theocd

Batons

Hi,

(Firstly I would like to apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I have checked under 'things that are not possible' and have searched 'baton', 'truncheon' and 'ASP' and got no return other than general chit-chat so here goes)

I have been wondering for a while whether it is possible for a baton to be put in the game. The reason for this is coming from England, very few of our cops carry firearms whereas all of them carry an ASP or similar. Would it be possible for a baton to be used in game to subdue a criminal? For example, when you fight a criminal for too long they eventually collapse to the floor needing medical attention, with a baton in game could this be achieved instantly? The scene would go something like this. Select officer, draw baton, subdue, (cop runs over and THWACK), one crim needing an ambulance.

Does anyone believe this is possible? If so could someone explain in laymans terms?

Many thanks,

The OCD

In theory you could make a weapon that when you tell an officer to use it, a few swings could put the criminal in an incapacitated state, but I thiink that it would be better to make one so that not only can you subdue one, but possibly make a criminal surrender easier, and get arrested without much of a fight, because ehre, a few swings with a baton, and they give up.

I think this would make a nice little change to gameplay.

In theory you could make a weapon that when you tell an officer to use it, a few swings could put the criminal in an incapacitated state, but I thiink that it would be better to make one so that not only can you subdue one, but possibly make a criminal surrender easier, and get arrested without much of a fight, because ehre, a few swings with a baton, and they give up.

Can't you make the criminal surrender by drawing the pistol and trying to arrest them?

Can't you make the criminal surrender by drawing the pistol and trying to arrest them?

Yes, but I believe that is Hoppah's armed arrest script. And, as I've already mentioned, being from England, not many of our officers carry firearms. I am asking whether it is possible to script and unarmed alternative.

Yes, but I believe that is Hoppah's armed arrest script.

Ok. I thought it was an emergency 4 script, not an la mod script

And, as I've already mentioned, being from England, not many of our officers carry firearms

I'm from England as well so I know that not many officers carry firearms.

Baton VS Gun.............

Gun wins!

Have you ever heard a Cop with an Baton going after a guy with a gun?

I'm not sure how a armed arrest script with a baton would work?

If a cop has a baton then the guy you trying to arrest should have a knife?

Baton VS Gun.............

Gun wins!

Have you ever heard a Cop with an Baton going after a guy with a gun?

I'm not sure how a armed arrest script with a baton would work?

If a cop has a baton then the guy you trying to arrest should have a knife?

I have seen many a British Bobby with their Trusty Truncheon running after a homicidal maniac armed with a gun. (Shortly before ducking behind a wall and calling for an ARV. But we don't mention that bit)

You are totally right in the scripting of it would be difficult, I have no experience of scripting, never understood it and don't know where to start.

Ideally the suspect would have a knife, iron bar or similar but I haven't seen any in game.

If anyone would like to take the project on and script it, I don't care, I only created the idea, the scripter could take full credit.

I am not totally sure but I think armed civilians in freeplay, which is where I am guessing this idea would mainly want to be used, are randomized on if they are armed or not, when they are to be armed they have a pistol... So I think you'd have to basically replace the gun (originally in the game in the first place) in order for it to not be present. I am not fully certain about this, but I believe that is the only possible way this event could work in freeplay to where your officer was not in a firefight without a pistol being used against him. If this is the case I am not sure if this is even possible to do.

what if you made a new melee weapon that would be like fighting for an officer, but it would be stronger, and the officer would take less damage from it...

Like he runs up, with baton out, and swings. then after one or two the suspect quits the fight and is cuffed, or if he is particuarly stubborn, then he has to get bet a few times. If all else fails, he eventually drops to the ground. Kinda like a normal fight now, but only, the officer can do more damage in less time, so it is just like sped up, but the officer doesn't take as much damage, so only one side is sped up..

make any sense?

what if you made a new melee weapon that would be like fighting for an officer, but it would be stronger, and the officer would take less damage from it...

Like he runs up, with baton out, and swings. then after one or two the suspect quits the fight and is cuffed, or if he is particuarly stubborn, then he has to get bet a few times. If all else fails, he eventually drops to the ground. Kinda like a normal fight now, but only, the officer can do more damage in less time, so it is just like sped up, but the officer doesn't take as much damage, so only one side is sped up..

make any sense?

Makes sense but the problem is getting it to work in game. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it work in game please share in laymans terms.

MickeyPI wrote in the suggestions thread:

A Stun Gun/Taser:

There is current no known way to temporarilly stun a suspect other than the hard-coded flashbang effect, which does not function like a hand held weapon. We currently do not know a way around this issue, or if it is even possible.