Rulerz

Please help me find a new pc

Consider building it yourself. Building it yourself is very cost effective. I just build the computer in my signature (minus headset, keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers) for around $850 USD.

or, if you dont have the skills and dont want to learn to build it yourself, buy the computer in a small local computer shop and avoid the big chains like Curry's, PC World, Comet and what else, you usually get more value for money by buying it in a small shop.

and i only know of this UK website, http://overclockers.co.uk/ but i have a good impression of that company

Consider building it yourself. Building it yourself is very cost effective. I just build the computer in my signature (minus headset, keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers) for around $875 USD.

Ehm in 90% of cases building yourself is more expensive then building a pre-build or build on order pc ;)

And chances are you go back to the shop more times to exchange parts, etc

But, it is a little more costly, and not everyone will need a top of the line system, so best thing to do is call around, tell them what you want it for, like gaming with these kind of games, and they can help. That's the best thing to do IMO. Unless of course you are technologically inclined, and you know your stuff, as well as where to get good cheap parts, then go all out.

Guest Sir Stan

I built a top of the line PC with only $2,000. (Built it myself)

CASE: Antec 900 (The one with fans more powerful than a jet engine)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400

PSU: Corsair 650W

MOBO: Asus P5N-T nForce 780i (W/SLI support)

VIDCARD: Nvidia Geforce GTX260 796MB RAM OC

RAM: 4GB OCZ Platinum

SCREEN: 22" Samsung LCD

KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder

HEADSET: Creative Fatal1ty Headset

Yes, for real, all this under $2k!

I used to work part-time at a computer store (MicroBytes, for people familiar with it), so I have a good deal of experience with building PCs.

Edited by Sir Stan

Consider building it yourself. Building it yourself is very cost effective. I just build the computer in my signature (minus headset, keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers) for around $875 USD.

billyfromhill,

Could I get you to tell me where you got all that stuff at, that is a nice setup you got there.

Thanks

- Jon

Indeed building is usually the more cost effective measure. Thats a pretty nice build there Billy.

or, if you dont have the skills and dont want to learn to build it yourself, buy the computer in a small local computer shop and avoid the big chains like Curry's, PC World, Comet and what else, you usually get more value for money by buying it in a small shop.

and i only know of this UK website, http://overclockers.co.uk/ but i have a good impression of that company

Overclockers is very reliable from what I have heard. Probably the top online shop in the UK for PC parts. To add on to his point, avoid large retail chains. Although regional chains arent that bad.

Ehm in 90% of cases building yourself is more expensive then building a pre-build or build on order pc ;)

And chances are you go back to the shop more times to exchange parts, etc

Please site some examples, because in my experience, and i throw builds together for people from time to time, there is always more bang for the buck on a custom build. Not to mention with a Dell(for example) you get what you get. You might be able to choose between an ATI or Nvidia gfx chip depending on your build. You may be bale to choose between 2,3,and 4 GB of RAM. You may get to choose between a 1TB hard drive or a 2 TB hard drive. The thing is your not choosing weather you want a Seagate,Western Digital Hard Drive, which are top quality drives usually, compared to what ever Dell choose to throw in there because they got a good deal on them. Not to mention the ability to over clock if you want, choosing your cooling methods, choosing your case, and nice cable managment.

I built my rig back in December and with the i7 cpu chips growing more and more popular, of course Core 2 builds are getting cheaper, but anyways:

Mozart TX Case

Asus P5N-D Mobo

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

4GB Patriot RAM

EVGA Nvidia 900GTX+

Pioneer 115 DBK

Seagate 750 GB Hard Drive

Corsair HX520 W Modular PSU

All that for a bit over $1,000 USD.

billyfromhill,

Could I get you to tell me where you got all that stuff at, that is a nice setup you got there.

Thanks

- Jon

My guess is www.newegg.com and possibly a few pieces from www.TigerDirect.com

@Rulerz, thats a pretty tight budget to work with. £100 will not get you much. I will see whats possible.