Conroy

Siren Modification V1.0

I love the preview, but when I put the sirens in the correct folder, there is NO change from in game sounds. I even tried changing the names, still no effect. Help?

Put Siren01, 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06 in the '\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Audio\Fx\sirens' folder.

Put the station alarm and the fire engine start in '\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Audio\Fx\misc' folder.

Hope this helps.

-Conroy.

NM, I found and fixed the problem, great mod!

Edit: Now that I got them to work, they are awesome.... however theyre crashing my game. For a vehicle collision with entrapment, I send a medic engine, rescue truck (USAR) and ambulance. Once I do, it freezes the game and the only way to continue anything is to hard reboot my computer. Solutions?

NM, I found and fixed the problem, great mod!

Edit: Now that I got them to work, they are awesome.... however theyre crashing my game. For a vehicle collision with entrapment, I send a medic engine, rescue truck (USAR) and ambulance. Once I do, it freezes the game and the only way to continue anything is to hard reboot my computer. Solutions?

Download audio codecs.

My drivers are all up to date, if thats what you mean. If not, can you be more specific, which codec?

I don't know the exact codec but it will have to support .wav files.

So why does Siren06 sound like an arcade room? Is there a video on youtube that shows vehicles using these particular sounds?

All sirens used in this modification are real sirens, I don't have a video on that siren, C.F.D created it, he might send you a link if you are still interested.

Downloaded this mod and got 27 trojan horses on my computer...

The files used in this modification are 100% audio files. I scanned this with Avast and there is no viruses.

-Conroy.

And you automatically assume it is this submod...

Other people have downloaded the files and haven't reported getting any viruses. So are you 100% sure that the viruses are from this download?

What it kinda seemed like. Only browser i had open. clicked on the submod link and downloaded the file. as soon as it was finished avg popped up with trojan threat then it just multiplied itself into 27 trojan's. Cleared it with avg and avast. Not saying someone intentionally placed a trojan. I was just advising what happened.

So why does Siren06 sound like an arcade room? Is there a video on youtube that shows vehicles using these particular sounds?

Unitrol Touchmaster Delta siren or Unitrol Omega; Its called SWEEP Mode, it consists Yelp, Ultra Hi-Lo and Phaser/Priority; This is an outstanding siren and is one of the most effective? audible warning devices currently available. This recording doesn't do it justice; the volume and "punch" aren't the same. You can make all the asinine "telephone" or "UFO" comments you want, in reality it sounds different and is extremely effective.

Ultra hi-lo is a combination phaser/hi-lo that gives the benefit of repetitive sound and pitch change, so it is highly effective in penetrating modern "sound-proof" vehicles.

What it kinda seemed like. Only browser i had open. clicked on the submod link and downloaded the file. as soon as it was finished avg popped up with trojan threat then it just multiplied itself into 27 trojan's. Cleared it with avg and avast. Not saying someone intentionally placed a trojan. I was just advising what happened.

I know this is a few days old but,

If so, it was more than likely the host which was Media Fire. The likeliness of getting a trojan from this is rather low. I just downloaded it and scanned with avast! and nothing came up. I'm pretty sure you're getting a false positive. Please confirm you there is a virus before saying such and hyping people up. Did you even check if the system said it was this software? Or the download site? Or if it was a completely difference location on your HD?

You dont change it. http://filext.com/ is a great site for file types you dont recognize. Rar is just a zip file thats more compressed. You need something like winrar to extract the rar file and you will then have the wav files inside.

In an effort to support opensource... Try .7z - 7 Zip can open pretty much any zipped file ( .zip, rar, etc. ) and unlike a legal version of WinRar, it's free. :)

Technically winrar is free. :P Your supposed to buy after like 30 days, but it never makes you pay to continue using. Never liked 7zip myself. Nothing wrong with it just prefer winrar, but if your after a free open source app try peazip: http://www.filehippo.com/download_peazip/ The only think I dont like, is it does not have a timer when extracting files. I prefer winrar for extraction and peazip for doing the compression. More options and faster. To each there own.