Guest matt31896

USCG Cutter?

Guest matt31896

Would it be possible to make a coast guard cutter that has the capabilities to launch a dolphin, mako/stingray, sea king, pelican, or jayhawk and have artillery?

USCG Cutter:

uscg.jpg

Guest MGC|Uthog

Just for looks i think, but where you want to use this boat? i think it has more use ifyou make a sub mod with USCG station and this boat as object next to it.

Cannons like these on a boat ship like that are probably impossible or it would require nearly impossible scripting knowledge to realize that. It's not something I am going to try to create. The other features mentioned in the first post might be possible though. On what map do you want the use the ship anyway? The new LA Mod map does not have alot of water nor does any of the freeplaymaps do. The only map suitable for a ship of that size would be the map of the oilrig mission. The real ship looks awesome though. I love aircraft carriers.

Hoppah

Guest matt31896

1) The artilery will be a dummy, doing nothing but having good looks.

2) I might make a new mission, a boat is sinking, like the on in the riot at the harbor mission in Em3, but in the middle of nowhere, in the Pacific Ocean, in shark-infested waters if the game allows so.

3) Should I make this a USCG submod, IDK?

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware that Hoppah is making the HG-65 in the additinal units submod before anybody says anything about it.

The only use I can see for it is a base for the USCG helicopter and when the new units mod comes out, the other stuff. Then it'll launch or something from that. Have the heli land on that ,and all that jazz. However, it'd require a crapload of scripting, and it would be like the police station. In other words, it's just sit there looking pretty in the water.

What we have here is a United States Coast Guard High Endurance Cutter (WHEC) more specifically of the Hamilton Class of cutters. Their primary missions are High seas search and rescue, and the enforcement of laws and treaties, meaning these ships are usually deployed away from land and support bases for extended amount of times, they are equipped with a 3 inch main deck gun, as well as several RHI (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats) and these class cutters have a flight deck that can accommodate a MH-65 Dolphin. The current USCG helo in game is a HH-60J "Jayhawk", and these are not able to land on the WHECs, so that's a no go right there. Also to be noted the USCG Defenders that are going to be coming out in the additional units sub-mod are not carried aboard this type of vessel, and are generally launched from the shore as a port security and mid range search and rescue craft. Sorry if I went on a bit of an information deluge but hey, someone has to straiten out the facts.