Agentchung

U.S. Coast Guard & National Guard Outposts

I was messing around in the editor and decided to make a military base as well as a Harbour station. I think i'll make a Technical Base later on if I can get these 2 to work.

UPDATE:

I have made some minor alterations to the military base, and I have created a new harbour/ USCG outpost on the harbourfront. Here are the new updated screenshots.

I have scraped the gate plan for the military base, however I was wondering if anybody would be able to explain how to use virtual objects and alter the scripts to allow the vehicles in my screenshots, to return to their places. Any help would be appreciated.

I need help with scripting... Please refer to my post on Page 2.

post-4640-1249679010_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679026_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679037_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679052_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679061_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679095_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679107_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679116_thumb.jpg

post-4640-1249679125_thumb.jpg

In conclusion, I was wondering if anybody knew how to make the changes I made stick? I saved the map (overwrite) under the freeplay.e4m file, which was under the Maps and LA Mod Folder.

Well depends on what version of the game you have? If you dont have EM4 Deluxe, then thats the right file, but if your using the deluxe version of EM4, save it as dfreeplay.e4m.

Now the post above about scripting is half right. Technically you dont have to have the scripting but with out it you wont be able to have the Jayhawk return to base. Nor will it be able to function as say the default fire units that are on the map.

Well depends on what version of the game you have? If you dont have EM4 Deluxe, then thats the right file, but if your using the deluxe version of EM4, save it as dfreeplay.e4m.

Now the post above about scripting is half right. Technically you dont have to have the scripting but with out it you wont be able to have the Jayhawk return to base. Nor will it be able to function as say the default fire units that are on the map.

I don't have deluxe, which was why I was wondering why the changes didn't save...

Also, I'm not great with scripting, so I didn't want to have it return to base. I was just going to use it as a manually landing pad. Also, I was just going to put vehicles on standby in there.

However, if someone could point me in the right direction about scripting... It'd be alot better =P

Do I need to alter scripts to have the changes saved? =l I don't think I do... but why else won't the changes stay?

Actually it depends :) i have done this before and if you use the hospital or police helipad and place it on your map and put your arrow over it it should land on the helipad if you right click. I made a base like this once it was 5 square blocks with 2 gates that only emergency personell could get through. ( required some editing ) then i added a armory with fbi Sedans and unmarked Cv's and the limos. Then i added a heipad and a barracks. The place even had its own fire station. Complete with a Als ambulance and crash tender :D

Actually it depends :) i have done this before and if you use the hospital or police helipad and place it on your map and put your arrow over it it should land on the helipad if you right click. I made a base like this once it was 5 square blocks with 2 gates that only emergency personell could get through. ( required some editing ) then i added a armory with fbi Sedans and unmarked Cv's and the limos. Then i added a heipad and a barracks. The place even had its own fire station. Complete with a Als ambulance and crash tender :D

If I just wanted to have the fence, flagpoles, security cameras, helipad and containers, would It require scripting? What file do I need to overwrite to have the changes stick? I want to get this settled first, then i'll move onto scripting.

no scripting is required for any of that :) unless you add a eletric gate ;)

Which file did you overwrite? I tried to again, but yet again, my changes didn't stay when I started a new game...

Also, do you think you can help me with the scripting for the electric gate? How would I do that? I was thinkink of adding a gate like the railroad crossing gates

the second one towards the bottom that is not dfreeplay

and ill give you the directions i receved in a pm a while back it will be a hour or so to find it mabie less ;)

There's already a map with a DOT base and Military base.

Click here for it.

Have fun!

Yeah, I know. That's w00d's map. I just wanted to keep the original map because I heard there are a few problems with w00d's map, and I have altered a few of my scripts and I'm unsure of if they will work on that map... I have a HES and Brush Patrol parked behind station 1, a Heavy Rescue Crane in place of the USAR in Station 1, and a Foam Tender in place for the HAZMAT squad in station 2...

I heard the extra vehicles behind station one will not work on w00d's map.

Update:

I have decided to scrap the gate idea, however I am having trouble with VOs and the scripts. I would like to have my vehicles return to their places at my army base and harbour station. Please refer to the first post for screenshots. If anybody would be able to explain VOs and what changes I need to make to the scripts, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Agentchung