Guest matt31896

USCG Cutter?

The only use I can see for it is a base for the USCG helicopter and when the new units mod comes out, the other stuff. Then it'll launch or something from that. Have the heli land on that ,and all that jazz. However, it'd require a crapload of scripting, and it would be like the police station. In other words, it's just sit there looking pretty in the water.

Actually, making the boat into a police station wouldnt require much scripting at all. Just some small modifications to the script for the LAPD chopper.

The only use I can see for it is a base for the USCG helicopter and when the new units mod comes out, the other stuff. Then it'll launch or something from that. Have the heli land on that ,and all that jazz. However, it'd require a crapload of scripting, and it would be like the police station. In other words, it's just sit there looking pretty in the water.

Scripting is not the biggest problem. Modelling the ship is the biggest problem. That will take weeks, if not months. I once tried to model the USS Nimitz (the aircraft carrier). After I found out the deck required massive textures I stopped.

Hoppah

Cannons like these on a boat ship like that are probably impossible or it would require nearly impossible scripting knowledge to realize that. It's not something I am going to try to create. The other features mentioned in the first post might be possible though. On what map do you want the use the ship anyway? The new LA Mod map does not have alot of water nor does any of the freeplaymaps do. The only map suitable for a ship of that size would be the map of the oilrig mission. The real ship looks awesome though. I love aircraft carriers.

Hoppah

Spend 4 years on the deck of said carrier 20hrs a day

the coolness wears off quick my friend.

a fry pan in summer and ice tray in winter salt water will freeze trust me.CVN-65

I agree a cutter is no use their is not enough water and the cg chopper is useless can't even pick up a drowning vic,which is what they do so Id rather have a chopper that can carry 4 casualitys like the mass cas unit.