Guest topol2b4u

Any ideas for new commands?

Guest matt31896
what about a 'goto krispy kreme's' for police officers :)

no but in all seriousness how bout a 'mayday' command for police and fire? the police mayday would be something like this

*click POLICE MAYDAY* "161-Alpha to dispatch shot fired officers need assistance!!" and you would get a SWAT truck and the nearest two patrol cars

*click FIRE MAYDAY* "Command this is Engine 4 mayday, mayday, mayday, firefighters down" and you would get a lightforce, two ALS ambos and a HES

more or less im leaning toward the LA mod here because thats what i play, but i think it would be a cool feature

If shots fired goes over police radio, more than a SWAT truck and 2 cars arrive at the scene. It's more like 0 SWAT trucks, but about 100 PD cars. Officer down......... around 150

That's what most cops do. Why do you talk so much about China?

Because China's controlled by a dictator. And if he doesn't include China on every forum, the Chinese government will go after him :) jk

The blanket's a cool idea. How about making a new command for the fire chief. Instead of calling each engine separately, and having to do that over and over, how about codes? like for medical emergency you click a command for an ALS squad (ALS engine, ALS paramedics); for fires something like First alarm, 2nd alarm, 3rd alarm, etc. type of command? Just a suggestion, so you get the right amount of units instead of not having enough or too many. Like... First alarm would be a BLS engine and a truck(the ladder) because if you actually put in the actual first alarm amount of units, you'd probably get more units than necessary. Just a suggestion :)

Guest topol2b4u

The ideas are really great! I will put them all (the reasonable ones) on the first post so everyone can know what the ideas have been already suggested not to double post them.

What about the idea about the black screen on the game and the city visible only in the place where the units are located. That may suck on one hand, but missions like 'car theft' or 'rubbery' (actually most missions), would be more exciting as you would have to be really quick and the game would be a bit more difficult. I don't want to make a game more realistic (i've seen hoppah's post about that) but I think that making such 'upgrade' in the game would make it more difficult and real. You get a message on a top of a screen about eg. an accident in a city (more like a telephone call explaining what happened) and you have an accident located on the map. You must send necessary units, but as in life the 'call' doesn't tell you everything so you actually don't know what to expect. What about that? You like it or the idea sucks? :12:

The ideas are really great! I will put them all (the reasonable ones) on the first post so everyone can know what the ideas have been already suggested not to double post them.

What about the idea about the black screen on the game and the city visible only in the place where the units are located. That may suck on one hand, but missions like 'car theft' or 'rubbery' (actually most missions), would be more exciting as you would have to be really quick and the game would be a bit more difficult. I don't want to make a game more realistic (i've seen hoppah's post about that) but I think that making such 'upgrade' in the game would make it more difficult and real. You get a message on a top of a screen about eg. an accident in a city (more like a telephone call explaining what happened) and you have an accident located on the map. You must send necessary units, but as in life the 'call' doesn't tell you everything so you actually don't know what to expect. What about that? You like it or the idea sucks? :12:

That sounds pretty cool! I was thinking something similar, but, put like a shadow so you can't see the activity going on until you get within x number of feet/meters from the area. and have the shadow disappear around the vehicle for a certain range? like... the Age of Empire fog of war.

Blah. Hoppah's post about how this isn't a simulator. I actually have always wanted to send him a question, cause i can't figure it out. And whoever figures it out, please share with me. If your not going for realism, then why are we making mods? If you get it, my point exactly. Your pushing for realism, while saying its not realistic? o.O the irony. I love the mods and stuff, but srrsly. It's probably about as close as your going to get to a sim other than paying hundreds to thousands of dollars to get all the physics, and every part of a fire simulated. Or emergency for that matter. I like the realism we're pushing for, and great job to everyone. It's not that i'm against anything, i'm just confused by that. :(

Guest topol2b4u
That sounds pretty cool! I was thinking something similar, but, put like a shadow so you can't see the activity going on until you get within x number of feet/meters from the area. and have the shadow disappear around the vehicle for a certain range? like... the Age of Empire fog of war.

Blah. Hoppah's post about how this isn't a simulator. I actually have always wanted to send him a question, cause i can't figure it out. And whoever figures it out, please share with me. If your not going for realism, then why are we making mods? If you get it, my point exactly. Your pushing for realism, while saying its not realistic? o.O the irony. I love the mods and stuff, but srrsly. It's probably about as close as your going to get to a sim other than paying hundreds to thousands of dollars to get all the physics, and every part of a fire simulated. Or emergency for that matter. I like the realism we're pushing for, and great job to everyone. It's not that i'm against anything, i'm just confused by that. :(

I agree. To be honest I'd like to make a game more realistic.

I would too. I like hoppah alot, and all his work, but he is wrong about the "this is a game, not a simulator" cause thinking about it, you can make it however you want. If i'm right, most people who play this game are looking for realism, in some form. Otherwise, they could always go play some other game.

I would too. I like hoppah alot, and all his work, but he is wrong about the "this is a game, not a simulator" cause thinking about it, you can make it however you want. If i'm right, most people who play this game are looking for realism, in some form. Otherwise, they could always go play some other game.

Guest topol2b4u

Back to topic. Write commands that you want in the game and that you think will make it more realistic.

Guest topol2b4u
If you think you can set a code to make vehicles go around roadblocks instead of just sitting there or turning around. that'd be cool. I know some other mods incorporate it, but a lot of mods don't.

What do you mean by roadblocks and sitting there or turning around? :)

Guest matt31896
Can you make paramedics give tickets along with firefighters giving tickets. :D, my mod needs them, people won't give way in China so they should be able to give tickets to those who don't give way to emergency vehicles,they're stopping them from saving people.

Well if they stop to write a ticket doesn't that shave more time than waiting 2 or 5 seconds?

what about a command that calls a tow truck for use with FF, Battalion Chief and PD

- Jon

Good idea, but that was already kinda my idea with the commands. For the Batt chief and PD, it would be the alarm codes. 1st alarm ect calls ems, pd and fire, and each alarm increases the amount of units that respond. Tow truck would be a cool command though.

Guest topol2b4u

What do you think about giving a doctor a possiblity to "diagnose" a victim. When diagnose would be completed appropriate action would be needed (maybe different kind of medicine - I don't know). Then the victim would have to be prepared for transport by paramedics. After that they would be able to take the victim to the hospital.

I like the idea and it would certainly add to the realism. Maybe diagnose them and then if they have bad injuries you have to call an air ambulance.

Arn't we supposed to all remember Hoppah's post on how "this is a game, not a sim"? Hahahaha, hoppah, u can say what u want, but realism is fun! that's a good idea for the diagnose thing too. I wish I thought of that.

If shots fired goes over police radio, more than a SWAT truck and 2 cars arrive at the scene. It's more like 0 SWAT trucks, but about 100 PD cars. Officer down......... around 150

Columbus makes a shots fired, SWAT is activated and the nearest 12 cursiers are dispatch as well as CFD. Officer down, CFD, SWAT, and nearest preciented zone. About 22 cars.

Columbus makes a shots fired, SWAT is activated and the nearest 12 cursiers are dispatch as well as CFD. Officer down, CFD, SWAT, and nearest preciented zone. About 22 cars.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

I think maybe something more like a dispatch office would benifit everyone, instead of having to go to each station and calling police, ems and fire. and maybe DOT? It would simplify everything. And w/ dispatch, have certain calls? like.. "shots fired" and have a certain amount of units respond? and for Fire like what i said before with the alarms, and have like an MVA button and a Medical Emergency button? just to simplify things. even though it sounds more complicated?