danny96

flashlight la mod and manual siren script

One thing about the flashlight-issue: I can't really see a use for it, other than the obvious lightning supplied by it. But in what cases do you really use the floodlights etc to light up areas?

I rarely use it, except at when big masses of people are gathered and I need to distinguish my rescue personel from civilians.

Since there really are no incidents in Emergency where you have to for example search for a burglar or inspect a vehicle at night, the flashlight becomes more or less an eyecandy.

Sure, it's realistic that a police officer would carry a flashlight around, but when would you use it?

The alternative is to have flashlights activate automatically at nighttime, but that might just look ridiculous...

I'm a bit torn here. :P

If you want to use lights then call an engineer and set up floodlights or call a unit which has floodlights.

I agree that this is a valid solution. It's usually what I do.

But again; the flashlight could be a nice addition, since it adds a bit of realism. One could imagine police officers exiting the patrol car, and activate their flashlight. This would add a small cone of light right in front of them, and the user could turn it on/off with a button in the commandbar.

On the other hand; it's not really usefull, it's another lightning source that need to be rendered, and it's timeconsuming to make. Probably not as time consuming as making a vehicle, but non the less...

Someone would have to make a script for it, which would take time. It's not really useful so I don't think anyone would spend time making a script for it.

Neither do I, and I don't expect anyone to. :)

I don't expect Hoppah or anyone else to make this for LAmod, I'm just stating my opinion about the idea. If I could, I might give this a shot. But I can't.

Doesnt em3 la mod have aflash light

That's probably why he suggested it. :1046275767_ugly:

edit:

The command in EM3 LA MOD was useless and not perfect. The officer did not hold a fleshlight in their hands nor pointed it to the ground or an object. It was basically just a light on the chest of the officer that you could turn on and off.

That's probably why he suggested it. :1046275767_ugly:

edit:

The command in EM3 LA MOD was useless and not perfect. The officer did not hold a fleshlight in their hands nor pointed it to the ground or an object. It was basically just a light on the chest of the officer that you could turn on and off.

Offtopic; I really hope you mean a flashlight, not a fleshlight... :rofl:

On topic: I see what you mean. This feature would not be very realistic or useful, so I can see why this isn't included in EM4.

One thing about the flashlight-issue: I can't really see a use for it, other than the obvious lightning supplied by it. But in what cases do you really use the floodlights etc to light up areas?

I rarely use it, except at when big masses of people are gathered and I need to distinguish my rescue personel from civilians.

Since there really are no incidents in Emergency where you have to for example search for a burglar or inspect a vehicle at night, the flashlight becomes more or less an eyecandy.

Sure, it's realistic that a police officer would carry a flashlight around, but when would you use it?

The alternative is to have flashlights activate automatically at nighttime, but that might just look ridiculous...

I'm a bit torn here. :P

The only mission I'd use it for is the 9th one cause it gets dark fast.

The only mission I'd use it for is the 9th one cause it gets dark fast.

Yes, this is a good example of a mission where a flashlight might be useful. But really useful, or just a little?

I guess it's up to one self to decide.

Bottom line; I wouldn't mind having a flashlight-function in the game, but I don't feel like it's something that needs to be developed right now.

Who knows what the future might bring, though. :)

Guys, first of all, grow up, remember there are twelve year olds who use this forum.

Please stay on topic

Deleted all the off topic messages since some members just couldn't grow up. Issued one warning.

I'm getting really tired of all new/semi new members violating the TOS and causing me hours of extra work.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!