phuccmtt

Open Port to host on multiplay mode

Hello, I'm new member.Yesterday, I was host on multiplay mode without open port so when I host, no one come :machkaputt:.But now I can host and everybody can see my room. Ya, if you want to do that you have to do these step:

1/ Click start/Run/Cmd type: ipconfig/all . You will see something like this, remember your Ip address.

For example:

ipconfig.jpg

You see that? My ip address is 192.164.1.35 and my default gateway is 192.168.1.1

Next: open your web browser ex: Firefox, IE, Opera...

type your default gateway (my default gateway is 192.168.1.1) If your router asks for a username and password, the default setting is no username and the password is admin or 1234

+ On Linksys routers its "admin" for both user and password.

+ On Netgear Routers its "admin" for username and password for password

After login, you'll see the router's information page. Like this:

routerinformation.jpg

Click Network/Nat/Port forwarding/Service name/User define.

userdefine.jpg

You'll see this page. For example: My router is zyxel P-600H-t1-v2

rulesetup.jpg

Click active,and fill the box:

Service name : Emergency 4 (or another name you like)

Start port: 80 ( This is default port, you can skip open port 80 because some router has already opened it)

End port : 80

Server IP address : your IP you have seen (192.168.1.xx)

startendport.jpg

Then click apply.Ok you have port 80, now you need 2 port: port 58282 and port 12345

Just do it again:

Service name : Emergency 4

Start port: 58282

End port : 58282

and

Service name : Emergency 4

Start port: 12345

End port : 12345

Ok click apply.And now you have 3 port. Now you can host the game.

If you want to check your port is open. Download this file

http://portforward.com/store/PFPortChecker.exe

after you install. Just check your port, if the port is opened, it will say "both TCP or UDP is ok!"

If you has open those port but your PFPortChecker say it didn't, you should turn off firewall of windows and ones on your antivirus software ( such as: Kapersky, comondo ...)

Good luck!

From bennie900:

I recomend this guide: http://portforward.c...0v6/default.htm It's not the same as your's but its the same layout. Follow the guide for the ports posted in page one. Anyone else who is having problem visit: http://portforward.com Select your router model and make, then it will tell you. You may have to click "Default Guide" on the page since some games are not listed.

If everyone have a question please ask here.

Sorry for my English Because I'm from Viet Nam sad.gif

Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Nice to see someone posted an overview of how to open the ports on all different routers. I pinned the topic and added a link to it in the FAQ.

It's a real nice addition to the forum.

Oh,thanks pyro I'm very happy because my post has been pinned and added a link to it in the FAQ.Thank you so much. :):rolleyes::12::bia::gut:

Oh, if anyone having problems with open open port.Please post here if I will try to resolve.

Best regard.

Nice to see someone posted an overview of how to open the ports on all different routers

Will only work on a part of the Zyxtel routers and some of other brands ;) Some Sitecom routers don't have a port forwarding menu for example but do it through virtual server menu's

And theres no need to forward port 80 if I am right by the way :) Since this is the normal Internet port for http traffic

Will only work on a part of the Zyxtel routers and some of other brands ;) Some Sitecom routers don't have a port forwarding menu for example but do it through virtual server menu's

And theres no need to forward port 80 if I am right by the way :) Since this is the normal Internet port for http traffic

Oh, ok. Because I'm Vietnamese so I don't know how to open sitecom routers but I can find "the way how to open" it on google.:D

About port 80, I will try close that port and host, I will give you a result later. :schreiben:

If you need Sitecom routers port forwarding It' here: [Example with: Sitecom DC-200]

To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address.( you can do that with Star->Run->Cmd-> Ipconfig/all)

Open a web browser like internet explorer,Netscape, or Fire Fox. Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser. (ah, if your default "Ip address of router" isn't 192.168.1.1 you should ask some body use sitecom router :holdglass: )

You will see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now.Click the Ok button to log in to your router.

Example picture:

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233ywu2nwfjzw19462.jpeg

[i'm sorry because I don't use sitecom router so I don't sure default Username and password are "admin"]

Click the Advanced Internet link near the left of the page.

