys have said here already, if you're looking for a 'better' map then you simply have to create it yourself.

If you look around this forum you'll probably find around 30-40 threads where people have said;

"I'd really like [insert your idea], can someone create it for me?"

The answer 99% here will always be 'no'.

So I don't rant on and on, I simply second hoppahs comment at taken offence.

There's nothing wrong with the map (more so given the distance between Hoppah and his modelled area). I can only suggest you try creating a map yourself so you can understand exactly what torture hoppah put himself through for nothing except a few 'looks amazing','well done' etc.

Rant over.

Don't mean this to sound offensive, just this topic could roll on for a long time otherwise :unsure:

ok, i understand what you are saying, i am actually trying to make a LA map, but i am pants with triggers and scripts

like i said, do districts, youll be able to fit those in, if not, do the complicated way of making them bigger

Honestly, besides the fact that you'd need a bigger map, if you wanted it done proper L.A style, it would have to be a 4 person multiplayer w/ everyone sharing the units, because if you wanted realism, you'd need a ton of units to put out a structure fire. Not only that, but you couldn't cover the map on your own. And for districts, it would make everything much for complicated. It's not worth all the effort. High rises mixed with suburbs and the rich parts vs. ghettos, it would be complicated. May as well make an entirely new game. If you realllly want to try to do it, I can get you pictures. But, I just don't recommend it. If you want to make a new map, make it a freeway, with houses to the sides. All of the TC's can occur there, and medicals and fires on the sides :P