Hoppah

Travel and vacations thread

Hi,

I thought it would be a nice idea to open a topic where people can post their planned recreational vacations for the coming year. You can post anything you want as long its for recreational purposes. Well, I'll start. Because we want to go somewhere outside of Europe, me and a good friend of mine have decided to go New York City for almost 2 weeks somewhere during the summer holidays in 2010. I am pretty done with the Mediterranean Sea beach vacations where most hotel guests speak the same language as you, so it's time for some variation! I have never been to the US and I think NYC would be perfect for me as a student. My ultimate plan is to go to US West Coast for a much longer time when I am a bit older though.

[insert tourist smiley]

So what are your plans for 2010 or do you rather stay home and be lazy? :)

Hoppah

-San Diego, California, USA (At least twice)

-Orlando, Florida, USA

-Dublin, Ireland

-Bermuda

-I'll probably go to New York City a few times (45 minutes train ride)

-Hoboken, New Jersey, USA (Well, it may be a 30 minute train ride, but I call it a vacation, because it has great restaurants, Gremaldi's Pizza, Carlo's Bakery (As seen on the TV show "Cake Boss", and more)

This summer,I am going to go to Guangzhou,China and BTW,they're hosting the Asian Olympics in November.

The Asian Olympics? I actually like the World Cup Soccer which is going to be hosted in South Africa next year. Or isn't that interesting? I actually like China too. I love the food and the culture, but I'm afraid nobody speaks even a little English there. Do you actually speak Chinese? What's the Chinese word for 'beer'?

Well, every summer my family and some friends go up to Lakeside, Ohio (which is like an hour drive away) for usuallt two weeks. The thing is, since I have an internship at NASA in Cleveland I'll only be able to go during the weekends and after work some days. Last year we went back for a week after my internship was over but I don't know if we'll do that again.

But other that that, nothing planned.

@ Hoppah, you should meet up for dinner or something with all the EMP members that live near NYC or something while you're there.

The Asian Olympics? I actually like the World Cup Soccer which is going to be hosted in South Africa next year. Or isn't that interesting? I actually like China too. I love the food and the culture, but I'm afraid nobody speaks even a little English there. Do you actually speak Chinese? What's the Chinese word for 'beer'?

Most Chinese in China only understand little parts of English.Some can speak it really well while the others totally suck.

I'm afraid I'll draw I gun and hurt someone as soon suggestions for the LA mod are brought up when I am enjoying a cold ice beer in the sun.

"Ya know what would be fun for the mod???" *BANG!!*

edit: Just Kidding ofcourse, but I don't think it's a good idea

If you wanna go there,be sure you bring a taser,there are lots of pickpockets,and little unarmed robberies.Always show your receipt at stores before the receipt checkers beat you up.

That's why I don't go to China. :D But I was actually referring to billyfromhill's post.