MAN007

New Police Car in 2011

Looks stupid. Don't like the lightbar and don't like the front shape. Would mind if our constabulary bought a fleet though.

At least it's better looking than that horrid prototype that someone posted here a while ago - made by carbon motors I think, dunno.

Well that's just one lightbar... Like for instance, you look at the lightbar on the Charger prototype, and that looked, well not the best... You buy the car, and you outfit it how you wish.. Personally I don't see this car doing very well... It won't be used as an unmarked car (at least if the department has any brains at all) because it is only for police, and I just don't see this car going very far.. Oh well

Everyone seems to be hung up on the funky looking light bar but no seems to remember that the lighting package that is actually used will be up to the individual department. I think it would look sharp with one of those ultra-thin LED bars.

On another note, Ford recently announced that the Crown Vic is on her way out. Then, it'll be nothing but Chargers and the new Chevy's

lol its a cross between a Charger and an Impala :1046275767_ugly: . that looks pretty awesome.

and that awesome Carbonb Motors Prototype was soooooo beastly; i would become a cop just because of the chance to get one of those :)

I dont see the charger in it at all. Looks like a stretched out Impala to me. On a side note, the car looks good, but its a disgrace to caprices of the past imo.

It won't be used as an unmarked car (at least if the department has any brains at all) because it is only for police, and I just don't see this car going very far.. Oh well

Well the plan is to sell them off as civilian cars after the police and such agencies are done, and surley a civilian model will come into existent sooner or later.

More pics here including an "LAPD" unit ;)

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gallery/?...amp;image=18445

I dont see the charger in it at all. Looks like a stretched out Impala to me. On a side note, the car looks good, but its a disgrace to caprices of the past imo.

how do you not?! look at the front the lights and the "face" of the car look so much alike to the Charger

^didnt notice the extra headlights. Seems odd to have projector and halogen lights unless the halogens are like take down lights.

Just noticed they dont have a tear drop spot light on any of the units in the photos. As much i hate them with a passion when being pulled over, I can certainly understand the usefullness for an officers sake. Not just for traffic stops but searching in dim areas and so forth.

Guest matt31896

1) Hate Chevy, hate the model of car, but the lights look good though

2) It looks like a streched Impala with partial Charger headlights

3) Told you people LAPD had flashing lightbars.............

uhm, where can u see flashing headlights?

That's not what I said. Read my post again.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/p.../1006CopCar.jpg

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-conten..._unveil-028.jpg

The extra red and blue lights are clearly visible above the headlights in these two pictures. I never said the headlights itself are flashing.