Guest GB619

Vehicle skins

Guest GB619

I thought i would have a go at re-skinning one of the ambulances,just to see how it turned out,i think it looks ok,im going to change many for my own personal use,and yes i know no ambulances look like this in the real world,but thought it fun to have my own ambulance service running around los angeles,this is the BLS ambulance

em42009042420463670.th.jpg

Guest GB619

I am currently working on re skinning another ambulance,it willbe modeled on my local ambulance service,it only 25% done,as i have to redifine some lines on the ambulance below is the model im using,and i will repaint some of the buildings too,so it loks more like the UK,if i could model i would do some of my own,i will try and learn,but for now i will repaint the models for my own use,as i know we are allowed to do this for our own use,so thanks to the modellers on here

ambulanceservices.th.jpg

And this is how far i have got with the repaint,this is in its skin edit format,and im using photoshop as it much better to use

Edit by Hoppah

It's not allowed to release changed textures without my permission.

Before we know, people are going to start this doing this as well and that's something I don't want.

Why not steal an ambulance out of one of the UK mods and put in in the LA Mod rather then using the American style ambulance. ;) Its pretty simple to do. You just need to copy the e4p files from the prototypes folder of the UK mod, to the LA Mod folder. Then copy the v3o and dds files from the uk mod to the models folder of the LA Mod. Of course you would have to load the editor and tell the games where to find the v3o files, but its a pretty simple process.

Guest GB619
Why not steal an ambulance out of one of the UK mods and put in in the LA Mod rather then using the American style ambulance. ;) Its pretty simple to do. You just need to copy the e4p files from the prototypes folder of the UK mod, to the LA Mod folder. Then copy the v3o and dds files from the uk mod to the models folder of the LA Mod. Of course you would have to load the editor and tell the games where to find the v3o files, but its a pretty simple process.

I thought the England MOD had wound up,and besides the two ambulances are not that different,and as im new to doing this stuff,im quite enjoying re skinning the models,like i said,its only me that willbe using them,so they dont need to be perfect...lol

Guest GB619

Ok so i have done what i can to the ambulance,the only thing im not sure how to do id change the lights,i can change the static colour,but when they flash they flash re and white as they do in the USA,so if anyone could point me in the direction of how to change the lights when they flash it would be grateful

Looks quite like the my local Ambulance,apart form the lights lol

em42009042515143697q.th.png

And working in freeplay,and yes i forgot i had my pyscho BLS ambulance in its hippy colours.....lol

em4accident.th.png

Guest GB619

I re-skinned the BLS ambulance so it look right now,will also be changing the people skins too,will do lots more then will post them all,hope you all like them anyways

BLS on the right

Regualar ambulance on the left

em4blsskins.th.png

I thought the England MOD had wound up,and besides the two ambulances are not that different,and as im new to doing this stuff,im quite enjoying re skinning the models,like i said,its only me that willbe using them,so they dont need to be perfect...lol

Well I didnt specify the England mod did :P I think there is still a UK mod around here, but maybe not. I realize your not looking for perfect but its very easy to do. Just copy and paste a handful of files and you have a real ambulance. None the less I like the green and yellow checkered ambulance in the last post :)

As for the light, load the editor, load the la mod. Hit F1. Select vehicles. Find the vehicle you want. Click it and you will see alot of options. One of which will say Edit Lights. This can be tricky though, but good luck. :)

Guest GB619
nice, but these models are only for fun...Refuse try shape own models? It would be more useful than it repaint. Otherwise nice reworking

Re-painting these models are for my own use,i am going to attempt to do some models,but dont have the time atm,ask Hoppah and co how long it takes to model,i dont have all day to sit in front of my pc,i have to work,thats why i understand we all have to wait for hoppah and co to update their mods as they have lives too,and re painting takes time too,maybe you should try it....lol

Guest GB619

Edit by Hoppah

It's not allowed to release changed textures without my permission.

Before we know, people are going to start this doing this as well and that's something I don't want.

Hoppah i have no intention of releasing the re skinned models,i am only using them on my own PC,i thought we were allowed to re skin the models for our own use,so long as we dont give them to other people,i was only showing others what i have done,if this is not allowed then i am sorry and you can delete this thread completely

2ND edit:Doh i now realise why you had to edit my post,as i put up a picture of the file that could have been copied by others,where as the other pictures i have posted can not be added to game,im sorry for doing that and it wont happen again me is :mug:

2ND edit:Doh i now realise why you had to edit my post,as i put up a picture of the file that could have been copied by others,where as the other pictures i have posted can not be added to game,im sorry for doing that and it wont happen again me is :mug:

I know it was unintentionally. That's why I didn't warn you. :)

Guest GB619

Another re skin,the battallion chiefs vehicle,i could not change the skin for the top lights as they seemed to blend in with the whole skin,but apart from that it looks the same as the the paramedic vehicle that is sent out to the forest about 2 miles from where i live....lol

I meant to change the helmet colour but forgot...doh

em42009042819220107.th.png

Another re skin,the battallion chiefs vehicle,i could not change the skin for the top lights as they seemed to blend in with the whole skin,but apart from that it looks the same as the the paramedic vehicle that is sent out to the forest about 2 miles from where i live....lol

I meant to change the helmet colour but forgot...doh

em42009042819220107.th.png

Nice work. it looks very good.

Guest GB619
I dont get it, what were you trying to do with the light bar?

I cant post the raw image,but the light bar on the skin does show,but it different,so i changed it to blue,but it still show up red,the whole background of the skin is red,so this must be the issue,its not a problem,its only this model i cant change the lightbar skin,so thats why it looks strange with a red light bar..lol

Guest GB619

More skins i have done,will work on Fire engine 1 and 2 when i get time

But willbe re skinning some models from the original game first,mainly buildings

em42009050115101215.th.png

More skins i have done,will work on Fire engine 1 and 2 when i get time

But willbe re skinning some models from the original game first,mainly buildings

em42009050115101215.th.png

You gotta solve invisible ladder bug :D

But looks good ;]