Hoppah

LAPD or LASD K9?

K9  

133 members have voted

1. 1. LAPD or LASD?

• LAPD
    • LASD
    • Neither, I am allergic to dogs

16 Year old girls and people who can't afford the small difference between a Camry and a Civic. It is a weak car, that is not even considered for stealing by most thiefs it's so lame. You have more chance of getting a Honda or a Hyundai stolen. So on that note. lol. LAPD k9 car I think is the best, or the SUV.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.asp...cumentid=434545

Camry is the third most stolen vehicle so I dont think speed is that big of a factor when looking at that list.

Made my decision: I am going to make the LASD Tahoe :)

You suck! :P

Yes but those breeds are better at it then most. Plus certain breeds are worn out quickly like an English Bulldog. There bread with a big head because they were breed to latch onto bulls and be able to hang on. Since all the weights in there head they dont have as much body weight pulling them down.

I try not to get into such things, and this is off topic but a camry, at least in v6 form, has more horsepower than a police spec crown vic. I believe a Camry v6 has about 265-270 horsepower vs. a crown vic's 250. Not that I like them, a charger and the new Holden Statesman/Caprice are a much cooler car. (I would love to see a caprice in the game). Anyways, back on topic. I would like to see the SUV in the game, I agree to many crown vics.

I like the SUV.

Camry=not threatening

Put an LAPD crown vic, and an LASD SUV, solving it for everyone ^^

Guest madforce
I like the SUV.

Camry=not threatening

Put an LAPD crown vic, and an LASD SUV, solving it for everyone ^^

Heh, I don't need any more CV's. I'd rather the white 250, like the LEV or HEV models for LAPD. I'm pretty much for anything other than a CV right now. lol

So...I'm perfectly fine with the LASD Tahoe Hoppah decided on. And once the functionality is there, simply reskinning the LEV/HEV and moving over the commands one could have that LAPD F250.

Police Dogs: (from wiki)

* German Shepherd (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Dutch Shepherd (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Belgian Malinois ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Boxer (Germany) ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Labrador Retriever ( Sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Doberman Pinscher ( Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Springer Spaniel ( Sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Bloodhound ( Track down Criminals, sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Beagle ( sniff out bombs, sniff out drugs)

* Rottweiler (Protect the officer, attack dog)

* Giant Schnauzer (Protect the officer, attack dog)

For more go Here

Only one dog in this list matters, the German Shepherd. It's the primary dog used in protecting an officers. Beagles, and bloodhounds would be good if we were replacing the search and rescue dog though ..

Would not be a bad idea to replace the SAR dogs with bloodhounds, I like the idea, I'm just wondering how difficult that would be, also I think the Ford F-250 would be the best solution because it can hold more than one dog, while most of the SUVs and CVs only carry one, its not very practical to have to tone out multiple units for a task like that.

Would not be a bad idea to replace the SAR dogs with bloodhounds, I like the idea, I'm just wondering how difficult that would be, also I think the Ford F-250 would be the best solution because it can hold more than one dog, while most of the SUVs and CVs only carry one, its not very practical to have to tone out multiple units for a task like that.

OK..... but Hoppah has decided what he is going to do. ;)

Yeah well I just hope there aren't any missions that require the dog, cause I don't use LASD, maybe CHP, but mainly LAPD just cause its too anoying to fuss about with all the different officers and everything.

The only freeplay mission that involves the dog is the missing person event and that is only a deluxe event.

Yeah well I just hope there aren't any missions that require the dog, cause I don't use LASD, maybe CHP, but mainly LAPD just cause its too anoying to fuss about with all the different officers and everything.

Guess you'll be failing those missions then.

Your kidding? It isn't hard to send one unit out when you need it, and how confusing is it to have different officers on a map. Do you even play the game in a realistic manor, or have you crammed swat units into the LAPD cars to cut down on "confusion"?

PS: If Hoppah is adding a new unit, I'm sure sooner or later we'll get some type of mission or command that relates to it.

I dont think blood hounds are really used these days. I went to the FF challenge here in evansville last weekend and the local USAR group was there and they only had a lab there and the rest of there dogs were not blood hounds.

As for needing more dogs i cant really see a need to use multiple dogs at once.

Guess you'll be failing those missions then.

Your kidding? It isn't hard to send one unit out when you need it, and how confusing is it to have different officers on a map. Do you even play the game in a realistic manor, or have you crammed swat units into the LAPD cars to cut down on "confusion"?

When i say cut down on confusion i just use the standard LAPD patroll officers and only call in swat from off map when theres a hostage situation, I mean having to deal with all the dif CHP, LASD, LAX PD, and LA port authority cars is just kinda a pain in the ass i usually just roll out about 3-4 CVs with 2-3 chargers, and try to keep the unit number down

Guest code2high
It is indeed an older Ford Explorer. There is actually a law in California (I saw it in an article about the Crown Vic) that states no Law Enforcement agency here can use foreign made vehicles. I will try to find this law and at least put a link to it here.

This is why although a Camry or 4Runner is much more efficient than a CV or Expedtion, we don't see them in police service.

LAPD uses Toyota 4Runners in Pacific Division specifically in Venice Beach.

Sorry it's not going to the Tahoe anymore. I talked to Mikesphotos and they stopped using that Tahoe like 4 years ago. I am going to switch to the LAPD Crown Victoria then. I am just wondering if it's worth to add a whole extra car for just 1 door logo (k-9 on the rear doors). :)