andrew2007

Even More Additional Units!

The truck, well mine does anyways, has the bomb robot on it, so its not just a big swat truck with bomb squad written on it. I agree itd be cool to make use of the disposal truck you mention because it still feels a bit lacking.

And just FYI, just because its in a movie doesnt mean its real. In this case it is, as Mikesphotos has pics up on his site, but dont always take it for granted.

There is a reason why the LAFD Batt truck was done on the older suburban instead of the new one, originally the vehicle was built on a tahoe (different design model wise). When I had to do the conversion to make the tahoe into a suburban I just happened to do the older one first and unfortunately it was a royal pain in the tailpipe... Hence no new suburban was done, just the old suburban, and it's two tahoe brothers... Otherwise the LA mod would have gotten an Gov suv that is more accurate(generally they have the suburbans).

Edited by MikeyPI

I dearly apologise for the lack of updates, But I've just been busy lately with work and college :) It's all about priorities...

But, with the mod: I've been working on a few of the units in the first post, and porting the work that was done from 1.9 to 2.x. I'll be putting up some video/screenshots later of what's been done.

I know it's a big call, but If there is someone here that wants to take over the primary development of the submod then let me know as I don't want what's been done so far to go to waste. I'll still be contributing to the development of the submod, but someone might be able to work on it at a much faster pace.

Thanks

I've updated the initial post and will continue to do so with news, and new screenshots.

In essence:

All Completed Units Ingame and Functioning - 21/03/10

Division 3 Chief scripting started- 20/03/10

DT1, SU2 Finished - 19/03/10

All units I've marked as completed are currently in game, and functioning as they should with no bugs or anything i could find. I've started some scripting for the Div3 Chief as so he can call the BC and some other units. I am going to be looking into getting a dozer transporter modelled along with a few other things, as i'm not much of a modeller if someone would have the time to donate to do this i would be very appreciative, I'm going to be learning modelling (rather slowly at that though).

Thanks! Any questions feel free to reply, email or PM.

Sounds good. I see you have a dozer tender done. Is it a new model or a reskin of an existing unit?

If you do get a model of a dozer transporter, you might want to get someone to reskin the current loader/dozer to something more realistic. If we can't have a real dozer we might as well have a realistic looking loader.

http://www.emergency...oID=4816&Size=L

You would also need heavy equipment operators.

@ MikeyPI, LA city has never used Tahoes for BC rigs. They currently use 2008 and 2003 Chevy Suburbans and even older GMC Suburbans.

Andre what values do you use for your camera hack. Please tell me I want to be able to get that low and close. Please and thank you. :D

Hoppah lists this on his website,

<a name="camerahack">How can I get the camera hack?

To zoom in or out further and get different angles you only have to edit some settings in the configuration file.

To do that, open em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg) with WordPad located in your Emergency 4 directory.

You can change the following values: mincamz, maxcamz, mincampitch and/or maxcampitch.

The screenshots on the LA mod website have been taken using the following values:

"e4_maxcampitch" value="80."

"e4_maxcamz" value="3500"

"e4_mincampitch" value="15"

"e4_mincamz" value="100."

Source

Thanks

I saw your post in the copyright topic about editing the brush patrol. The base model of the brush patrol (2003 Ford F-350), was put into the mod as a civilian vehicle with version 2.0.1. I don't know if this will make your modeling any easier but I thought I would let you know so you might not have to edit out the compartments in the back of the brush patrol.

The additional units look awesome even I'm looking forward to playing the LAFD Rehab/Air Tender. Does most the units have an option go to there respected stations specially the fire dept?

Where it stands currently, I haven't done any additional scripting or editing to give the units a place on the map to return to. I may decide once i have the main bulk and objectives out of the way to edit the map and relevant scripts to allow this.

Hope this answers your question.