Newfoundking

Haitian Earthquake

why poor people have children

Gotta question, who said those people are poor? That's a point I never got either.... medias say poor poor people but what we forget is that for us they look poor with the need we have...

In reality, they are not poor for what they have and with the needs they have, the living is different. That just my point of view

Gotta question, who said those people are poor? That's a point I never got either.... medias say poor poor people but what we forget is that for us they look poor with the need we have...

In reality, they are not poor for what they have and with the needs they have, the living is different. That just my point of view

To a amount,...yes, but Haiti is very poor.

And i'm not talking about stuf to buy or money to spend.

But to get a normal meal on a plate

(and don't say we have to much(witch is true)).

Health-care when needed, clothes to wear.

Fresh water(not talking about running water).

Education.

And sorry to say Haiti is missing quite a few from that list.

1. Half of the children in Haiti are unvaccinated and just 40% of the population has access to basic health care

2. ven before the 2010 earthquake, nearly half the causes of deaths have been attributed to HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, meningitis and diarrheal diseases, including cholera and typhoid, according to the World Health Organization.

3. Ninety percent of Haiti’s children suffer from waterborne diseases and intestinal parasites.

4. Cases of tuberculosis (TB) in Haiti are more than ten times as high as those in other Latin American countries.

5. Some 30,000 people in Haiti suffer each year from malaria.

6. Haiti’s literacy rate of about 53 percent (55 percent for males and 51 percent for females) falls well below the 90 percent average literacy rate for Latin American and Caribbean countries.

7. International private schools (run by Canada, France, or the United States) and church-run schools educate 90 percent of students.

8. Haiti counts 15,200 primary schools, of which 90% are non-public and managed by the communities, religious organizations or NGOs.

9. The enrollment rate for primary school is 67%, of which less than 30% reach 6th grade. Secondary schools enroll 20% of eligible-age children.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...ok/geos/ha.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Haiti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiti

I would agree with you if these people had an choose to make.

Will we live like this?

Or should be go and try to make things better.

(example) some African tribes, The Aboriginals from the Aussies and new zealand.

They can make up what they want to be, try to chase fortune and wealth, or stay with the older ways.