Ex Pic:

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233nzhhogjkyt53642.jpeg

Put the dot in to: Enable of Virtual Server

Then click the User-Defined Virtual Servers link near the center of the page

EX pic:

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233y2exzgjmnj69925.jpeg

Oh, finally you have to fill all frame,include:

Name:Emergency 4 (Choose: Enable )

IP Address: your IP address

Protocol: With port 58282 you choose TCP

With port 12345 you choose UDP

With port 80 you choose TCP

Internal Port No:

External Port No: same above.

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233ogfhytmxyz54047_1.jpeg

Click add after you open 1 port.

When you're finished, click Save near the bottom of the screen to save your changes.

Good luck!

just so you guys know its ipconfig /all

there is a space between config and the /

also most all of your routers port 80 will be open because it is default port for your internet. if your gonna forward the ports only use the ports you need for the game. if it still doesnt work then you may have to dmz your pc that will be hosting the game so everyone can see you.

just so you guys know its ipconfig /all

there is a space between config and the /

also most all of your routers port 80 will be open because it is default port for your internet. if your gonna forward the ports only use the ports you need for the game. if it still doesnt work then you may have to dmz your pc that will be hosting the game so everyone can see you.

I was test with Ipconfig/ all and Ipconfig/all this is results:

Ipconfig/ all: Can you find the IP address,and subnet mask?

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233ognlotbmmj2359350_1.jpeg

Here is Ipconfig/all:We can see the Ip address and subnet mask.

sieuthiNHANH2009081122233mgjhyjc2mw2359350_1.jpeg

Port 80:

Oh, thanks, now I know the port 80 is default port . So if I close that port can everyone see my host?

:1046276057_GroupHug:

I don't understand meaning of word: "DMZ" ~.~

Glad to see you join my topic :D

if you close port 80 then you wont be able to get on the internet. you will need to find out what ports em4 or 911 uses and open those ports in your router. i believe there is a post on here that lists the ports needed to open in your firewall. just do a search for it.

DEFINITION - In computer networks, a DMZ (demilitarized zone) is a computer host or small network inserted as a "neutral zone" between a company's private network and the outside public network. It prevents outside users from getting direct access to a server that has company data. (The term comes from the geographic buffer zone that was set up between North Korea and South Korea following the UN "police action" in the early 1950s.) A DMZ is an optional and more secure approach to a firewall and effectively acts as a proxy server as well.

In a typical DMZ configuration for a small company, a separate computer (or host in network terms) receives requests from users within the private network for access to Web sites or other companies accessible on the public network. The DMZ host then initiates sessions for these requests on the public network. However, the DMZ host is not able to initiate a session back into the private network. It can only forward packets that have already been requested.

Users of the public network outside the company can access only the DMZ host. The DMZ may typically also have the company's Web pages so these could be served to the outside world. However, the DMZ provides access to no other company data. In the event that an outside user penetrated the DMZ host's security, the Web pages might be corrupted but no other company information would be exposed. Cisco, the leading maker of router s, is one company that sells products designed for setting up a DMZ.

you didnt get it. port 80 is for the internet, so you can surf the web. you need to find out what ports the game needs open in order to forward those ports in your router. thats why noone can see or play with you. the game doesnt use port 80!

use the search funtion for this forum, there is already a post that tells you what ports to open.

i cant get on... 401 unauthorized.

i tried all things you said.

Oh, can you post some pictures? I think if you not log in as Adminastror user of your computer you will be that error!

"How i open that port 80 then?"

I write a guide how to open port 80 above, plz read.

I'm quote of FAQ topic written by pyro

Which ports do I need top open in order to be able to play multiplayer

If you want to play EMERGENCY 4 in a local network (LAN) or in the internet and if you are using a router or a firewall, you have to pay attention that the following ports have been unlocked:

port 80

port 58282 for TCP (Gameport)

port 12345 for UDP

ok? I was search, that is result.

A router is a networking device whose software and hardware are usually tailored to the tasks of routing and forwarding information. For example, on the Internet, information is directed to various paths by routers.

Routers connect two or more logical subnets, which do not necessarily map one-to-one to the physical interfaces of the router.

From Wikipedia. If you are with BT the router is the Home Hub.

Hi

I have windows vista

I can't get to 192.168.1.1 ???

Where I can see that?

You can see your default gateway at: start >> cmd >> ipconfig/all

And you will see default gateway: xxx.xxx.x.x in stead of 192.168.1.1