usmc123

Revised Freeplay Map (Screens)

For this I did my best to make the map a little less European, I changed 90% of all trees to palm trees or more LA-ish foliage. I will admit I probably over did it on the palm trees and it looks more like Palm Springs now than LA but at least for me it looks better than the default freeplay map. I also added various construction sites, I added some other small touches as well, I removed some of the forested areas and put in certain things. I also added some car crashes. I plan to do more and screenshots are to come. If Hoppah approves this and you guys want it then I will release it.

Construction Sites (Not All of them):

6zt3t1.png

zkgz5u.png

EM42009-09-0822-17-10-94.png

EM42009-09-0822-12-54-22.png

Changed Foliage:

2drnk6.png

2rdc9w6.png

EM42009-09-0822-17-27-75.png

EM42009-09-0822-17-46-98.png

Small additions to map:

1zg22c.png

ajnnr5.png

EM42009-09-0822-12-37-73.png

EM42009-09-0822-16-49-79.png

Things not pictured are things such as:

-LASD guards at Hospital and banks.

-Two LAPD guards at the LAPD station.

-Two LAPD officers at the helipad of the LAPD station.

-Firefighters without helmets at Firestations and at the helipad of the hospital.

-New tennis court

- More parked cars in various areas of the map (Supermarkets, near the pier, etc)

-And more, but like I said, the additions are small and somewhat hard to notice but they were touches that I thought were nice to have.

Keep in mind this is not a total conversion, I have limited modding and texturing knowledge and this was just my attempt at making the default freeplay map a little more interesting to hold me until Hoppah's new map. Nothing more.

The palm trees are part of the Deluxe version of Emergency 4. If you add these trees to the normal freeplay map, people without Deluxe will get ALOT of missing objects. So make sure you include both the model/texture/prototype files of the palm trees to your submod. If you don't know what I mean, get someone with 911:FR to test the map. Either way, you got permission to release the changed/added files only, just like all other submods. :)

The palm trees are part of the Deluxe version of Emergency 4. If you add these trees to the normal freeplay map, people without Deluxe will get ALOT of missing objects. So make sure you include both the model/texture/prototype files of the palm trees to your submod. If you don't know what I mean, get someone with 911:FR to test the map. Either way, you got permission to release the changed/added files only, just like all other submods. :)
Thanks, I'll upload later, however I'm using 911:FR and it seems to work fine. I did notice other objects named "palmthis" and "palmthat" did not show up in game and were missing but these were okay. If anyone would like to test this though for the sake of making sure than PM me.

Good work usmc123

But i would like to see the map with much more improovments!

Add more traffic (for example - fill all 4 lanes in avenu on north-east)

Add more houses (open houses firstovall) instead of forest

Dont make too many constraction sites.

I have 911 FR (standart (not deluxe) version. I can test your map

If you gonna make freeplay map for deluxe version - you can add some deluxe events (such as birdflu; eboxes; sniper areas) - thats really easy.