Paramedic_Engine_2

Vollunteer

Is there a way where we can have a firehouse that is not maned, in the buy vehicle list there would be a button that says volunteer, you can buy them and they have a regular car and drive around, when a call goes in you can command them to go to the station to pick up the rig or go directly to the call. They would park and run into the bay and hop in the truck. Pretty sweet idea. Also, I want to make the jeep and personal car, put a red light in the window and have a jump-bag in the back. How would I do that.

Mike

Cherokee Fire

Is there a way where we can have a firehouse that is not maned, in the buy vehicle list there would be a button that says volunteer, you can buy them and they have a regular car and drive around, when a call goes in you can command them to go to the station to pick up the rig or go directly to the call. They would park and run into the bay and hop in the truck. Pretty sweet idea. Also, I want to make the jeep and personal car, put a red light in the window and have a jump-bag in the back. How would I do that.

Mike

Cherokee Fire

That'd be sweeeeet! I'd love that sooo much :)

or that the person hurt would be dead.

Is there such thing as a volunteer ambulance anywhere in the world? And the volunteer fire company idea would be awesome if there was a way to slow down the speed of the fire but other than that it wouldn't be fun at all because you'll have a whole block on fire kinda like where I live because we're all volunteers here and its all row homes which sucks but luckily we have a fast response or this town would be burn to the ground.

Is there such thing as a volunteer ambulance anywhere in the world? And the volunteer fire company idea would be awesome if there was a way to slow down the speed of the fire but other than that it wouldn't be fun at all because you'll have a whole block on fire kinda like where I live because we're all volunteers here and its all row homes which sucks but luckily we have a fast response or this town would be burn to the ground.

In honestly... Many volunteer departments would get to a scene much later than a staffed department.

In honestly... Many volunteer departments would get to a scene much later than a staffed department.

Oh I know I wasn't saying anything about that, I am a volunteer firefighter and we have a few fires that get a really good start on us. What my question was, is there any volunteer amublances because you stated about the persons being hurt. I think he was just talking about a basic bls fire company being volunteer which would be a great idea as long as you could slow down the rate that the fire spreads in the game but idk if thats possible or not?

-Yes, there are ambulances at some Volunteer Stations. Some are staffed, some are on-call, it depends.

-LAFD is not a Volunteer-run department, so not in this game on-call firefighters.

Lastly, in my municipality, Inkoo, here in cold cold country Finland, the volunteer department where I'm working, reaches all calls as the first one, and the Inkoo is 60 squarekilometers.

Our department provides BLS ambulance, ALS staffing and ALL rescue related from animal rescue to car crashes to freezing ice hockey fields at the winter.

It is not just some simple rule that "staffed is always first". It depends!

^thats not really what hes after though.

My suggestion for the thread starter, this will never be scripted in the game so the second best thing is maybe edit a civilian vehicle and have it at the fire station for you to use. Vice it the needed commands, (Moveto and vcmdflashing lights are all i can think of). Change the traits of the vehicle to a fire vehicle so you can find it on the map when needed. Then when a fire happens, send the vehicle to the fire station, get the ff out, put him in the engine and your rolling to the scene.

Guest GB619

Where i live we what they call retained firefighters,which are people that work full time,but are in regualr jobs,but are placed on standby,so if they are required they are paged to attend the firestation they are attatched to,but they back up the crew that is at the station fulltime,they have to live and work within 1 square mile of the firestation so they can respond quickly,and in answer to your original question i would imagine lots of scripting would be involved,and hoppah and team are too busy working on a new map to even think about new idea's

Yea there is actually some in Brooklyn that assist FDNY CFR engines on EMS calls.

Oh and I want to make a personal jeep, with one red light and a siren. It would be a first responder, The dude would have an extinguisher, a jump-bag, and he would be an EMT. How can I do this??????

Mike

Cherokee Fire

Basically I want to make the jeep a fire car with a fire extinguisher and a jump bag in it.

Mike

CCFD

-Yes, there are ambulances at some Volunteer Stations. Some are staffed, some are on-call, it depends.

I know this I've stated I'm a volunteer firefighter and we have an ALS Ambulance at our station. I don't think anyone gets what I am asking... VOLUNTEER(as in doesn't get paid) is there any ambulances companies with paramedics that are an all VOLUNTEER company meaning that the paramedics and emts don't get paid at all.

Guest MonkeySquasher

Firstly, it's spelled "volunteer".

Second, that would require so much scripting and things. Like somone else said, best bet is using a civilian vehicle as a model, giving it equipment and a firefighter, and just putting it somewhere. When a call goes out, drive it to the hall, and manually take him out.

Yes, there are volunteer ambulances. In my county (Niagara), almost all of the county is protect by volunteer fire and EMS. My company alone has two ALS ambulances and an ALS flycar. Tri-Community is an all-volunteer agency covering part of the county with 3 ALS rigs and an ALS flycar, and Tri-Town covers some eastern areas with 3-4 BLS rigs.

Second, that would require so much scripting and things.

Exactly, I can also cancel the map and begin working on the 2 million stupid ideas, because I can't do both at the moment.

This idea wouldn't be a useful addition either. It requires weeks of scripting and then what? WHAT makes this idea so good?

Guest fireguynh1984
Exactly, I can also cancel the map and begin working on the 2 million stupid ideas, because I can't do both at the moment.

This idea wouldn't be a useful addition either. It requires weeks of scripting and then what? WHAT makes this idea so good?

Hoppah;

No matter what you do, or how you alter in this game, no one will EVER be happy enough. I'm sure everyone that is a member of this website has great ideas, and I am one of them. But I also know that this is your game, and you have total control of what goes on. You are doing great on this game, and I look foward to seeing the new Mod. Don't get stressed over everyone bothering you.

-Jason

:beer:

maybe you know the winterberg mod

maybe you can ask them if you can use the script

you hear a horn and people are coming into the station and are after 10 seconds dressed in a fire suit than they go into the engine and drive

You mean that mod with a huge amount of automated gameplay and crashes?

You mean that mod with a huge amount of automated gameplay and crashes?

Lol, sometimes it works, sometimes I want to blow my computer up.

50% of the people who play with the LA mod play it because it is realistic. I am not asking you to do, I was seeing if anyone knew how to make the jeep a personal fire car with an extinguisher. Like a first responder.

Mike

Your best bet is to do as I said. Its not perfect by any means, but it saves you have to script something.

I know this I've stated I'm a volunteer firefighter and we have an ALS Ambulance at our station. I don't think anyone gets what I am asking... VOLUNTEER(as in doesn't get paid) is there any ambulances companies with paramedics that are an all VOLUNTEER company meaning that the paramedics and emts don't get paid at all.

And how would that company still be a company if they never made any money???

-d

well i am not a vollinteer firefighter but i know that those men and woman do almost if not the exact same thing as normal firefighters but they deserve more money. There was a large brush fire about 30 miles from me and two pumps for a truck broke down and it is too much to replace because the goverment only gives them 10,000 dollars a year and now they lost that truck because a pair of boots are 200 dollars and a new hose is about 1,000 so yeah.

And how would that company still be a company if they never made any money???

-d

The ambulance at our company doesn't get paid through us, they are a differnt service but are housed at our company and it is staffed 24/7. If they got paid through us and part of our company then we wouldn't be 100% volunteer company but since they are only housed at our company then we are still volunteer. I don't know anyone that would want to be a volunteer paramedic on an ambulance because I'm thinking about being a paramedic and its way to much work to not get paid for it.